• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Chapter 16 quests and chapter 17 seeds questions

Hekata

Artisan
1. Is there somewhere I can see a quest list for chapter 16? Sadly Gems stopped at chapter 15. I'm almost at at the end of chapter 16 and I'd like to remove some of the guest race buildings but I don't know if they will ask me for something like "have 7 beer festivals at level 4" (I'm currently stuck at a quest asking for tourney encounters). Usually, I don't bother with quests because I'd do most of a chapter with PPs only but since PPs help very little here and I had to build almost a full settlement I might as well finish the quest line.

2. I'm thinking whether I should continue to chapter 17 or stay a while at the end of this one: what worries me is the new unurium good and having to switch the trader to it. Despite having over 500k seeds when I started chapter 16, I've struggled quite a bit with it because of the huge sentient goods requirements. So how bad is it in chapter 17? Does it ask for less sentient goods? How do you get enough seeds without the trader? I usually keep a decent amount of seed buildings but I don't think their total amounts to what the trader makes. Would the Sunset Towers help? (mine are only at level 6)

I hope some kind souls have some helpful advice about this :)

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
1. Is there somewhere I can see a quest list for chapter 16? Sadly Gems stopped at chapter 15. I'm almost at at the end of chapter 16 and I'd like to remove some of the guest race buildings but I don't know if they will ask me for something like "have 7 beer festivals at level 4" (I'm currently stuck at a quest asking for tourney encounters). Usually, I don't bother with quests because I'd do most of a chapter with PPs only but since PPs help very little here and I had to build almost a full settlement I might as well finish the quest line.

2. I'm thinking whether I should continue to chapter 17 or stay a while at the end of this one: what worries me is the new unurium good and having to switch the trader to it. Despite having over 500k seeds when I started chapter 16, I've struggled quite a bit with it because of the huge sentient goods requirements. So how bad is it in chapter 17? Does it ask for less sentient goods? How do you get enough seeds without the trader? I usually keep a decent amount of seed buildings but I don't think their total amounts to what the trader makes. Would the Sunset Towers help? (mine are only at level 6)

I hope some kind souls have some helpful advice about this :)
I'm not sure which one chapter 16 exactly is. But you can find all quests from dwarves up at idavis his site. for example: https://idavis-elvenar.com/guestRaces/elvenar.html

kimkimkim

Summoner
@Hekata I can address your 2nd question from my city opinion.....I have completed chapter 20 and now I sit and wait for 21.....sentient goods is forever asked here on out so you will still need plenty of seeds.....me personally, I keep my trader at producing unurium, I do not switch it back and forth.....I ensure that most every building I have in my city gives seeds to help with the seed demand, but do bear in mind that I only have 1 of each manufactory so my cost of seeds is a lot less than most people because most people have wayyyyy more manufactories than me.....I do not have sunset towers to help in decay of seeds, I have found that if I do start to get low on seeds, I stop producing in my factories for 1 or 2 days so that I can build them back up.....

Hekata

Artisan
Thanks @kimkimkim :) I also usually have just 1 of each sentient factory that I keep sprinkled with MMs but when I want to go faster through techs or upgrades (which is almost always, lol) I boost the production quite a few times and that can result in seed problems especially if I have to switch the trader to unurium. Stopping production for a couple of days is a good trick that I used a few times but mostly while I was camping in the same chapter for a long time so sentient good would pile up and those few days without production wouldn't make a difference. Now that I'm doing techs and upgrades I seem to always be low on sentient goods.
I suppose I should start hoarding seed buildings before I hit the next chapter. I might also give the Sunset towers a chance since I already have them :)

m4rt1n

Adept
The challenge in the later chapters is to take advantage on the daily 3 hour productions of the seeds bonus and make unurium overnight, that worked for me for the most part.

Hekata

Artisan
The challenge in the later chapters is to take advantage on the daily 3 hour productions of the seeds bonus and make unurium overnight, that worked for me for the most part.
That sounds like a good strategy. Does that mean there is no collection bonus for unurium?

Hekata

Artisan
Oh and I have another question: does the Spire ask for unurium at some point? In chapter 18?

kimkimkim

Summoner
as with seeds, unurium also has a collection bonus......and no the Spire does not ask for unurium (not yet!)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
That sounds like a good strategy. Does that mean there is no collection bonus for unurium?
They both have a collection bonus, but for Seeds the bonus is much larger relative to the collected amount than for Unurium. That means for Seeds it is more efficient to collect as often as possible. That's why it makes more sense to let Unurium run over night, and Seeds during day, when you can collect every 3 hours.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
They both have a collection bonus, but for Seeds the bonus is much larger relative to the collected amount than for Unurium. That means for Seeds it is more efficient to collect as often as possible. That's why it makes more sense to let Unurium run over night, and Seeds during day, when you can collect every 3 hours.
You kind of nailed it. Bang on the head. I would do the same.