• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Chapter 16 - Embassies

Paladestar

Enchanter
Feels like there's a mistake in the research. Locking the level 3 and 4 Fairy Embassy researches behind the Meditation Circle research, but not doing the same for the level 3 and 4 Dwarven Embassy lets things get very out of sync. I've got the full Dwarven part of my settlement to level 4 now, but Fairies are going to be stuck at level 2 for another week as it takes forever to craft the 8500 Fairy Amendments that the Meditation Circle research needs! In this time I'm gonna stockpile a lot of Dwarven goods compared to Fairy goods due to the level 4 vs level 2 settlement area and my goods for the two races are gonna be very out of sync forever after.

Last edited:

Paladestar

Enchanter
This comment was made on US servers, and the reply was the research is working as designed.
Hmmm, really? :confused: It is indeed strange though, I bet they just don't want to admit that they didn't think it through properly and it's too late to 'fix' it now.

DeletedUser6357

Extremely annoying chapter in the game!
Like "Dragons and Wizards", nothing depends on the player.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Feels like there's a mistake in the research. Locking the level 3 and 4 Fairy Embassy researches behind the Meditation Circle research, but not doing the same for the level 3 and 4 Dwarven Embassy lets things get very out of sync. I've got the full Dwarven part of my settlement to level 4 now, but Fairies are going to be stuck at level 2 for another week as it takes forever to craft the 8500 Fairy Amendments that the Meditation Circle research needs! In this time I'm gonna stockpile a lot of Dwarven goods compared to Fairy goods due to the level 4 vs level 2 settlement area and my goods for the two races are gonna be very out of sync forever after.

Cant you not produce/collect dwarven goods while you wait for the fairies to catch up?:confused:

Gargon667

Mentor
Well I never said that it's a good wonder for everyone but for some who have insane levels ( and with that also a high level throne) it's a good wonder.
Because only when this wonder is good for ranking points it also becomes good for the culture. Both go hand in hand as both a based on the same concept of wonder levels.

So yes it's only good for a small percentage of players but that doesn't make it pathetic,

I think we just have to agree that we have very different definitions of what is good and what is pathetic.
And I may have misread your initial post about the Thrones being good already at low levels if you have enough other AW levels. That´s what it sounded like to me. Sorry for that.

Jaxom

Alchemist
What would happen to the embassy chapter goods if I sold the senate before the end of the chapter?
If the statutes and other things remain 'in inventory' then I could sell the senate to clear space for an event or FA.
Levels 1 and 2 of the Senate only require coins and supplies and I have plenty of instants for those.
At least for me this is cheaper than using teleports.

Paladestar

Enchanter
What would happen to the embassy chapter goods if I sold the senate before the end of the chapter?
If the statutes and other things remain 'in inventory' then I could sell the senate to clear space for an event or FA.
Levels 1 and 2 of the Senate only require coins and supplies and I have plenty of instants for those.
At least for me this is cheaper than using teleports.
You always keep any Settlement Resources that you have after you sell the 'portal' building, even the capped goods.

Pauly7

Magus
You always keep any Settlement Resources that you have after you sell the 'portal' building, even the capped goods.
Yes we all still might be sat on various supplies of copper and granite from the Dwarven chapter in the inventory. You only know once it runs out.

m4rt1n

Adept
Finally unlocked all the settlement buildings to max, now just a very patient run through the remaining research of the chapter.

DeletedUser2280

The game is getting stale and repetitive now. This chapter offers nothing new or different gameplay wise, and I am in no doubt that gameplay chapter wise is now a case of grinding through the chapter.
The research tree for this chapter says it all. Use massive amounts of everything and get nothing much new.
I can't be bothered even trying to plan ahead in this chapter, cuz i know there is a fellowship adventure soon and i will sell all the chapter buildings to play the fellowship adventure cuz our fellowship enjoy that a lot.
Then i will rebuild this chapter and grind away again until i get it done, or another fellowship adventure comes along.
Grind Grind Grind.
Dev's need to get their heads together and breathe new life into the game. It is starting to smell stale now.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well, Elvenar is a grinding type of game... like an RPG, gotta fight or do the same quests over, and over, and over, and over, but its us, annoying minds that in the end, like it. Otherwise, we would be burning out our PS4s, and at least mine is getting dusted. Even my wife is telling me to play hahaha, but I am happy just with Elvenar for now :p

Extremely annoying chapter in the game!
Like "Dragons and Wizards", nothing depends on the player.

Yeah, and my massive settlement still fits tight for these guys... but soon will get those hobbits already :)

Susie49

Soothsayer
Too late for you Paladestar but if anyone else has the same problem I suggest putting extra tea-producing facilities in the space you’ve reserved for meditation circles. That has speeded things up in my settlement and helped reduce the imbalance caused by the dwarves getting over enthusiastic with their productions. I got enough fairy stuff to free up the meditation circle yesterday so I deleted the extra tea producers and I am now moving forward again :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Elvenar is a grinding type of game... like an RPG, gotta fight or do the same quests over, and over, and over, and over, but its us, annoying minds that in the end, like it.
@AstralSoul I'm not sure to whom you are referring as "us", but I can assure you that there is at least one player here who doesn't "like it" at all - nor yet do I consider myself to possess an "annoying mind" (whether or not that may actually be the case...!). I could also launch into a lengthy argument as to why Elvenar cannot be even remotely compared to what most people consider to be a 'classic' (i.e. live-action) RPG - but I won't... :D

m4rt1n

Adept
I got an extra storyline quest compared to the list on elven gems, between quest 78 and 79... possibly.

I have 3 research left and wondered if any more quests come after the "Unlock the Refined Elvenar Style Main Hall" not mentioned on elven gems and the "donate 200kp to another players wonder" as I have all the goods required to complete the chapter so could delete the settlement, however I don't want to get stuck with another unexpected storyline quest.

Does anyone know please.

Deleted User - 1759805

I have 3 research left and wondered if any more quests come after the "Unlock the Refined Elvenar Style Main Hall" not mentioned on elven gems and the "donate 200kp to another players wonder" as I have all the goods required to complete the chapter so could delete the settlement, however I don't want to get stuck with another unexpected storyline quest.
Invest 200KP is the last quest.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
@AstralSoul I'm not sure to whom you are referring as "us", but I can assure you that there is at least one player here who doesn't "like it" at all - nor yet do I consider myself to possess an "annoying mind" (whether or not that may actually be the case...!). I could also launch into a lengthy argument as to why Elvenar cannot be even remotely compared to what most people consider to be a 'classic' (i.e. live-action) RPG - but I won't... :D

Is not an RPG game, of course, Elvenar is an empire-building game, with its touch of grinding.