• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cauldron - BETA

Alcaro

Necromancer
here you have all spells.
Or here you can see most of them, I could attach only 10 files but did 9, to look like in the cauldron. 10 more in next comment
Cauldron _Spell1_Coins.jpgCauldron _Spell2_Tools.jpgCauldron _Spell3_Baracks strenght.jpg

Cauldron _Spell4_Basic standard goods.jpgCauldron _Spell5_Refined standard goods.jpgCauldron _Spell6_Precious standard goods.jpg

Cauldron _Spell7_Training grounds strenght.jpgCauldron _Spell8_Settlement resources.jpgCauldron _Spell9_Orc production.jpg

Jake65

Sage
I wonder if there might be a positive spin-off with lower scoring fellows pushing an extra province/rounds in the tournament to gain an additional goblet.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Since > "you obtain a new Trophy Goblet each time your Tournament Points total reaches a certain threshold: 200, 600, 1200, and 2000 Tournament Points", if they understand the utility of the Goblet/ spells, they will try to get at least 2000 points each week ... IMO.

Edited to add > this time I was very impatient and started to use ingredients quite chaotic :D :D, didn't even bother to look what they are and if they have (yes, apparently they do!) stronger effects to some spells and weaker to other. If in the meanwhile nobody comes with this info,next week I will try to take screen shots of them.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Well, there is one thing one can say about FA enthusiasts, they know how to use resources. Can’t quite see what is going on in the pictures, so hopefully the cauldron will be hungry for other items.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
This feature can surely make fighting/catering so much easier. People are already upgrading their effect to 10% health for one troop production building in the first week. Not sure about goods production effects yet but if it's that good just in one week it can make real difference over couple of months even when it's getting more expensive to upgrade it.
Ok, there’s RNG involved but it seems more than 50% chance based on what I read so that's not too bad. I suppose the benefit is so good that they can’t give it to us every week without making the game boring.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
This feature can surely make fighting/catering so much easier. People are already upgrading their effect to 10% health for one troop production building in the first week. Not sure about goods production effects yet but if it's that good just in one week it can make real difference over couple of months even when it's getting more expensive to upgrade it.
Ok, there’s RNG involved but it seems more than 50% chance based on what I read so that's not too bad. I suppose the benefit is so good that they can’t give it to us every week without making the game boring.
I like the attack stats better.
Health is always welcome with the associated RNG, but it might be “cheaper” in diamonds (flipping ma) to get an “extra” uuu. 25% boost for 5 days duration.

Attack : as only elr and mmm are craftable. No other frequently renewable alternates for other troops.
Health : craftable alternates.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
My opinion on this is so afflicted by acute disappointment that I shall refrain from posting it here... or debating this here, ever (NEW! Forum Sig refers, there...) - although one of my epic essays on this has been posted in the relevant Beta discussion, if anyone cares! I'm just hoping it'll get better... I never learn, do I?! :D

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
And almost all of us unanimously want to use the goblets when we want to, so we might. If 100% of the user base wants something, good chance the service provider provides them that…

The way I understand it and I might be completely wrong is that we can use the potion whenever we want to up to Friday, we just need to drink it right up and choose the effect that we want out of the number of "sips" (tries) we have that are based on number of goblets. If they let us have "sips" whenever we want then we'll effectively get 5 potions that means 5 bonuses per week. As much as it sounds great, I don't think they'll do that because it will make the game too easy and therefore boring. I think it's the challenge that keeps us entertained or at least for me.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
The way I understand it and I might be completely wrong is that we can use the potion whenever we want to up to Friday, we just need to drink it right up and choose the effect that we want out of the number of "sips" (tries) we have that are based on number of goblets. If they let us have "sips" whenever we want then we'll effectively get 5 potions that means 5 bonuses per week. As much as it sounds great, I don't think they'll do that because it will make the game too easy and therefore boring. I think it's the challenge that keeps us entertained or at least for me.
Oh yes. 1 brewing per week. 1 potion only per week. That 1 potion can trigger different effects in accordance with %s listed, fixed by combination of ingredients chosen.

