• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Carnival

cwgiii

Shaman
Be sure to check out various sites for the best layout to achieve maximum link bonuses. Ex:
https://elvengems.com/carnival/set-buildings/

" For this set, it is very easy this time to achieve maximum link bonuses on each building, since some buildings only offer 2 or 3 link bonuses, even though there are 5 in the set."

This is also the case for the Snowy Owl set and others from the past.

OldHag

Necromancer
hi Timneh - I'll be sending in a ticket but wanted to ask if anyone else had spotted the discrepancy.

I normally collect by moving mouse across full set, which is how I spotted the discrepancy. Should have collected 32849 gems (total from set) but only got 20+k so this morning I clicked each building to check the bonus' paid and noticed none of the gems bonus' were paid and neither was the supply bonus on the banquet tent.

@cgwiii - both of my sets (only have those 2) are set up correctly, all bonus' highlighted to show correctly connected.

Deleted User - 341074

@OldHag Were you just looking at floating numbers, or start and end inventory? It may be just a display error if you only checked floating numbers. Also, did you refresh and double check?

OldHag

Necromancer
I did another test today, collecting from each building individually and refreshing after each collection.

Starting goods before collection

coins = 4178765
supplies = 369219
Gems = 418039
Elixir = 353843
Magic dust = 465003

Banquet bonus ' = 34800 supplies + 11600 supplies + 1 broken shard + 1 kp

supplies after collection and a refresh = 398219

should be 415619 = 17400 supplies short

Festive fireworks bonus' = 297000 coins + 49500 coins + 82500 coins

coins after collection and a refresh = 4409765

should be 4607765 = 198000 coins short

Revelers fountain bonus' = 10800 Gems + 1200 Gems + 1800 Gems + 2400 Gems + 3000 Gems

Gems after collection and a refresh = 428839 Gems

Should be 437239 = 8400 short

Marching Band bonus' = 5130 Gems + 1282 Gems + 2137 Gems

Gems after collection and a refresh = 433968

should be 437388 = 3420 Gems short

Jesters Tavern = 3400 Elixir + 3400 Magic Dust + 5100 Gems + 1kp

After collection and refresh

Elixir = 357243
Magic Dust = 468403
Gems = 439068

The only building from the set that is paying out all the bonus' is the Jesters Tavern.

17400 supplies - 198000 coins - 11820 Gems - missing on the bonus' each day
That's a lot missing for a 9*6 set

Time to contact support, I guess.

OldHag

Necromancer
I clearly didn't understand how these sets works, I thought you got the production plus the bonus' but apparently that' not how they work....so other then display issues all is working fine and dandy.
Thanks Rillian for the swift reply and explanation.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I clearly didn't understand how these sets works, I thought you got the production plus the bonus' but apparently that' not how they work....so other then display issues all is working fine and dandy.
Thanks Rillian for the swift reply and explanation.
What? :eek: That doesn’t make any sense. Can you post screenshot of one of the problematic buildings where the link bonuses are shown? The only thing that comes to mind is wrongly connected set, however that woulnd’t explain why your Tavern works correctly.

If you look at the screenshot of my Frost Carved Christmas Tree which I’m attaching here (sorry, I don’t have the Carnival set placed yet, so I must use other set), you’ll see that it has three out of four link bonuses activated. (The fourth bonus is inactive and pictured in faded colors.) When I collect, I get sum of all that mana and 1 KP. (I’ve just checked that moments ago.)
9E1992DA-D56C-4542-94A3-ABAC29C9E8DF.jpeg

Deleted User - 106219

The problem is, on PC the set bonus is presented in an outright confusing manner (a fact that has been brought up by some players on Beta).

Here's how it looks on PC:
ElvenarSetPC1.png
It says the production is 67050, so some players think that they will get that amount PLUS the amount from the set bonus (in other words 67050+ 7450+11175+14900+18625). But that is wrong.

ElvenarSetPC2.png
As you can see from the second screenshot 67050 is the TOTAL amount of Mana received - base production + ALL 4 Set binuses. This is what confuses players, as some do not realize that the set bonus is already included in the Production amount.

Your screenshot shows that on mobile the set bonus is NOT included in the production amount. That's a major difference between PC and mobile.

OldHag

Necromancer
@shadowblack - Exactly that.
I disconnected my Revellers fountain then checked my marching band building as both have Gems bonus' and saw that the total production had reduced by the amount of the disconnected revellers fountain.
You're right about it being confusing also, but I get it now. Hope this helps others that may be confused by this.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Oh, all these differences between browser and mobile. o_O I had no idea browser players see this differently. Even though I understand why this happens during development, I pray for more work on parity between the two versions.

*exhales in relieve* that the sets are not broken as they are significant source of various resources.;)

EDIT: honestly neither of these two display methods is clearly better than the other. In the app it irritates me that I have to manually sum up the numbers, if I want to know the total amount!

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
I have never bothered with set buildings in the past but i managed to get all 5 in the carnival event. I have a question about them if someone could be good enough to help me out please. Do the set buildings need to be placed in a certain order to maximise the boosts they give ? or can they be placed any old way as long as one is connected to a road and they all touch ? Thanks.

cwgiii

Shaman
Be sure to check out various sites for the best layout to achieve maximum link bonuses. Ex:
https://elvengems.com/carnival/set-buildings/

Note: in most cases, it is not physically possible to max out all of the structures in every set. Arrangements are key. The boosts on any particular structure depend on how many other set structures are directly touching the first structure (not on how many set structures are grouped together with the set).

Pauly7

Magus
or can they be placed any old way as long as one is connected to a road and they all touch ? Thanks
This will be like the blind leading the blind because I've never built a set either (not one that touches other parts of the set!), but my understanding is that it isn't necessarily good enough for them to all be touching the 'pack' so to speak, but it is about how many different buildings of the set that each is in contact with.

Timneh

Artisan
Thank you for your answers guys. I think i understand it now. If a building has 2 boosts it needs to touch 2 other set buildings, if it has 3 boosts then it needs to touch 3 other set buildings, from the same set of course. Now i just need to find a 9 x 6 space to put them lol.

DeletedUser7802

it's deen from Indonesia, I dont have access to buy diamonds, and I'm leaving 1 flag for the jester tavern. I need 15 candies now but no more option for getting those except candy rain,such a pity to let the last set-building go.... please please please make it rain!!! 15 within 5 hours! :D my city : DeenDeen from arendyll

DeletedUser7309

I’m well pleased at getting 4 of the set and quite a few other new buildings. I’ve waited til now to rearrange my city and start placing them. The graphics of all the Elvenar buildings is lovely, and the attention to detail with the animations is so cool... therefore I am exceedingly gutted about goat rock: the animals DONT MOVE !!!!!
please please pleeeeeease sort this out

DeletedUser3053

I managed to complete all of the tasks with time to spare, but finished 16 flags short of the full set. Shouldn't we have been able to collect them all if we completed the tasks? I won a load of extra candies on the way so I expected to finish the set. So will we be able to craft the missing building? I enjoyed the challenge, but I am disappointed that it wasn't possible to complete without luck.

kimkimkim

Summoner
it all depends on which chests you were going for, did they give you bonus candies in them, did you gather all the candies around your city all day long and of course luck of the spins....and the likelihood of crafting the pieces people missed out on, unlikely, but INNO could surprise us one day....

m4rt1n

Adept
So without a purchase of the 200% rise of the event extra drop building or any other purchase I managed from this event the full set and the wishing well. I came within 4 flags of the extra ferris wheel, by opening the chests throughout that offered the best odds of free candies. :)