• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Chapter 16 Question

Gargon667

Mentor
Now I am in a pickle and wonder if some of you who have played chapter 16 and are able to think a bit outside the box can help me out a bit :)

With the uninteresting event in a row I am getting bored out of my mind, at the same time I can´t get myself to play chapter 16 which would actually make my town worse. So here is my idea:

I could "preplay" chapter 16: Making all the non-capped guest race goods needed for the entire chapter on a lvl 1 settlement (only needs the 4 tech after the senate) without ever taking a single tech (other than the 4).
What´s the point you ask: It doesn´t negatively effect my city (again except for the 4 techs), but once done with that I can choose at any time to play the chapter without having to bother with a guest races (other than the senate for PPing the capped goods). it should make the chapter fairly fast, the speed limiter would be getting the KP together (I can preproduce normal goods and Orcs and my Sentient production should be faster than my KP production). And if chapter 17 sucks as well, well I will never again look at another guest race, but at least I didn´t burden myself with 2 SS upgrades.

My question is, what do you think about feasibility? Or is the guest race production never the limiting factor anyway? Or anything else that comes to mind...

Errandil

Conjurer
For me the guest race production was the main limiting factor, even with the fully upgraded settlement it took much longer to produce the goods than to gather the KP. Judging from your elvenstats page you would be in the same boat if you suddenly decide to play the chapter as intended. While it's technically possible to produce enough goods for the whole chapter, we will probably get the chapter 17 sooner than you would be done with this task.

Gargon667

Mentor
I just looked at my Senate, it says I have to unlock some of those productions. I assume that means I will get them when I open the research for the 2 embassies?

Errandil

Conjurer
Nope, you'll get them when you will upgrade the senate. Same with all the other buildings this chapter, part of the production options are locked behind the upgrades. Which is especially annoying since it takes a considerable amount of time to get to the point where you get the long productions you can leave overnight.

Gargon667

Mentor
Hmm well then the idea is out the window. I wasn´t planning on upgrading the senate. But now that I look at it, it looks like I need the productions before I get the senate upgrade, maybe you are thinking about opening up the extra production slots?

Errandil

Conjurer
If I recall this correctly, you are making drafl laws in the senate, turn them into dwarven and fairy propositions in the embassies and then turn propositions into dwarven and fairy amendments in the senate. Amendments production also require tea and beer from the corresponding buildings. While you won't get the option to produce amendments till the level 2, nothing is stopping you from producing enough of goods for them and then just go with the senate only in the future.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ah I see. I guess it would be some kind of hybrid solution then. Senate only but I still would have to wait for its productions as well.

DeletedUser7526

I was thinking of stopping without doing the top row ( SS upgrades). Then stopping with senate 4.
And now, just stopping ( check at tournament overhaul news)
And many are talking of taking the stopping all the way through

Gargon667

Mentor
I did get Senate 2 so I can make all the resources :) It´s fun enough and keeps me entertained for a while longer... I am not doing any more research than this now, since every tech will get punished, I am rather certain that I will never again in my life take an elvenar research tech lol (well I haven´t decided on the SS upgrades yet). unless they make chapter 17 insanely powerful, which I kind of doubt. But if they do I will have the resources to finish the chapter as soon as I can gather 7k KP which will take a while on the nerfed tourneys anyway.

For now I am happily making lots of beer and tea (I have like a dozen or so of each of those buildings) and slowly make the other stuff in my embassies and senate, so if they give us another FA I can delete everything and after that I probably only have to rebuild the senate and embassies which is no big deal...

So definitely something I can recommend to people in the beginning of embassies chapter as a little side entertainment, it is an extra 5 techs, but I find it worth for the sake of entertainment :)