• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Carnival

FieryArien

Necromancer
Let's just focus on one of your data points - The biggest difference (18 vs. 9) between your Daily Prize takes. (...)
I’m actually used to very different Daily Prize wins in my two cities. It’s luck based after all. I think it was the difference of 22 flags that initially triggered my complaint. Same starting amount, same strategy (it doesn’t actually matter if it was optimal strategy or not - it matters that it was consistent).

What would you have preferred? (...)
To give a short answer: three chests version. Meaning being at the mercy of one RNG god, not two nested RNG gods.

Sir Derf

Adept
Started with 3050 candies, but W got 178 flags, F got 156, a difference of 22 flags between the two.

For a return of 17.1 (W) vs. 19.6 (F).

You said you got more bonus candies in W, but it didn't feel that much. I think this might be where most of the answer lies.

A single 200 candy bonus can allow you to open almost 3 extra 71 chests for almost 9 extra flags directly, or 10 extra 20 candy chests for 10 extra flags, not counting the possible compounding effects of getting more bonus candies from opening anywhere from 3 to 10 additional chests. 22 flags difference could easily represent a difference of 400 or so bonus candies, whether through getting more chests with bonuses, or through getting the same number or even fewer chests with bonuses, but those chests gave better bonuses.

From my own experience, after the second day where I opened chests, I collected just enough pickups to open one more chest that day. That one chest gave bonus candies, and with those candies I was able to open several more chests (with one more bonus candy). The end result, I got 10 flags total that started from opening a single initial chest.

Like the guy in the white suit on the bench said his momma said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. If you don't read the box's labeling and you reach in blindly like a RNG, you never know what you're gonna get."

davemc

Bard
I do not normally comment on here I just read and listen to the banter. But I used to run a bingo hall and it seems like a bunch of customers saying he or she has won all the time it is fixed. It is a total random payout . Some people are born lucky some are not . A lot I have won in this event has been supplies & coin instants which I can use when needed for crating . But hey ho its a game. I don't mean to upset anyone but I look at the forum to learn more about the game. Enjoy everyone

DeletedUser7309

My winter market set (at least the christmas trees) will be staying for quite a while and will be the first target of my RR spells.
The only reason i want to replace it is cos both sets deliver loads of gems. I’ve already got rid of my gems manufactory and I’m still producing more than my boosted goods.
Does everyone get gems from these or are they tailored to people’s boosted goods??

Sir Derf

Adept
I believe that they are T3+1, meaning find your Tier 3 boost, and then go to the next good in Tier 3. My last three sets, and the Craftable Chess set, give mostly Elixir for me. A whole lot of Elixir.

DeletedUser5976

The trees are now producing your T3+1, but once upgraded to Woodelves they will start producing mana. Of course if you are far from Woodelves upgrading them will take too many RR spells. I got them in Orcs knowing Woodelves was around the corner so I need to upgrade them just once.

DeletedUser5093

Today's haul is too amazing not to share, so please excuse this little boast: at a cost of my entire stash of candies (several thousand) I have picked up 17 mana huts, and the rest of the carnival set. Once all placed this will produce a total of 70k mana per day, which is the same as 15.6 willows, but taking up around a third of the space. (I'm in Woodelves chapter.)

The carnival set alone produces 32,550 mana with all set bonuses, which is equivalent to 25.12 mana per tile per hour. By comparison the mana huts are 22.92m/#/hr, and willows are a pitiful 7.47m/#/hr. As far as I can tell, only the snow owls set is better (27.27m/#/hr if you have just the stable and factory). I cannot overstate just how amazing the carnival set is for mana. <3 I deleted 2 of my willows just to make room. I only have 4 willows now, which should be plenty. XD This is a big change from yesterday, where mana took forever to accumulate and I was really struggling with it.

And for the record, I haven't spent any diamonds to get extra candies or similar, although I have completed all available quests. This rather excellent haul is just from good strategy and luck.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Hmm, now that I have (unexpectedly) the whole set, I looked closely at the stats and I’m not so sure about my plan to disenchant these buildings. :rolleyes: UlyssesBlue above me is right, the mana it provides is pretty sweet! I’m not sure if I place the whole set, but I’ll definitely find some cozy corner for the two mana buildings together with the small Fireworks to activate more mana link bonuses.

Deleted User - 341074

@FieryArien
I get what you mean about "too random"
On W I'm guaranteed the set, and on K my only hope is hitting some free candies in the last handful of cheats.
My only goal for the event was getting the set, and I used the same chest selection in both cities, so I'll be fairly annoyed if I don't get it.

