• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cauldron - BETA

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Looks interesting.

(Sharing as it’s official elvenar channel)

Would be nice to figure out the mechanics of it. Optimal ingredient use etc.,

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
According to the announcement on Beta, there are 16 different types of ingredients, and you can put up 25 ingredients into each potion - the number of recipies here is pretty huge!

Jake65

Sage
I see there's a coin tax increase.
That will be useful in FA week.
Looking forward to it coming to our worlds, I think it will be a nice addition to the game.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
And the cauldron feature indeed offers incentives to teching up. More witch skill thingies, to play with.

I’m more interested in the military potions.
They do offer a dumb witch - possibility of failed brewing. And attach a tricky thing called probability.
Fingers crossed

OldHag

Necromancer
Does that come with it's own tab in the MA?

Alcaro

Necromancer
If I read it correctly, you can come up with a good recipe but there's still a 1/10 chance of getting the effect you're after?
yes, apparently is this way. I don't quite understand everything, I also have more questions than I have answers.

Atm I'm not quite thrilled about it, especially that I emptied my stocks of Standard goods, trying to improve some spells (?) but I remember I used to hate the Spire and now that I understand it (OK, it's a not big philosophy to understand the Spire, I know :D), I love it. I hope, in time, once I will understand how the Cauldron exactly works, I will also like it and use it on regular basis.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
yes, it does.
Some more details here
Thanks a lot Alcaro. Nice addition.
1. I believe the potion upgrades are permanent? And can they be reset like the FA perks, (say) once a month for free ? Returning all resources back.
2. Potion perks are always welcome but would be very useful if one particular something can be triggered certainly(or near certainly) by choice, (say battle perks just before starting 0 cool down tournaments, goods during FA etc.,)
3. The very last diploma, is barracks health ? Hopefully they plan to make barracks troops near par with merc camp troops in the next chapters (21,22 ?) would be nice if they even out the differences between elf and human city in the last/future chapters - with higher range for elf mage, hm and golems.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Based on what I've read on Beta forum so far, I like it. There's a lot to it so that will keep me busy analysing so great. I was just hoping that I'll be able to use excess relics somewhere, maybe next new feature. Or they could let us disenchant them.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Thanks a lot Alcaro. Nice addition.
1. I believe the potion upgrades are permanent? And can they be reset like the FA perks, (say) once a month for free ? Returning all resources back.
2. Potion perks are always welcome but would be very useful if one particular something can be triggered certainly(or near certainly) by choice, (say battle perks just before starting 0 cool down tournaments, goods during FA etc.,)
3. The very last diploma, is barracks health ? Hopefully they plan to make barracks troops near par with merc camp troops in the next chapters (21,22 ?) would be nice if they even out the differences between elf and human city in the last/future chapters - with higher range for elf mage, hm and golems.
You are welcome :)

1. I hope that are permanent because it costed me an leg and an arm just to improve 2 spells. Returning resources back it would be impossible, because if you used coins and tools, you simply don't have enough capacity to get them all back and I do not think they would bother to differentiate the resources.
2. Totally agree and if this isn't changed, at least we know now to brew the potion when we need it. Do not forget though that the duration is increased by "Improved Effect". If you look at my screen shot, the duration of this particular spell is 23h already. Probably at lvl.100 will be 24h or above.
Cauldron_3.jpg

3. One can only hope, right? :D

JollyElf

Soothsayer
duration of this particular spell is 23h
That’s cool. So if we drink 2nd goblet can it activate another effect in accordance to the %s attributed to the brewed potion? Or just adds to duration of active potion? (Given we can brew only 1 potion each week)

And if study screen can only be obtained after a brewing, probably use 1 of not needed ingredient to unsuccessfully brew something intentionally, go to study screen, improve your potions and come back and brew something good ? (As the study effects are only visible on next brewing? )

JollyElf

Soothsayer
The very last diploma, is barracks health ?
It’s general mayhem and general health. Not specific to barracks. And hence last diploma (as it’s more valuable in last chapter)

PS : valuable everywhere else too… Not ready to debate :)

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Overall I’d be happy if we have a chance to trigger an effect when we want it.

Say, 20% chance of a battle effect from the potion, and drinking 5 goblets before a 0 cool down tournament + spire (and over-lapping boosters, almost all end chapter default), statistically I should get the battle effect on 1 of those goblets.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
and not so essential feedback : would be great if they tie diplomas to first tech of each chapter and not fully researched chapters.

The end chapter / very busy guys like to keep a couple of techs ready for “complete research events quests”. More so, if the alternate quest is a more depressing one :D