• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question ch17 - direct or indirect?

UlyssesBlue

Dreamer
I'm at the start of the Traders of Unur chapter and I'm just trying to plan out my city. The description for some of the guest race buildings says that they need to be connected "directly or indirectly" to the corresponding flag ship. What does it mean by indirect? Does it mean it just has to be touching another guest race building, which in turn is (eventually) linked up to the relevant flag ship? Or does the linkage have to be only via ships of the same type, e.g. small pirate ship touching other pirate ships that are touching the pirate flag ship?

Or to put it another way, which of the following setups have a valid connection for the small pirate ship (smallest building, marked by arrow)?
1. connected only via other pirate ships
2. connected via other non-pirate ships
3. connected via portal

m4rt1n

Adept
They have to connect to buildings of the same type, set up 1 is the only one that works I believe.

Flag ships to the Trading Center then:

Pirates to pirates, gourmet to gourmet and collector to collector.

kimkimkim

Summoner
even though I have my layout similar to #1, you can check my city out here https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/2e99c9e9b77845768005032bbb20fb55/ I do believe the small and large ships can be touching any of the other buildings as long as the flagships are touching the portal........i can try to confirm that by testing it in my city, just need to find some space :confused:

edit - just tested, setup 1 is the way to go, they need to be touching their counterparts

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
Trading Center > Flagship > Big ship > Small Ship (same type, like all gourmet or all pirate or all collector)
or
Trading Center > Flagship > Small ship > Small ship (same type, like all gourmet or all pirate or all collector) <<< this is the "indirect connected" to the Flagship

You don't need the Big ships. Small ships are more efficient but time consuming since they have only short time production.

Melianora

Alchemist
That's the most sound description on how it works :oops:
Trading Center > Flagship > Big ship > Small Ship (same type, like all gourmet or all pirate or all collector)
or
Trading Center > Flagship > Small ship > Small ship (same type, like all gourmet or all pirate or all collector) <<< this is the "indirect connected" to the Flagship

You don't need the Big ships. Small ships are more efficient but time consuming since they have only short time production.

Many, many, many, many small ships. I gutted my city to half the map and placed 20 ships of each small ship and then went literally crazy doing 15 minute productions whenever I could. I sold the big ships as soon as possible and had the small ships connected to the flag ship.
The flag ships can help getting more of the goods to speed things a bit along with time boosts.

Alcaro

Necromancer
@Melianora - and if you want to increase the efficiency (and have loads of teleport spells), focus on one tech at once, fill the place whit that particular small ships keeping from the other 2 types just few, enough to supply the goods for the 1st type of ships, then switch to the next type and then the 3rd type. At least that's what I did. I also used a SS to keep track of what I need and not waste resources on unnecessary production (ty Lomithral for the SS!)