• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Button to add several trades at once

Vesper Flash

Dreamer
Hi,
While playing I often find myself having to offer the same trade many times. For instance, I have just put up 12 trades all asking for 1000 steel in exchange for 1000 planks. Instead of having to click the confirm button 12 times, I was thinking that an extra button could be added asking 'add this trade how many times?' or similar. The player could then select any number from 1 to the maximum number of 60 trades. This would be far faster than clicking confirm 12 times (or in the extreme case 60 times) to offer the same trade many times. This might also encourage players to make larger numbers of smaller trades instead of one huge trade that many players would never be able to afford, and could make trading easier for newer players on the map and in fellowships.
What does everyone think about this idea?

QFol2

Conjurer
I find that whenever I place small trades for new players, they all get taken by my big neighbours who are being helpful, so they are never up long enough for the new players to take. Much better for the new players to place trades for what they need and me to check the trader regularly to help them out.

Vesper Flash

Dreamer
I'm sorry but you appear to have missed the point of my post. Many players, even far more experienced ones that me, will often put up a large number of trades that are the same (e.g. 10000 dust for 10000 elixir, say 20 times). Instead of having to click 'confirm' 20 times, with a new button added they could simply set 'number of trades' to 20 and then they'd only have to click once instead of 20 times. This was my suggestion and I think it would be an improvement to the interface for everyone.

QFol2

Conjurer
It was part of the point of your post, was it not? If there is no need to place small trades for new players, because they are usually taken by other big players, then there is no need to split trades down and post so many. Instead of posting 20 posts for 1000 goods, simply post 2 posts for 10k. Many small trades from one player simply clogs up the trader - I'd rather not make it any easier for people to post them.

Gargon667

Mentor
I have to say I would hate that, just imagine all the newbies out there would start placing their 100 trades in 1ers, just because they can or think that´s how it works.
It is annoying enough to have to click 10 times 1000 trades instead of a 10000 trade, this would get so much worse. Better force people to place bigger trades :) Less spam in the trader.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'm sorry but you appear to have missed the point of my post. Many players, even far more experienced ones that me, will often put up a large number of trades that are the same (e.g. 10000 dust for 10000 elixir, say 20 times). Instead of having to click 'confirm' 20 times, with a new button added they could simply set 'number of trades' to 20 and then they'd only have to click once instead of 20 times. This was my suggestion and I think it would be an improvement to the interface for everyone.

In principle, and *if* everyone used the Trader responsibly, the idea has merit. However, as with most things it is the reckless, careless or malicious that would damage the playing for others.
I have to agree with @QFol2 and @Gargon667 on this one :)