You already get a maximum of 5 effects per week, fewer if a couple of goblets produce same effect. (Can have 5 different effects active at same time, more buffer provided… but currently limited by goblets. Sometime in future, probably with something like spectral stone / sip / simply upgrading cauldron with diamonds can allow more)

And most of us (+beta people) ask, since we anyway get maximum 5 effects per week, why should it be simultaneous. And activated immediately after brewing…

Many of those small cities in beta, brew something, go eat their next meal / do something, login and find the effect already exhausted. And since it caters to everyone after chapter 5 (chapter5 cities won’t have as many upgrade points as big cities), activating an effect when needed (attempts limited by goblets won) especially as the active effect is RNG triggered, is very welcome.

challenges indeed make the game. I don’t see it as challenges removed. I see it as new challenges presented.

Say, doing chapter 17 in 20 weeks(5 months) is a current challenge. With a few seed/unurium spells you might finish it a week earlier. So finishing it in 19 weeks is the newer challenge/possibility. (Don’t think it can turn every game dynamic upside down as it’s still a RNG dependent and you still get a majority of “not so directly useful” spells)

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Just my presumption : i think the goblets were actually designed to be used individually. Doesn’t make sense of introducing 5 goblets, otherwise. Hopefully it’s just a programming error forcing simultaneous usage in beta. After all, Error identification is the purpose of beta servers and users to provide appropriate feedback.

Until released to live servers, things are not fixed and subject to change. (Just like quest ordering in events etc)

I might be wrong, but I guess I will stay with that presumption.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Just my presumption : i think the goblets were actually designed to be used individually. Doesn’t make sense of introducing 5 goblets, otherwise. Hopefully it’s just a programming error forcing simultaneous usage in beta. After all, Error identification is the purpose of beta servers and users to provide appropriate feedback.

My theory so far is that goblets were designed to give us multiple chances to get the effects we want as there's RNG involved and we might not get what we want on the first try. So goblets give more chances and they are another incentive to play tournaments.

And of course 100% of player base want more effects, more diamonds, more troops etc, it doesn't mean that we will get it because once we get exactly what we want then the game is over, nothing more to strive for. It's in everyone's interest to keep us working on getting what we want so we keep playing. The challenge for developers is to keep the balance between giving us too much and too little. When they give us too much, we stop playing because there's nothing to work on, when they give us too little, we stop playing because it's not worth the effort and there's not enough satisfaction when we actually get something.

And yes, things can change. I've noticed that sometimes when there's too much complaining, they do gives us what we want to shut us up but in the same time take something else away to put challenge back in to keep us playing for as long as possible.

OldHag

Necromancer
Well a Cauldron is right up an oldhags path, I've been dreaming of this....bwuahaha. I can't wait to try it out.
Thanks @JollyElf and @ @Alcaro for all the useful information, much appreciated.
Until this goes live you'll find me at 'The Pits Bottom'.

Last edited:

JollyElf

Soothsayer
My theory so far is that goblets were designed to give us multiple chances to get the effects we want as there's RNG involved and we might not get what we want on the first try. So goblets give more chances and they are another incentive to play tournaments.

And of course 100% of player base want more effects, more diamonds, more troops etc, it doesn't mean that we will get it because once we get exactly what we want then the game is over, nothing more to strive for. It's in everyone's interest to keep us working on getting what we want so we keep playing. The challenge for developers is to keep the balance between giving us too much and too little. When they give us too much, we stop playing because there's nothing to work on, when they give us too little, we stop playing because it's not worth the effort and there's not enough satisfaction when we actually get something.

And yes, things can change. I've noticed that sometimes when there's too much complaining, they do gives us what we want to shut us up but in the same time take something else away to put challenge back in to keep us playing for as long as possible.
Do it. Don’t do it, the math people always do find a few things out.
Post in thread 'The Cauldron'
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-cauldron.18155/post-110809

I just play along with what is presented. I’m just providing feedback about what changes I like to see. And The benefits aren’t really game changing (the overall dynamics are highly limited by other factors). A few hours of higher goods production (or unurium) is helpful but doesn’t really change much. (the unurium is not the only gated factor in chapter 18, per se. And it’s time limited effect and can’t trigger it every week 2-3 times)

And yes. Nobody likes nerfs. But they are doing it to the entire servers. Only justification is, it’s universal…