• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Changes to Spire Rewards - BETA

Jackluyt

Shaman
**This announcement was made by Marindor in the Beta Forum**

New Rewards for the Spire of Eternity

Dear Humans and Elves,
On February 21, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.

Changes
  • Phoenix Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Stonehenge Artifacts will be phased in instead
  • The Stonehenge building will be added as a craftable building
  • The Moonstone Library set is also back as a craftable building
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
Does not sound like fun, are we now getting flooded with Stonehenge artifacts??? I understand that Phoenix and bear artifacts are useful for new players to catch up with older towns, and therefore it is acceptable to flood older towns with potentially useless artifacts. But Stonehenge artifacts? what´s the point of that? Who is supposed to benefit from those? New towns won´t care much and old towns will be annoyed...

Instead we have to craft the Moonstone set? And add me to the list behind @BlueBlou can we craft more than 1?

I wish Inno would explain sometimes why they do things, not just state what they do, but actually explain what they thought before they do it...

Far Reach

Conjurer
Interesting to note that Stonehenge [originally from the 2019 Summer Solstice Event] was the next Evolving Building to become available after the (Fire/Storm/Aureate) Phoenix . If the order continues then the Stonehenge artifacts will be followed by those for the Mermaid's Paradise [2019 Summer Mermaids Event] and then Brown/Polar/Panda Bears [2019 Autumn Zodiac].

Deleted User - 341074

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Hey Jack this is why they almost took away your ability to post links. It needs to be a little more clear that you don't actually work for Elvenar, and that signature is a little misleading even as part of a quote.
Perhaps you should either put it in quotes ""
Or as a

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Changes
  • Phoenix Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Stonehenge Artifacts will be phased in instead
  • The Stonehenge building will be added as a craftable building
  • The Moonstone Library set is also back as a craftable building

I'm puzzled that artifacts of a mediocre building made it into the Spire.
I'm even more puzzled that a set that admittedly became a problem will be available in crafting.

I dislike both changes and hope they won't make it to the live worlds.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Great!!! Just what I was waiting for Stonehenge Artifacts!!! wow... Much less space for booster fighting buildings to craft in the MA, so nice InnoGames, you do really appreciate your old players and the players that play your game for the tournament. Terrific election, you´re genies...

Last edited by a moderator:

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@DunkelSaturn Can I take it that you are not impressed by the opportunity to get a new Stonehenge?

Pauly7

Magus
I'm puzzled that artifacts of a mediocre building made it into the Spire.
I'm even more puzzled that a set that admittedly became a problem will be available in crafting.

I dislike both changes and hope they won't make it to the live worlds.
It looks like they are going to be releasing every evolving building one by one into the spire. This doesn't make it better. I think it's a horrible idea. As @Gargon667 says, it makes sense for them to do it with 2019 Phoenixes. They are powerful enough that everyone needs to have them, plus also there was a choice of three so most people did not evolve all three the first time. There would also be a good case for doing the bears, for a similar reason. Releasing all these other artefacts as spire rewards is just depressing for any player who was here the first time. Even for the newer players it's not that exciting because they're not amazing buildings to obtain like the Phoenixes.

As far as we understand it, the Spire Library pieces will only be made available to craft if you don't already have at least one of a given piece either in your city or your inventory.

DeletedUser6472

If I remember correctly, Inno said that we would get 6 weeks of Phoenix artifacts and then the new Spire set to replace the Moonstone Library set. I would understand it, if that new set is not ready yet, but in that case, we would appreciate 6 weeks run of Bear artifacts and then another 6 weeks of Phoenix artifacts, since so many players hardly managed to get enough of them to evolve anything. As many other players pointed it out here, why would you introduce artifacts for such a mediocre evolving building as Stonehenge (mind you, it's the best of the rest of them IMHO)? I think that Spire should give out some exciting rewards. I know that bear and phoenix artifacts are not that exciting either for us "old" players, but at least as AM of a FS, where a few players still don't have a fire bird and a brown bear fully evolved, I would welcome the opportunity for them to get more chances at that. And why on Earth would you introduce Moonstone Library set into crafting? Don't we have enough of rubbish there already? This means that as soon as ch 18 arrives, our MA will have those 5 buildings in rotation, no thanks.

Gargon667

Mentor
It looks like they are going to be releasing every evolving building one by one into the spire. This doesn't make it better. I think it's a horrible idea. As @Gargon667 says, it makes sense for them to do it with 2019 Phoenixes. They are powerful enough that everyone needs to have them, plus also there was a choice of three so most people did not evolve all three the first time. There would also be a good case for doing the bears, for a similar reason. Releasing all these other artefacts as spire rewards is just depressing for any player who was here the first time. Even for the newer players it's not that exciting because they're not amazing buildings to obtain like the Phoenixes.

