• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Change to end-of-chapter cycling quests

DeletedUser9303

I would like to suggest a change to the end-of-chapter cycling quests, which can be declined to cycle through indefinitely, until a new chapter is started. This is somewhat frustrating to keep cycling through to get the optimum quest for current completion. For example, from my city - at the end of chapter 2 there are quests for collecting supplies, constructing buildings, or gaining goods. Having to change between those quests depending on what activity is being undertaken feels like a clunky mechanic, especially compared to some other features of the game. It can be interesting to choose which quest to work on next, based on picking the best rewards, but it quickly pales in comparison to having to click the "decline" button many times before finding the best quest.

I suggest that the change that has been made to the Fellowship Adventure quests could be made to these cycling quests as well, such that progress could be made on any quest that is on the list, without needing to keep declining the other quests. This has made the FA much simpler to manage, and would make the quest cycling a whole lot easier as well!

This would mean that once the player enters into this cycle of quests (which I think happens at the end of each chapter) then the quest display would change to show all the quests, and their progress, at once. There are (from elvengems) up to 23 different quests in this list, which is not significantly more than were available in the FA, so it feels like it should be possible from a game mechanic point of view. Once the player moves on from these cycling quests into the quests for the next chapter, the quest display would change back to the regular view, with one quest shown at a time.

I understand that the intention behind these quests might be to keep declining them one at a time, to make the progression on them more difficult to reduce the availability of rewards, but it should be possible to re-balance the rewards if the quests are going to be "easier" to complete when they are all available at the same time.

There was a similar suggestion on the Beta forum in late 2016 (https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/quest-overhaul.6670/) but it only appears to have taken effect on the FA questing.