• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Can't find players

roomba

Novice
Hey everyone!

Me and my mum both play this game, I play on my iPhone and she plays on her iPad and Samsung. I've tried looking up both her player names and she's also tried looking me up but we can't seem to find each other and we're not too sure why this is happening. We both live in Australia so should theoretically be playing on the same servers?

kimkimkim

Summoner
theoretically you would think, but to me this actually does sound like you both are playing on different servers or quite possibly be playing in different worlds......you play in Felyndral so you might want to check and see what world your mom is in

Giraffi

Enchanter
Check the flags when you log in. There is a difference between the USA/Eng flag and just the USA flag. Totally different servers. Tripped me up in the beginning. Wanted to be on the same world as my friends and it took a few tries before I managed to get the right world and the right server.

Alcaro

Necromancer
From what I understand, on App you can't search for players outside of your Neighborhood. Also, someone told me that if you send a message and get a reply you both can go to each other city by clicking the name (of the other player) in the message.

We both live in Australia so should theoretically be playing on the same servers?
Not necessarily. It depends where the game redirected you. I'm from Romania and the game directed me to International server (aka EN servers). At that time I didn't even knew there was a Romanian server.

You can check on elvenstats.com whether you are at least on the same server and world. Keep in mind, EN servers have 3 different and separated worlds: Arendyll, Winyandor and Felyndral. If you and your mum play in different worlds, it means exactly that - you are in different worlds and you will never meet in this game.

From what I see, you are playing in Felyndral (EN3). If you tell us your mother's username, we could check for you and give you proper advices.

roomba

Novice
From what I understand, on App you can't search for players outside of your Neighborhood. Also, someone told me that if you send a message and get a reply you both can go to each other city by clicking the name (of the other player) in the message.

Not necessarily. It depends where the game redirected you. I'm from Romania and the game directed me to International server (aka EN servers). At that time I didn't even knew there was a Romanian server.

You can check on elvenstats.com whether you are at least on the same server and world. Keep in mind, EN servers have 3 different and separated worlds: Arendyll, Winyandor and Felyndral. If you and your mum play in different worlds, it means exactly that - you are in different worlds and you will never meet in this game.

From what I see, you are playing in Felyndral (EN3). If you tell us your mother's username, we could check for you and give you proper advices.
Her name on her ipad is “7DeadlySins” and on her phone it’s “Legolas1301”! Thank you so much for all the help!

kimkimkim

Summoner
They are both on Arendyll (EN1) so you're on different servers.
I hate correcting people but they are on the same server just in different worlds......and @roomba before you ask, there is no way of switching your city to a different world, you would need to start a new city if you want to play in the same world as your mom, sorry

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I hate correcting people but they are on the same server just in different worlds......and @roomba before you ask, there is no way of switching your city to a different world, you would need to start a new city if you want to play in the same world as your mom, sorry
They're in the same market, which is EN. But the worlds are different servers. You can tell by the domain if you play on browser. For example, Arendyll is en1.elvenar.com, which points to the sever at the IP 212.53.139.24. However, en2.elvenar.com (Winyandor) points to a different IP at 212.53.139.25, which means it is a different server.

kimkimkim

Summoner
They're in the same market, which is EN. But the worlds are different servers. You can tell by the domain if you play on browser. For example, Arendyll is en1.elvenar.com, which points to the sever at the IP 212.53.139.24. However, en2.elvenar.com (Winyandor) points to a different IP at 212.53.139.25, which means it is a different server.
and see, that's why I hate correcting people....me bad :oops: