• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Catering instead of fighting

Jake65

Sage
Random question after seeing @kimkimkim comment on another thread....

Does anyone cater exclusively to reach the top of the spire AND get, say, 6000 tournament points AND manage to progress with research at a pace determined by the availability of settlement goods?
If so, can you do it sustainably every week?

I know that I can't so I'm curious what the cities are like that can pull this off.

Edit to add.... I know that can't by only catering.......

Sir Derf

Adept
I don't, AND I don't, AND I don't.
And I don't.

Now pondering what a ballpark number for Catering through the Spire would be...

Taking a few notes for myself...

Chapter 18 Spire...

3 options
1st Floor, Stage 1
380k Coins, 38k Supplies, 7.6k Mana, 1.1k Seeds, 820 T6

4 options
1st Floor, Stage 1 Boss
1st Floor, Stage 2-4
760k Coins, 76k Supplies, 2k Orcs, 9.4k T1, 7.2k T2, 4.7k T3, 2.1k T4, 1.9k T5, 1.6k T6

5 options
1st Floor, Stage 2-3 Boss
2nd Floor, Stage 1-4
1.1M Coins, 110k Supplies, 2.9k Orcs, 23k Mana, 3.2k Seeds, 14k T1, 11k T2, 7.1k T3, 3.2k T4, 2.9k T5, 2.5k T6

6 options
1st Floor, Stage 4 Boss
2nd Floor, Stage 1-2 Boss
1.5M Coins, 150k Supplies, 3.9k Orcs, 4.3k Seeds, 19k T1, 14k T2, 9.4k T3, 4.3k T4, 3.8k T5, 3.3k T6

7 options
2nd Floor, Stage 4 Boss
1.9M Coins, 190k Supplies, 18k T2, 12k T3, 5.3k T4, 4.8k t5, 4.1k T6

Last edited:

kimkimkim

Summoner
I don't, AND I don't, AND I don't.
And I don't.

Now pondering what a ballpark number for Catering through the Spire would be...

Taking a few notes for myself...

Chapter 18 Spire...

1st Floor, Stage 3, 4 options; 750k Coins, 75k Supplies, 15k Mana, 9.4k T1, 7.2k T2, 1.9 T5, 1.6k T6
1st Floor, Stage 3 boss, 5 options; 1.1M Coins, 110k Supplies, 7k T3, 3.2k T4, 2.5k T6
and of course let's consider if you don't guess correctly on the first try, these figures could double or triple

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Random question after seeing @kimkimkim comment on another thread....

Does anyone cater exclusively to reach the top of the spire AND get, say, 6000 tournament points AND manage to progress with research at a pace determined by the availability of settlement goods?
If so, can you do it sustainably every week?

I know that I can't so I'm curious what the cities are like that can pull this off.

Edit to add.... I know that can't by only catering.......
I think I know a few doing 6k so that is still within realm of possible. I know someone that got to Woodelves doing 8k in tourney and full Spire with cater only setup, but she left the game before Sentients and other decaying goods. I'm not sure 8k weekly is as sustainable juggling so much rotting stuff.

Giraffi

Enchanter
Bring it down to 2000 tourney points and I think it might be possible, although the more you advance, the more you will likely do a mix of catering and fighting.

m4rt1n

Adept
My personal opinion is once you reach sentient goods fighting saves so many goods, that said even once orcs are required, so many non fighters give up once they need a few fully upgraded armories. Only my opinion though.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
I know people who fight only a little, most easier fights, mostly negotiate, and still do pretty good scores. What you need for it is much more tools, coins, and orcs besides goods compared to fighting city. Fighting is cheaper for sure, the only thing - you need some skills for it. Still, 6k score doesn't need even many skills, just some main ones.