• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 19: Revenge of the Exile

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
thankfully I am done with all quests but IIRC only the lvl.4 Fortress gives that "thing" (sorry, I already forgot its name) when it's sold, necessary to unlock the last tech. Am I missing something?

It's possible that you can unlock it with diamonds as usually research can be completed this way. Anyway, I'm not sure, I'm not there yet, I still got some blinking to do. :D

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Oops, I might've overdone it again, this is my biggest settlement yet. :D

Chapter 19.png

Laurelin

Sorcerer
It is for our most avid players who might have sold the Fortress of Revenge beforehand. Due to this chapter's nature, the possibility of selling the Fortress of Revenge before completing the chapter is trivial but present. These players will still be able to complete the Questline. The game needs to check that the "Ultimate Power" is activated, hence the wording.
... Being still in mid-Halflings, I know virtually nothing about the mechanics of the game's final Chapters, including Ch.19 - but thinking about it, it's quite interesting that the Ch.19 Questline can be completed both by the 'traditional' route (for most players?) of methodically completing Researches roughly in order and the less-traditional (and I'll bet even more gruelling - I am at least aware of that aspect of Ch.19!) route of selling the Guest Race Portal (which I'm assuming the Fortress is?) at some point before the Chapter is otherwise completed, and the next Chapter is opened up, so those players who haven't completed some, any, or all of the previous Chapter's Quests can simply cancel them.

After all - there IS no Chapter beyond Chapter 19, at the moment... although when there is, I'm assuming that Inno won't be including any Quest which requires selling the Portal for a reward - wow, that would be, er, annoying [politeness is the thing... haha]. In fact, and since I really do know SO little about Chapters 16-17+ ... are there any 'Sell Portal' Quests in those later-game Chapters at all, or do they stop entirely by that point?

I myself am not planning to advance much beyond the vital 'All-3* Merc. Camp Troops' point in any hurry, if at all... well, unless as-yet unforeseen future game alteration(s) can make those terrifyingly vast Squad Sizes - and lengthy, Resource-demanding Researches - very worthwhile indeed...! :D

kimkimkim

Summoner
does the fortress need to be level 4 in order to receive the supreme matter when sold?

m4rt1n

Adept
Finally got through the tech of this one, followed the storyline, anyone know how many quests come asking for unusual productions after the 200 diamond one for the usual completion of a chapter?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Finally got through the tech of this one, followed the storyline, anyone know how many quests come asking for unusual productions after the 200 diamond one for the usual completion of a chapter?

Here's the quest list:

@Lissette a guide to chapter 19 revenge of the exile can be found at: https://cavalieridellozombiaco.blogspot.com/p/la-vendetta-dellesiliato-capitolo-xix.html
The page and site that the guide comes from is in Italian so you will need to translate into English.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Is the last research worth unlocking?

I kind of like looking at the portal at this moment and the research doesn't seem to offer much so I'm wondering whether it's better to wait till they release next chapter before I unlock it. I might sell the portal a bit earlier, we'll see. :cool:

Killiak

Artisan
Is the last research worth unlocking?

I kind of like looking at the portal at this moment and the research doesn't seem to offer much so I'm wondering whether it's better to wait till they release next chapter before I unlock it. I might sell the portal a bit earlier, we'll see. :cool:

Doesn't give you anything special whatsoever.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
OK, so who's going to open the book on whether or not Chapter XX will be the final Chapter - in their present form?

My bet - I'll offer up ALL the many PPs and Coin / Supply Instants I win every week without fail in the Spire - randomly, of course! - for 10K Spell Fragments. No, make that 5K. I currently have >100 of them... just after [again] reaching Gold Spire level, this week - and with 6K at Spire start.

Haha. If I didn't laugh, I'd cry... while Disenchanting another bucket-load of 5% and 10%-value PPs and Coin/Supply Instants [worth more pro rata], just to make up [fewer than] the Spell Fragments I should have won... according to the always extremely accurate stated RNG odds, that is... ;)

Alcaro

Necromancer
So this is the benefit to upgrading to lvl4? I've been wondering if it's worth the resources. Though, I can't see Inno letting us get away with not fully upgrading a portal... :/
indeed, as a portal you don't get anything special, but selling it, will give you an item (forgot its name) which is needed to unlock last tech. :)