• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 20 - Completing all tech without full upgrade

LORIELON

Novice
Hi all,
Is it possible to finalize all tech research in Chapter 20 without fully upgrading the Harmony Grove?

Currently ready to upgrade it to Level 3, but the cost is horrible for Level 4.
I suppose that with that cost I can simply contribute to the research and finalize the Chapter...

Thanks,

LORIELON

Novice
Yeah,
answering my self =))

It is not possible, as the last 2 technologies require 7500 bars, which is above the limit of 6000 that Level 3 has.
To actually pay that cost, Level 4 of Harmony Grove is needed (storage > 6000 bars) .

kurgkurg

Conjurer
It helps if you don't keep all ensembles in your city during the whole chapter, use teleports to keep them in inventory. you need them only at that moment when you start the portal upgrade. In that way, you save a lot of space for more useful things and can use portal profits in a reasonable way.

Jaxom

Alchemist
You can complete chapter 20 with the Grove at level 3 IF you have the Vortex of Storage at level 14 or higher.
But you cannot complete all the chapter quests going this route.

m4rt1n

Adept
You can complete chapter 20 with the Grove at level 3 IF you have the Vortex of Storage at level 14 or higher.
But you cannot complete all the chapter quests going this route.

That works but then you need to wait for ch21 to get the best rewards from the storyline quest, given that it is going to most likely be a year from release of 20 to 21 maybe just be patient, works for some who like the story quests but not others maybe.

Jaxom

Alchemist
When I looked at the rewards for the later storyline quests in chapter 20 (iDavis) I really saw little that impressed me.
Considering what it would have taken me to clear space for 15 ensembles and then upgrade the grove i saw no reason to move on. I stopped when it demanded 12 ensembles. Maybe I missed something, certainly not the 200 diamonds or the petfood. Far easier ways to get those!

Chapter 20 was, by the way, the first chapter in which I did not complete the storyline. For me it was just not worth it once I had seen the rewards.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Chapter 20 was, by the way, the first chapter in which I did not complete the storyline.
I seem to be in the same boat @Jaxom. All the previous chapters I would look forward to progressing into the next chapter. But not #20. Irrespective of the release of Ch XXI, I have not enjoyed the research demands of Ch XX.
Maybe I will just float around in the doldrums for a while.

1687047498524.png

m4rt1n

Adept
I seem to be in the same boat @Jaxom. All the previous chapters I would look forward to progressing into the next chapter. But not #20. Irrespective of the release of Ch XXI, I have not enjoyed the research demands of Ch XX.
Maybe I will just float around in the doldrums for a while.

View attachment 7507

Each to their own, I enjoyed the challenge to complete with the storyline quests, after all I had plenty of time.

Jaxom

Alchemist
I agree completely that everyone can play the game the way they want.
I too always enjoyed the challenges of doing the chapter quests. But in 20 it became an issue of teleporting buildings to make room for more ensembles whose sole purpose was to allow upgrading the Grove. Fifteen ensembles were not needed to complete the tech, only to upgrade the Grove and complete the quests. A ridiculous amount of space was needed to finish the chapter.

The late chapter quest rewards were insignificant so I chose to bail out and use the Vortex to complete the research, not the Grove at level 4.

And yes, I had plenty of time but why bother? I commend those who did. Just not fun for me.