• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

change boosted tier 1 to any tier 1 for events

• Thread starter DeletedUser4149
  • Start date

DeletedUser4149

it's obvious to me that there is a huge difference in the difficulty of event quests between cities that need 2x2s for boosted tier 1 productions and those that need just 2x1s or 1x2s. i have one city that needs the larger tier1s and one city that needs the smaller tier1s. not only do 2x1s take up half as much room but they are easier to place in otherwise unused plots of land. the city that uses the smaller factories has about 3 times as many factories to use for quests like this.

a simple fix would be to let everyone use any tier 1 instead of their boosted ones only.

the changes to events will make the difference in difficulty more unfair than in the past.

now we can potentially win an unlimited amount of grand prizes since we'll have an unlimited amount of quests we can do. i think that's great:)but now the difference between those w/ 2x1s boosted and 2x2s boosted will be much larger because of the unlimited amount of grand prizes available. this didn't make as big of a difference before because most of the very active players would usually complete their whole quest list anyways. now this difference could mean steel makers can only win 6 or 7 artifacts and marble makers can win 9 w/ the same amount of planning and space to use.

DeletedUser5976

Although I have the 1x2 in my city, I think for fairness of the game this is really important. People shouldn't feel like they're being punished over something they have no control over whatsoever.

Julian

Sorcerer
And the advantage is more than double. If you have a space 3 squares long, you can fit 1 steel factory in, but 3 of another. Inno created this problem, and it's been mentioned on here several times. What's their response, moderators?

DeletedUser8632

What's their response, moderators?

None. Zero. Zilch. This problem remains completely unacknowledged by Inno. They simply don't seem to care. If you go far enough back you will find dozens of threads and hundreds of messages regarding exactly this issue.

DeletedUser3097

it's obvious to me that there is a huge difference in the difficulty of event quests between cities that need 2x2s for boosted tier 1 productions and those that need just 2x1s or 1x2s. i have one city that needs the larger tier1s and one city that needs the smaller tier1s. not only do 2x1s take up half as much room but they are easier to place in otherwise unused plots of land. the city that uses the smaller factories has about 3 times as many factories to use for quests like this.

a simple fix would be to let everyone use any tier 1 instead of their boosted ones only.

the changes to events will make the difference in difficulty more unfair than in the past.

now we can potentially win an unlimited amount of grand prizes since we'll have an unlimited amount of quests we can do. i think that's great:)but now the difference between those w/ 2x1s boosted and 2x2s boosted will be much larger because of the unlimited amount of grand prizes available. this didn't make as big of a difference before because most of the very active players would usually complete their whole quest list anyways. now this difference could mean steel makers can only win 6 or 7 artifacts and marble makers can win 9 w/ the same amount of planning and space to use.
Thank you for raising this concern. It has been passed on already but if you haven't done so already, please mention it on the official feedback thread for the current event so it can be forwarded as part of the Summer Mermaids official feedback.

DeletedUser8632

Thank you for raising this concern. It has been passed on already but if you haven't done so already, please mention it on the official feedback thread for the current event so it can be forwarded as part of the Summer Mermaids official feedback.

With all due respect and in all friendship: For players, this can only be perceived as utter mockery. I know it is not meant as such by @Dizzy Lizzie but - again, with all respect - lets have a look at the history of this issue:
  • For 4 years this has been a reoccurring gripe. For 4 years this issue has been posted in General/Feedback/Suggestions. There are literally hundreds of post concerning the disadvantage some players face doing event quests. This.Is.Not.New.
  • Every event, EVERY Event, this is the one issue that pops up within 24 hours. More often than not it is 1) Announce event 2) Feedback that "Province quests" are again problem 3) Feedback that boosted goods quests are still an issue.
  • Inno and the community managers specifically ask for feedback and without fail the prevalent feedback is: "Why boosted goods. Again." - So far, this has been completely ignored. Over and over again.
  • This feedback is ALREADY in the official feedback thread. As it was in every other official feedback thread in previous events. Zero impact.
On top of this, the new quest format has managed to not only not address the issue but to escalate it gorgeously.

All in all I am reasonably willing to invest time and money into a game I enjoy. But I'm sick and tired of being a second-class player based on my boosted goods.

@Dizzy Lizzie, I just checked the "official Summer Mermaids feedback thread". The feedback about unfairly disadvantaging players with 2x2 boosted goods factories is LITERALLY IN THE FIRST RESPONSE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5287

Very frustrating for steel players and so easy to solve by having us produce 1 of each type instead of just boosted tech.

