• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Building upgrade suggestion

Primrosa

Novice
I think it would be really useful when the area required for upgrading a building changes if there were a function that enabled players to rotate their buildings for a better fit, its very frustrating trying to juggle space especially when you've little room left for manoeuvre and nowhere you can drop items and retrieve them during the process.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Primrosa we had this question already several times. It is not possible to rotate buildings as they are 2 dimensional (no matter how pretty they are). It is part of the game to arrange and re-arrange you city. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
As I've pointed out in an earlier thread, given that the perspective of the game is 45 degrees, the 2 dimensional nature of the graphics is not a problem (all existing graphics could simply be applied left-right reversed and you would have support for rotated footprints).

Having said that, it is one of the core components of the game to work with the ever-changing shapes of the game. It is unlikely that that will be changed.

SkyRider99

Mentor
It's possible to use 'teleport' enchantments to temporarily free up space, and then move things around. Extra city expansions are perhaps too obvious to mention.

Paladestar

Enchanter
All existing graphics could simply be applied left-right reversed and you would have support for rotated footprints.

They'd need to render new images. Just flipping the existing building renderings would have the pre-rendered shadows on the wrong side, any logos or text on buildings would also be the wrong way around etc.