As far as we understand it, the Spire Library pieces will only be made available to craft if you don't already have at least one of a given piece either in your city or your inventory.

Agreed, basically it means the individual spire rewards are trashed. Instead of a very powerful set, that is useful in multiples you can now gain an OK evolving building in the best case or plain junk if you already have it. Since i personally play in a gold medal FS I play the spire for the team rewards and having more junk artifacts in the individual rewards will not hurt me, it will even entertain me by giving a lot of occasions to make jokes about Inno.... But anyone who is not receiving gold medals will have quite worse rewards than before I think. And those are the people complaining about the spire already, i would prepare for more negative comments about the spire in the future...

Gargon667

Mentor
If I remember correctly, Inno said that we would get 6 weeks of Phoenix artifacts and then the new Spire set to replace the Moonstone Library set. I would understand it, if that new set is not ready yet, but in that case, we would appreciate 6 weeks run of Bear artifacts and then another 6 weeks of Phoenix artifacts, since so many players hardly managed to get enough of them to evolve anything. As many other players pointed it out here, why would you introduce artifacts for such a mediocre evolving building as Stonehenge (mind you, it's the best of the rest of them IMHO)? I think that Spire should give out some exciting rewards. I know that bear and phoenix artifacts are not that exciting either for us "old" players, but at least as AM of a FS, where a few players still don't have a fire bird and a brown bear fully evolved, I would welcome the opportunity for them to get more chances at that. And why on Earth would you introduce Moonstone Library set into crafting? Don't we have enough of rubbish there already? This means that as soon as ch 18 arrives, our MA will have those 5 buildings in rotation, no thanks.

I don´t agree on your assessment of the spire library, but I am rather certain you won´t see it in your MA anyway, supposedly it´s only available once, like the chess set, so if you have it in your inventory, which everybody should have by now, it won´t ever show up...

DeletedUser6472

I am rather certain you won´t see it in your MA anyway, supposedly it´s only available once, like the chess set, so if you have it in your inventory, which everybody should have by now, it won´t ever show up...
Thanks, good to hear it, I'll have to remember not to disenchant them all then :).

Deleted User - 341074

If I remember correctly, Inno said that we would get 6 weeks of Phoenix artifacts and then the new Spire set to replace the Moonstone Library set.
I don't recall them ever saying any such thing. iirc what they did say was:

"We'll try phoenix artifacts for 6 weeks and see how it goes" + "We recognize there is an issue with the Moonstone set and are working on solutions"

I don't believe those two were ever combined, and at no time was a promise of a new set made.
As for a timeline on any fix for the Moonstone set, giving us that would be way out of character for inno.

My concern remains that with the bandage of removing multiple sets from the Spire they have actually made things worse yet will think that they fixed the issue.
  • Before, dedicated players who completed a lot of the spire had the opportunity for multiple sets which messed up the trader.
  • Now, although new players cannot get multiple sets, even the most casual of players is basically guaranteed a full set.
That combined with doing nothing about the cities that have existing multiple sets will not result in bringing balance back to the markets, and will probably make it even worse.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I'm sorry, am I not understanding these comments correctly? Why the hate on the Stonehenge? Sure, in early game a pretty mediocre building, but later game and I'm excited to have another mana/seed producing building. Isn't that the strategy: to evolve the buildings that were helpful to us and ignore the ones that are not? Sure, so we get to stockpile artifacts from spire that we're not using... but we were doing that anyway over that past few years since they first introduced to the game.
I like the idea of going back systematically through the old evolving buildings and being able to get artifacts. Some of the buildings were not worth it then, but now they are... simply because we've all leveled up a few chapters.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

I do not think it's a horrible idea, I am pretty sure most people play the spire for all it has to offer, not just the moonstone set.
I am fine with the moonstone set going into the academy tho that creates other "minor" issues, but issues none the less.

There are a lot of players who are new to the game, and how many times do we have seen the complaint if I can't get the artefacts so why offer the base? in fact this is why those bases got removed from the academy.

This change is great for new players, and good for innogames.
Innogames gets an easy way to recycle a lot of material they already invested money in. so it's cheap. and new players get a vast array of new possibilities and enticements for them to play the spire.
They see a base in the academy, figure out the need artefacts and then end up in the spire.
These "useless" buildings might be useless for us. the veteran players who have seen and got it all in the past and have seen better, but we have to look broader outside of own personal horizon. and for that this seems to be a good move non vetaran players havent seen it all and havent got it all. this is there entry to it.

For us vetarans in outr veteran world there is plenty other stuff left in the spire to enjoy. we are already there. we don't need an artefact to lure us there and we will keep playing it anyway since those artefacts are not our main goal and reason we play it anyway.