DeletedUser4149

Very frustrating for steel players and so easy to solve by having us produce 1 of each type instead of just boosted tech.
that's another solution that works, sort of. it's still not perfectly fair for humans that'll need 2 2x2s and 1 1x2 instead of an elf that needs 1 2x2 and 2 2sq buildings but it's much closer to fair than the current event quests.

DeletedUser7950

Just a little example of my situation, I’m steel boosted and have an elven city. Right now I have 78 (seventy eight) steel manus aside my original 6. Yet I find my self waiting for 9h productions a lot, because I’ve reserved 25 manus just for 2 days, 21 for 1 days and 9h productions always come as double team, and tend to come more often than others. On the other hand I’m very lucky because I was just changed chapter and had plenty of space from previous guest race. I couldn’t image how it would be if I was in the middle of a chapter and my city was full of guest race buildings. Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining about my situation as I said I was caught up on a very very good time. Couldn’t be better for me.

As a side note ; new event system completely disrupted the balance. Some people are struggling hard to get 9th artifact for the event building and others (including myself) are working on to have 3rd level 10 event building (not because I need but because I can) . This is unfair for the small cities or players with little extra space and completely devastating for the players with small cities and little extra space plus 2x2 boosted manus. Believe it or not but it is quite possible to get 1000kp just from chest rolls, this is almost 8x 10chest tourney reward. I used to cheer on previous events if I could get my evolving building to level 10, now I’m meaninglessly hoarding, KPs and time boosters. There is something wrong.

My apologies for the second paragraph as I’ve sidetracked a bit. But for me this topic was about an important balance issue and new event system is so problematic that throws the balance off completely.

Thank you for reading.

DeletedUser4149

new event system completely disrupted the balance. Some people are struggling hard to get 9th artifact for the event building and others (including myself) are working on to have 3rd level 10 event building (not because I need but because I can) . This is unfair for the small cities or players with little extra space and completely devastating for the players with small cities and little extra space plus 2x2 boosted manus
consider that an incentive to grow into a large city. of course those that have been playing longer and have progressed their cities farther are going to have advantages over newer cities. i had disadvantages when my city was younger too.

we have no control over which goods are boosted unless we were to realize that this was a disadvantage when we 1st started and kept on creating new cities until we got boosts we wanted. that wouldn't be good to not have any steel makers if everyone did that.

Pauly7

Magus
that's another solution that works, sort of. it's still not perfectly fair for humans that'll need 2 2x2s and 1 1x2 instead of an elf that needs 1 2x2 and 2 2sq buildings but it's much closer to fair than the current event quests.
Yep, a good solution, but it has that problem. As others have said it would be easy to make it similar to crafting challenge requirements and just say "any x hour T1 production".
As a side note ; new event system completely disrupted the balance. Some people are struggling hard to get 9th artifact for the event building and others (including myself) are working on to have 3rd level 10 event building (not because I need but because I can) . This is unfair for the small cities or players with little extra space and completely devastating for the players with small cities and little extra space plus 2x2 boosted manus. Believe it or not but it is quite possible to get 1000kp just from chest rolls, this is almost 8x 10chest tourney reward. I used to cheer on previous events if I could get my evolving building to level 10, now I’m meaninglessly hoarding, KPs and time boosters. There is something wrong.
That's a good point. I would put that in the event feedback thread. (p.s. it's lucky that the prize is so underwhelming)

Julian

Sorcerer
Another factor in addition to the size difference between elf steel and, say, marble is the population requirement: 36 for a lv 1 steel, 20 for marble. With 42 level 1 steel factories on the go, it works out that I'm having to support an extra population of 672 than I would if I were boosted in marble. As I'm waiting to upgrade my residences, I'm having to accommodate this excess with five level 2 residences. So, that's even more space used up.

DeletedUser4149

Another factor in addition to the size difference between elf steel and, say, marble is the population requirement: 36 for a lv 1 steel, 20 for marble. With 42 level 1 steel factories on the go, it works out that I'm having to support an extra population of 672 than I would if I were boosted in marble. As I'm waiting to upgrade my residences, I'm having to accommodate this excess with five level 2 residences. So, that's even more space used up.
great point. my human plank maker had to sell a few small armories that i was using and my elven plank maker didn't.