• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Celebrate small achievements

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I think this game could do a better job of celebrating small successes. A good example was recently posted here, about celebrating reaching the top of the Spire.

As we progress in Elvenar, the game becomes more and more a grind - and I'm here for that! However, I often find myself being a bit disappointed that certain achievements that I consider personal milestones are not acknowledged, let alone celebrated, by the game at all! Some examples:
  1. I have reached the top of the spire every week for at least two years now (at least I'm pretty sure of it) - I would really like to see a celebration of that streak!
  2. I was always really proud when I achieved a new personal best score in the tournament - but nothing happened! The only way I can go back and check is via Elven Stats, and sometimes that misses a week, so my records might not even be found there!
  3. The last few FAs I invested a lot to push my FS high in the rankings. The team ranking definitely shows that, but it would still be nice for the game to recognize personal contributions (e.g. track how many badges I have contributed).
  4. I give NH to all my fellows and my entire neighourhood religiously every day - it would be great if the game kept track of Neighbourly Help Streaks (number of days two fellows give each other gold hands in a row). This one I think could even have some actual benefit, like a tiny bit of extra resources the longer the streak goes.
I'm sure there's more things people are proud of, but aren't celebrated. In my imagination, players would have a profile page where you can see all their achievements. There could be tiers (like bronze, silver and gold), and the profile could show the total number of achievements in each category.

To be clear - with the exception of the neighourly help streaks, I don't think any of these achievements should come with any reward - this is just for showing off ;)

As an aside, this could also be a good measure when applying to a fellowship - the archmage could check your profile to see how active you really are.

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
+1
I like the idea of tracking personal records/streaks.
I would definitely like a spire streak bonus. Every 10 consecutive weeks that you reach the top, the following week has no portal profit in the chests :D

Alcaro

Necromancer
+1
I like the whole idea, but I like mostly this:
In my imagination, players would have a profile page where you can see all their achievements. There could be tiers (like bronze, silver and gold), and the profile could show the total number of achievements in each category.

and thiiiiiiiis:
As an aside, this could also be a good measure when applying to a fellowship - the archmage could check your profile to see how active you really are.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I just thought of another cool thing - perfect fights. Everyone I manage a fight without any losses, I’m a bit proud of myself. The next level could be fighting an entire province without losses.

Jake65

Sage
I just thought of another cool thing - perfect fights. Everyone I manage a fight without any losses, I’m a bit proud of myself. The next level could be fighting an entire province without losses.
It wouldn't surprise me if the reward was a vitality surge instant :D

SkyRider99

Mentor
+1
I like the idea of tracking personal records/streaks.
I would definitely like a spire streak bonus. Every 10 consecutive weeks that you reach the top, the following week has no portal profit in the chests :D
But then they would give us Coin Rains instead. Or a 5 KP lolly badge for our AW. :p