• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Carnival

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I liked the events where some set pieces were daily prizes. This time it wasn't possible to have multiple set buildings of the same type.

I won't complain however, since I got the full set, wishing well, 14 floats and a good amount of instants.

For me, the quests were easily doable with the space I had between chapters.

I enjoyed this event and I'm looking forward to the next one :)

DeletedUser

Anybody know, if you place an elven float can you then sell it and if so what do you get?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Anybody know, if you place an elven float can you then sell it and if so what do you get?
It is same as with any other event building. Placing it gives you benefits described in the building details. Selling it removes those benefits and gives you back nothing. (It cost nothing to place it, there’s nothing to gain back.)

Deleted User - 341074

@TomColBadil @Sir Derf
On the account that I thought was screwed.: Had 504 candies on last day to get 36 flags
aside from hitting 75 free thrice I hit a 200 almost back to back, and I actually ended up 7 flags over:eek: ( think I hit a 100 or 150 after crossing the finish too-wasn't really paying attention at that point.

So naturally I'm pleased with the result, but coming so so close to failure means that I'm sure other players missed the mark, and I still say the old system of being able to choose your fate was superior.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Final results of my two cities. Same chest opening strategy in both:
- The W city ended up with full set plus two more buildings after that (another Wishing Well and Ferris Wheel). It would be fair to point out that I would end up with one flag missing till the Wheel, however I remembered the 100 candies email, claimed it and finished the flags.
- The F city barely reached the final set building, I claimed it only several hours before the end of the event. Not one flag more! It took all sequential quests, all daily quests and many many candies collected around the city.

Overall, objectively, I should be satisfied with this event. In terms of prices I am (my goal were Portal Profits, the set was a nice bonus). However, there is a bitter aftertaste. It was too much luck-based. For my liking.

OldHag

Necromancer
I needed 2 more flags to get the 2nd ferris wheel with 10 mins to go until the event ended and I had 47 candies...nail biting.
My chest options were a 48 chest, a 23 chest and a 25 chest. I opted for the one flag 23 chest and crossed my fingers....now I've got 24 candies and still need one more flag to get the ferris wheel....my luck was in, my final chests included a 24 candy option .....happy days!
So I ended up with the full set, the wishing well and the 2nd ferris wheel plus 13 daily specials.

I still prefer the 'double days' option and being able to choose which rewards to go for. But overall not a bad event.

Deleted User - 384643

Without buying that extra candy building, I easily got the whole set and the Wishing Well and Ferris Wheel after that.
Probably because I often went for chests where I could win 200, 150 or 100 candies, and because I had a decent amount of luck. ;)
Anyhow, I liked this event. It got me a huge amount of time instants and also a nice bit of KP instants, as well as some nice buildings.
The only thing I didn't like is that with almost each chest there was a high probability (35-40%) to "win" a Coin Rain or (slightly less worse) a Supply Windfall instant. It would be nice if with the next event there wouldn't be such a big chance to win those (for me) mostly useless instants. Maybe put them in less chests?

Timneh

Artisan
I think the coin rain instants will be good for players in lower chapters when you never seem to have enough coins but i nearly always have more than enough coins now( near the end of elementals) so i also find those instants to be of no use although thay can always be disenchanted.

Pauly7

Magus
Strangely in recent times, especially as the cost of KP increases, it is coin rains that I have found myself short of. If I have too many then they frustrate me, but if I'm not holding at least 30 of them (like now) then I feel like that may not last me until the next event in three months. They usually become important when there is an expansion to pay for, or a bunch of KP to buy, or even sometimes just to start scouting a province without having to wait for the Main Hall to fill back up.