Closing in on 3 years of playing this game, this will be the first event that Ill be disappointed in the prizes I got if I dont get the set. I actually much prefer the old OLD way where getting the final grand prize was simply impossible without diamonds so you went for something else.
Now if I fail to get the set I'll be annoyed at myself too for selecting the best flag chest instead of anything else.

Of course I prefer the double day method where you can choose over both.

Sir Derf

Adept
@Viskyar

Base Scenario

You go the store to buy some apples. You have $20. Apples sell for $1 each. You buy 20 apples. $20 for 20 apples, average cost $1/apple.

Variant 1

You go the store to buy some apples. You have $21. Apples sell for $1 each. You buy 20 apples. You have $1 left. $21 - $1 = $20 for 20 apples, average cost $1/apple.

Variant 2

You go the store to buy some apples. You have $20. Apples are on sale, $0.80 each. You buy 25 apples. $20 for 25 apples, average cost $0.75/apple.

Variant 3

You go the store to buy some apples. You have $21. Apples are on sale, $0.80 each. You buy 25 apples. You have $1 left. $21 - $1 = $20 for 25 apples, average cost $0.75/apple.

Variant 4

You go the store to buy some apples. You have $21. Apples sell for $1 each, but with an in-store instant rebate of $0.20 per apple. You buy 20 apples, using $20 and have $1 left, and get a rebate slip for $4. You go to the courtesy counter, hand in your rebate slip, and get $4 back. You get back in line and buy 5 more apples, using $5 and get a rebate slip for $1. You go back to the courtesy counter, hand in your rebate slip, and get $1 back. $21 - $1 = $20 for 25 apples, average cost $0.75/apple.

It doesn't matter the internal mechanics of the transactions. From your point of view, your average is always

(start amount - end amount) / quantity received.

Deleted User - 341074

I wish you, but you are a danger to the world economy - you get a zero price through endless purchases. And even returning the money spent on buying.
I can't say I understand what this post means... maybe It's lost in translation?
Anyways here's another way of explaining it to you:

If an apple costs $20 but you get $1 back every time you buy one, your average cost is $19, right?
Ok, so how about instead of getting $1 back you got a 10% chance of $10 back?
Well, 10% of $10 is $1, so statistically your average cost will be $19 on average per apple.

That's how the chests work too.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
No chance at buildings on live Server
the 2nd last quest for crystal was only 40 candies compared to 99
and with a daily 35 candies i will not make it

Attachments

• one quest to.JPG
    one quest to.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 107

Sir Derf

Adept
No chance at buildings on live Server
the 2nd last quest for crystal was only 40 candies compared to 99
and with a daily 35 candies i will not make it
I'm confused.

You have 3 flags to go, 47 candies, and a chest for 47 candies that gives 2 flags, which leaves you 1 flag off.

But, there are 7 more days, each with 35 candy daily quests, as well as 7 days to pick up random candies, so what's keeping you from more flags?

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm confused.

You have 3 flags to go, 47 candies, and a chest for 47 candies that gives 2 flags, which leaves you 1 flag off.

But, there are 7 more days, each with 35 candy daily quests, as well as 7 days to pick up random candies, so what's keeping you from more flags?

I see from the screenshot 43 flags to go, which at this situation would require a lot of luck winning candies from the chests.

OldHag

Necromancer
Day before the event ends and I dislike it a whole lot more now.

I put the full set down in my city 5 or 6 days ago and have noticed it's not paying out the full connection bonus'.

I've checked for the last 3 days and this is what I've found.

The Banquet tent isn't paying out the supplies bonus (first bonus for touching one other building) but it does pay out the broken shard and knowledge point.

Festive fireworks is not paying out the full coins bonus, sorry, haven't figured the exact bonus' it's not paying yet, but I'll check again tomorrow.

The Revellers fountain isn't paying out any of the gems bonus' same for the marching band...both of these are behaving as if not part of the set.

The Jesters tavern is the only one that seems to be paying out the bonus'.

So I thought I'd check my Snowy Owl set and lo and behold the same thing happening there with the gems bonus' it's not paying those out

I haven't reported this on the Bug section yet but would be interested to find out if anyone else has noticed or checked the payouts on these set buildings.

Timneh

Artisan
@OldHag i would put a ticket in to support so they can look at it and check it out rather than post it in the bugs section of the forum but it's up to you of course.