• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Changing boosted goods for diamonds

Krasna Vesna

Dreamer
My idea is that every player should have one oportunity to change boosted good for diamonds. I have scrolls as boosted T2 in all three cities :)

Just wanted to write down this idea in "ideas" section

Gargon667

Mentor
The day Inno implements this will be the last day, they ever earn a dollar from selling diamonds ;) So I would say the likelyhood of that happening is pretty close to zero...

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Unless they implemented a ludicrous trade of 1 million scrolls for 1 diamond;)
and judging by Inno's infamous trade rates that would be about fair..:D

Julian

Sorcerer
Yay, I'd get 13 diamonds! (and I've even deleted my scrolls factories)

Krasna Vesna

Dreamer
I meant: to change boosted good permanently. For example you have T2 boosted scrolls but want to have as boosted T2 silk. Because to have as boosted good scrolls in all three cities, is very unfair. I would like to change it even for diamonds :)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Well if thats the case, thats highly improbable because your boosts are determined by the map. You would be better off starting a new city and hope you dont get scrolls. And if you wanted to pay diamonds to be able to move your city, all boosted goods could possibly be changed as determined by the map. Then you would have to build all new t1 t2 t3 buildings.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Well if thats the case, thats highly improbable because your boosts are determined by the map. You would be better off starting a new city and hope you dont get scrolls. And if you wanted to pay diamonds to be able to move your city, all boosted goods could possibly be changed as determined by the map. Then you would have to build all new t1 t2 t3 buildings.

Absolutely correct @Thagdal :). More than improbable even.

An interesting thought from @Krasna Vesna. But it's not happening ... in this dimension anyway :cool:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We should add that it is indeed impossible to change any players Boosted Goods in the game as @Thagdal has confirmed these are determined by which ones are around your space on the World Map. Your Boosted Good types are at positions 12, 4 and 8 and are one of the reasons it can take time to make World Map player movements, as you need an identical Goods position to move to.
Therefore the request to pay to change them, would not be at all workable due to this.

Gargon667

Mentor
We should add that it is indeed impossible to change any players Boosted Goods in the game as @Thagdal has confirmed these are determined by which ones are around your space on the World Map. Your Boosted Good types are at positions 12, 4 and 8 and are one of the reasons it can take time to make World Map player movements, as you need an identical Goods position to move to.
Therefore the request to pay to change them, would not be at all workable due to this.

Well you could move the town to a different spot on the map with different provinces around it and thus change the boosts as well if you wanted to ;)

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The game is designed so that players have an even spread of Boosted Goods, to create an even balance. This is done at the point of the account creation and why this never then changes at all in the game to keep this fundamental balance.

Gargon667

Mentor
The game is designed so that players have an even spread of Boosted Goods, to create an even balance. This is done at the point of the account creation and why this never then changes at all in the game to keep this fundamental balance.

That is of course both true and useful, but not an argument against moving one town from one location to a different one. It will change this persons boost and makes their old spot available for a new town. It only moves their boosts to another town that joins next. So the relative number of boosts in the world always stays the same.

SkyRider99

Mentor

A good principle. But does this take into account the skewed effect of the many cities/players who are inactive, and do not therefore contribute to the balance of different goods in the Trader? And the impact of buildings such as the Moonstone Library have been discussed in various forums. Did someone lose sight of the 'fundamental balance'?