• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Changes to Spire Rewards

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I agree that casual players want those things, what I am saying is casual players won´t get those things from this system. Only highly active players have a a chance (no guarantee for them either) to get enough artifacts. Unless of course people are happy with a lvl 3 moonbear or whatever. But people that are happy with that will be just as happy with anything else. They can just craft the egg in the MA and place that in their town, it is probably better looking than a cracked lvl 3 egg.

off course casuals do get them from the spire, and they need those casuals to entice them in the spire.
And best off all they use diamonds where we die hards freeload in the spire. we gain diamonds, they loose diamonds.

The casuals are the cash cows in this matter

Gargon667

Mentor
off course casuals do get them from the spire, and they need those casuals to entice them in the spire.
And best off all they use diamonds where we die hards freeload in the spire. we gain diamonds, they loose diamonds.

The casuals are the cash cows in this matter

Maybe, but I don´t think you´ll make lots of casuals suddenly finish the spire 6 weeks in a row, and even if they do they´re still not guaranteed a lot of artifacts, so more likely you end up with a lot of pissed-off people that maybe did spend a bunch of diamonds, and most likely complain about not getting anything for it.
But I suppose it must still generate some diamond sales as you suggest, otherwise I see no explanation for this. I guess diamond sales+grumpy customers is better than having neither :)

OldHag

Necromancer
@Gargon667 I agree with you, a bit of imagination on the part of 'whatever team comes up with new ideas, ha!' wouldn't go amiss. Seeing the same ole, same ole, is indeed boring, but it's not just the spire, look at the daily rewards in this current winter event, it's the same 'grrrr' rewards as last year.
I'd love to see some new fresh buildings, sets of buildings (remember those) rather then this constant 'grrrrr' of evolving buildings and their artefacts. They're 'grrrr' everywhere now.
I'm thinking that Innos staff turnover is so high, that the next guy in, barely has time to figure out the last guys work before he/she moves on.
I'm going to click post on this before I read it back, if it needs editing, I'll let a mod do that. ;)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Maybe, but I don´t think you´ll make lots of casuals suddenly finish the spire 6 weeks in a row, and even if they do they´re still not guaranteed a lot of artifacts, so more likely you end up with a lot of pissed-off people that maybe did spend a bunch of diamonds, and most likely complain about not getting anything for it.
But I suppose it must still generate some diamond sales as you suggest, otherwise I see no explanation for this. I guess diamond sales+grumpy customers is better than having neither :)
A spire has 3 levels, but it's not a holy ground you must reach, and money aint just earned on that 3rd level.
Sometimes you must switch of your own gameplaying mind to see the bigger picture.

@Gargon667 I agree with you, a bit of imagination on the part of 'whatever team comes up with new ideas, ha!' wouldn't go amiss. Seeing the same ole, same ole, is indeed boring, but it's not just the spire, look at the daily rewards in this current winter event, it's the same 'grrrr' rewards as last year.
I'd love to see some new fresh buildings, sets of buildings (remember those) rather then this constant 'grrrrr' of evolving buildings and their artefacts. They're 'grrrr' everywhere now.
I'm thinking that Innos staff turnover is so high, that the next guy in, barely has time to figure out the last guys work before he/she moves on.
I'm going to click post on this before I read it back, if it needs editing, I'll let a mod do that. ;)
A set building and an evolving building are essentialy the same thing.
But an evolving building has 1 less drawback.

You can evolve sideways becoming bigger and bigger (old style set buildings)
Or you can makes sets upward not needing more space (evolving buildings)

When we has set buildings people immidiately complained they took way to much space and it was impossible to place them due to space contraints. they are also a pain in the a** when you need to move them as it breaks there production and you need to constantly click away warning pupups.

Sets are fun in increments of 1 or 2. but evolving buildings are much better for those that collect event buildings.
Off course daily event buildings are kinda boring when you are at the end of the game and there all the same.
But powercreep has it's limits also, you cannot keep the game interesting if you constantly powercreep at some point you end up with a 1x1 building that gives you 1m culture. which is so far out of whack with the non event buildings that it no longer makes sense.

But the power creep is there for those that are not end gamers. these people do 1 chapter after the other and each chapter new event buildings become more powerfull. so the power creep is clearly there when you are still playing the game and then events are fun because you can constantly improve your event buildings with new and better ones.

The all are the same issue, is just for those that have done it all, seen it all, got it all.
We are no longer playing the main game, just the side games.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
A spire has 3 levels, but it's not a holy ground you must reach, and money aint just earned on that 3rd level.
Sometimes you must switch of your own gameplaying mind to see the bigger picture.

It is if you intend to fully evolve an evolving building using the artifacts handed out by the spire.

I don´t disagree with you at all. All I am saying is the artifacts are pointless for casual players, simply because they don´t get any. You HAVE to finish 6 weeks in a row if you want the artifacts, and even then you´re not guaranteed to get them.
I fully agree that there are many people wasting their money on not getting artifacts (but hopefully something else useful), so from an economic point of view it should work well enough, but I doubt it is the best possible outcome. Anyway none of my business :D