• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Buying ranks with real money

DeletedUser

aka: no skillz and generally ignoring the game concept of planning the city and using every square to the best of its use,
is getting jeopardized by players with endless RL money.

Will the game be balanced around that too at some point?
Or maybe introduce a separate server run on a monthly fee with a fixed amount of diamonds for everyone?
I'm not too happy about players climbing the ladder who have no skillz just a big wallet.
And no PvP options to set them back either.
What to do about that other than taking a chill pill?
cheers

DeletedUser23

Unlike FoE, there's only a certain amount of points available. With a set amount of expansions and a maximum building level of 15, even with the most efficiency there's only so many ways to gain points (they're not gained through earning coins/supplies like FoE).

Of course, those with diamonds, can buy the 15 expansions those without can't. However again there's only those 15 expansions, and you need a main hall at level 15 to get them too. Arguably if people buy cultural buildings with diamonds, to make more space for other buildings they could have some more points; but then they may decide to aim for a higher cultural bonus anyway.

DeletedUser

Okay so it's just me then.
Would have thought that pay2win was a tad too strong with this game.
So long as PvP, guilds and other forms of direct player competition are not implemented it doesn't matter much anyway.
I just thought the balancing team might need a little wakie before we have a shitstorm going later on when PvP is implemented.

DeletedUser23

I know what you're saying; but I'm not sure that PvP is being implemented at all. It's what separates Elvenar from FoE. Even if it is; defending armies aren't lost in FoE when defeated and as there's a set size of army that you can have in battle, diamonds shouldn't make a difference to that.

DeletedUser

Alright, but then how do we get a grip on the overall superiority of cash heavy players?
If we can't defeat their armies etc.

And can you tell me if Goddess of Fertily adds to player score or not?
They have the same grid size as a Lvl15 Residence and also add 420 pop
Do they generate coins as well?
Pretty sure that's a huge plus to overall culture when you replace all residences and drop goddess cult buildings instead.
And why would you care about culture bonus once you have everything upgraded, scouted and research tree is done too?
Isn't it about maximising player score once you're done with everything else?

Thanks for reply, guess this thread can be moved to offtopic now haha

DeletedUser23

Alright, but then how do we get a grip on the overall superiority of cash heavy players?
If we can't defeat their armies etc.

But cash/diamonds won't have any effect on armies when you take a battle singularly. If you're at the same part of the tech tree (which is obviously limited and based primarily around hourly knowledge points for progress) then you can have the same unit types and squad sizes. Yes someone who has spent cash can have more supply income and space for armories to rebuild armies quicker, but that just means they can attack more people per day. Defending will only need 1 max army.

And can you tell me if Goddess of Fertily adds to player score or not?
They have the same grid size as a Lvl15 Residence and also add 420 pop
Do they generate coins as well?

Yeah if they give population then it'll give points. But it's not that much overall. Like I said at the start, diamonds will give more points through 15 expansions and better buildings, but it's still limited. If you had unlimited diamonds there's still only so much space that can be filled by so many buildings. Unlike with FoE, you got loads of points just from collecting coins/supplies and so if you spent real cash then you'd get a higher income rate to get more points every day, as well as one off points from the diamond buildings.

And why would you care about culture bonus once you have everything upgraded, scouted and research tree is done too?
Isn't it about maximising player score once you're done with everything else?

2 parts to this.
Firstly, as diamond cultural buildings give better culture per square, you could buy the best buildings and get whatever culture bonus you wanted with less space than with non-diamond buildings - thus leaving more space for other buildings which generate points (as well as any goods, supplies, coins etc).

Secondly, once everything is researched and upgraded, you may want a 150% culture bonus for example, in order to get more coins/supplies allowing you to produce armies and manufacture goods quicker, which will speed up both fighting and negotiating more provinces. That's the only real end game right now, but I'm sure as Inno add more content in then there may well be more things to want to spend currencies on.