• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Carnival

DeletedUser2437

Does anyone know if this event will feature a collection boost building for candies like the advent candle or moon mirror?

DeletedUser6914

It is already determined. If you look at your city on the map your boosted goods are the one directly above your city and the two to either side of your city at the bottom. You should also be able to see it in your MH as the boost percentage with the good is shown under that tier.

Thank you Lady Havva, I had not noticed that before, you learn something every day even in the Elvenar worlds !

Timneh

Artisan
WOW now they are nerfing events even before we get them. Check the news from beta thread to see what i am talking about.

m4rt1n

Adept
WOW now they are nerfing events even before we get them. Check the news from beta thread to see what i am talking about.

I noticed, maybe it's so they can sell the offer that is live currently. :(

Deleted User - 341074

Oof, from 3380 to 2145 candies for the full list
With prizes best described as "meh" and quests that can accurately be labeled "bleh" the one thing that this event has going for it was that it did the matter which boxes you opened, so long as you completed all quests you were guaranteed the full set (which is a solid "eh")
For what I can only assume is a little cash grab. Shame inno.

m4rt1n

Adept
carnival.jpg

£10 for the bonus candy expiring building this time around. Inno can keep it this time, as it feels like a last minute money grab.
I didn't mind paying £5 for previous events, but £10 is just too much.

DeletedUser3571

Does anyone know what would be the best daily prize to go for, to get the most fragments for crafting?

Deleted User - 341074

View attachment 3560
£10 for the bonus candy expiring building this time around. Inno can keep it this time, as it feels like a last minute money grab.
I didn't mind paying £5 for previous events, but £10 is just too much.
Well, that feels like a blatant cash grab.
Drop the candies to be earned by 1200, then offer a possible 600 extra candies for £10 ?
Nice.

Timneh

Artisan
Maybe they have lost so many paying players with the crappy changes they keep making that they are a bit cash strapped so trying desperate measures to get some more money.
I could maybe understand a SMALL increase in the cost of the event outpost package but to double the price is just greedy. Whoever came up with the idea to double the price must have fallen out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down and then landed on their head.

Joemork

Spellcaster
Probably thought no-one would notice….they listen with one ear, and see how they can turn it to their advantage. Seeing the huge difference in the number of candies between Beta and Live, implemented late last week, I would have bought one but NOT at that price.

Pauly7

Magus
The thing I find most offensive (yep, gonna stick with that word) about this particular event building doubling up in cost from the previous ones is that Inno still haven't (as far as I know) changed the fact that the animations will all shut down after 30 days. I still feel that I should get a refund on my Moon Mirror for that reason alone. I bought it for aesthetic reasons and they time bombed it without informing us that was going to happen.

It's bad enough on Wishing Wells and the like, but these buildings are premium purchases.

DeletedUser7472

According to my calculations completing the set should still be possible if you finish all the quests, pick up at least 15 candies per day and avoid opening bronze or green chests.

• 180 flags to unlock the whole set
  • average candy per flag ignoring bronze and green chests is 18
  • 180*18=3240 candies needed
  • you gain 2145 candies from sequential quests, 770 from dailies
  • 3240-2145-770=325 candies missing
  • 325/22=14.77 candies you have to pick up in your city every day
source: https://elvengems.com/carnival/

Sir Derf

Adept
No Double Days this go around, either.

My wife reminds me, that when she started, completing sets in events was a hard to do thing. That it will be hard to do should be normal.

What hurts is the disparity between the Beta experience and the Live experience. Yes, Beta is for testing and changes can be made in response to what happens there, but why were the conditions apparently so far off in Beta?