• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Changes to Tournament System

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This new system has been on beta now for 2 weeks but still no announcement for live worlds. Are they having second thoughts or just forgot to inform us?
There are issues with the medal list, so maybe they delayed it to fix it, I would hope they would fix it first.

I would really hate it if my fellowship gets the wrong values because of a bug thats known of beta, but pushed to live anyway, especially since it's a vanity feature and it might ruin your vanity score.

Hekata

Artisan
There are issues with the medal list, so maybe they delayed it to fix it, I would hope they would fix it first.
The 2 things are not directly related to each other so they could release the new tournament type (=new relics system) and then add the trophies in another update. They have done that before when some of their "improvements" worked on beta and some didn't.
I would really hate it if my fellowship gets the wrong values because of a bug thats known of beta, but pushed to live anyway, especially since it's a vanity feature and it might ruin your vanity score.
Good thing I don't really care about bragging rights and vanity, it makes a lot of the recent changes to the game easier to ignore :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The 2 things are not directly related to each other so they could release the new tournament type (=new relics system) and then add the trophies in another update. They have done that before when some of their "improvements" worked on beta and some didn't.

Good thing I don't really care about bragging rights and vanity, it makes a lot of the recent changes to the game easier to ignore :)
Depends on how these are integrated internally, if those 2 are update or code wise linked together it might not be possible to implement 1 part and not the other

Hekata

Artisan
Depends on how these are integrated internally, if those 2 are update or code wise linked together it might not be possible to implement 1 part and not the other
Looks like we're getting the whole package after all. We'll just have to wait and see if the trophy part has been fixed or not.

Sir Derf

Adept
Relic rotation in provinces confirmed.

Started to think they were really pushing the KP forward by a lot when I thought the first round first province was giving 30 KP... was 30 tourney points, not 30 KP...

Either I don't understand what the "changing of costs of enchantment" thing was, or it hasn't kicked in yet

Hekata

Artisan
Either I don't understand what the "changing of costs of enchantment" thing was, or it hasn't kicked in yet
They've changed the relics you need to make some spells. Now MM spell relics and CC relics don't overlap.

Sir Derf

Adept
I produce almost exclusively CC. I was hoping that the relic use would rotate for same productions. Oh well.

Pauly7

Magus
The MA sole purpose is to make cc's, 24/7/365.25. No single library owner would tell you different.
Depends on the situation. I have one city with quite a few Spire Libraries where MM spells are still in short supply. There I mostly craft MMs in the MA.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
The MA sole purpose is to make cc's, 24/7/365.25. No single library owner would tell you different.

For some maybe. Not for me in chapter 15. I need to make MMs at least some of the time, so I'm not unhappy with the recipe change. (I have 2 libraries, for the record)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It's a shame we still have no use for any of the standard bonus relics.
I wish we god some recipes for those as well.

All the other changes are kinda mood to me.

rock stream

Scholar
Pauly7 if you are producing MMs in the MA does that mean you are getting the CC's from your library collection? I'm just saying the over lap in relics doesn't matter because single library players only use the MA to make cc's so they can craft especially during events.

Pauly7

Magus
@Pauly7 if you are producing MMs in the MA does that mean you are getting the CC's from your library collection?
Right now I have 6 libraries and 2 Pilgrim's Manors in my Beta city, so that keeps me going. MMs, I can't get enough of those though.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Was it just me or did the the first nine provinces appear to be fairer to fight this week?
It also seemed that the subsequent provinces were more expensive to cater.
I could be just confused with all the 'wondrous' changes that have been implemented :rolleyes: