• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ch XIII Amuni Building Layout Tip

Ruprecht

Adventurer
The Goldsmith and Trap Maker buildings need to be connected to a Residence and Workshop respectively. It makes planning your layout a lot easier to know that the Residences and Workshops do not need to be connected to a road to make the guest buildings function. Build level 1 buildings next to a road then move them where needed. If you try to build away from a road the building won't complete and your builders stop working. You also get a quest instructing you to fix the missing road connection, which can be declined. Pic of one of my cities shows a valid and operational layout.

amuni.jpg

Pauly7

Magus
I've heard it suggested, though I haven't ever built anything other than a portal for chapter 13 and 14.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I did the same :D
I didn't want to dismantle the whole city just to build the settlement as Inno intended. It's my city and as much as possible, I play the way I want it, not the way others think I should.

Gargon667

Mentor
Same here, PP spells all the way :) It´s just one of the perfect chapters for those... 13 and 14 I think are my fav chapters for PP spells :D Although there are others where the entire settlement (except the portal of course) can be skipped.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I never could deduce what Egyptian Amunis had to do with elves, dwarfs, and orcs. But maybe there is an association for human-based players. I'm glad that chapter is long gone :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
is the chapter I disliked the most. I really didn't like that we had to change the whole layout of the city. That's why I opted to use inactive residences lvl.1 and WS lvl.1.

Gargon667

Mentor
Not much in terms of useful techs in that chapter either, but at least the barracks/merc Camp upgrades made it better than Elementals. And also Elementals has this silly slow start when you have to put up 20 canals for a few weeks and you also need to build at least a lvl 1 settlement to upgrade your portal...

So my least fav is certainly chapter 12 lol. Well out of the chapters that are still worth playing that is. I consider anything beyond chapter 15 as non-chapter lol.

Amuni with PP spells is a breeze and I finished it in less than 3 weeks :) It was done before I noticed it started lol. Same with chapter 14 btw! After that one has to start to put in an effort in chapter 15 though.

Lady Croft

Adventurer
I love the Egyptian-style buildings, myself :)
Just entering this chapter on my Beta city, and this time I'm going slower through it, to concentrate KP into AWs. That said, I have 6 AWs queuing for upgrade as I lack SFs, and things to disenchant to get them. Going slowly, as Inno now intend for us ;)

Last edited: