• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered can't open Chest !

Maj33y

Seeker
Hello , I hope you're having a wonderful day ! :)

I'm a new player to elvenar , I got to the point where you open the chest moving onto Chapter 2 , in the research menu "advanced scouts" it requires 10 provinces to be completed I've done 12/10 . and I have all the Technology activation costs ready as well .

and it still won't let me open the chest , (it's checked in green and says "open chest" but the tab is greyed out) , I tried clicking it .. tried all keyboard buttons , I read the wiki .

tried a different Browser . nothing works

but for the quests before it , I only completed magic Academy , I completed a couple more but i didn't activate them not to waste my resources on them . do they impact chest opening .

it says that it'd lower my scouting and negotiation costs but it didn't do anything , all the provinces are still very hard :( .. and I'm stuck

evn1.png

is it open like this ? ,,, do i have to look for it in my surroundings like those crashing eggs ? and if it's open then why are my costs still high .. any help much appreciated .

AstralSoul

Illusionist
You need to put the points of "Flying Boat", in addition, you need to research it, plus the Simple Trail. Research those, and it will allow you to open it. You need to activate those researches.

If you see the line going to the next step, you need to research it (for example, no line for squad size upgrade) meaning it is not necessary. And there is drama with researching squad sizes, I am still undecided in woodelves accounting many things, but my advice is for you to not activate it (it is optional, no line after it.) But the other three, you must activate them (you got your Magic Academy, you need the other two.)

Maj33y

Seeker
You need to put the points of "Flying Boat", in addition, you need to research it, plus the Simple Trail. Research those, and it will allow you to open it. You need to activate those researches.

If you see the line going to the next step, you need to research it (for example, no line for squad size upgrade) meaning it is not necessary. And there is drama with researching squad sizes, I am still undecided in woodelves accounting many things, but my advice is for you to not activate it (it is optional, no line after it.) But the other three, you must activate them (you got your Magic Academy, you need the other two.)

Thank you so much the picture is more clear now ;) but looks like it's gonna be a hell of a ride .. I've got the other two and only waiting on getting enough points and resources to research the Flying boat.

Pauly7

Magus
If you didn't activate it yet you should read up on the implications of completing optional squad size researches (such as the one in your screenshot that doesn't have a path leading forward from it, as @AstralSoul says). The majority of people (I would sweepingly say) don't do them, as the higher squad size you have means harder tournament encounters. On the flipside, though, it can make regular province encounters easier and it makes certain Ancient Wonders more powerful, so it's a choice.

Bit of a tangent, I know, but something to think about.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yup... I am slightly tilting to the do them (I am doing all ancient wonders), and it kills me to leave it undone. But I am unsure if its the best decision as I am a fighter, not a caterer. It's my only Mind "F" with the game. But let's not confuse @Maj33y with that for now. Skip them just in case, and keep learning the game :)

Maj33y

Seeker
@AstralSoul & @Pauly7 , No it doesn't confuse me :) .. I appreciate all the valuable info you've provided . I couldn't have found this on Wiki or anywhere else .

I actually went and got everything unlocked but hearing it'll make tournaments harder I might skip them for the time being ,

Thank you once again and apologizes for my late reply

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Is always a good move.

Make sure to keep guest race's RSS for those unresearched ones, in case in the future you decide to (due to wonders, etc).