• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Building construction cancelled - lost materials

DeletedUser

Just some feedback on the fact that if you cancel construction of the new Magic Academy you don't get anything back. I cancelled after I decided I should wait until I'd moved some stuff around, and I have apparently permanently lost the relics it used. WHY? The other materials I guess don't worry me as much as they are renewable, but the boosted relics get harder to get as you expand outwards, so losing a bunch for nothing is annoying.

I do not understand why cancelling contruction of a building should result in the loss of ANY of the materials used. It should be fine for people to change their minds before it is finished, on any building.

It is irritating. I was advised that the Wiki page advises people of this but my response to that is, should I really need to read a wiki page to find out about it? It shouldn't be programmed like this anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would contact support and ask if this is intended in the game design. Feels like a bug. At least a warning ought to pop up.

DeletedUser

I just skimmed through the wiki page and I couldn't find any indication that you would lose the resources required to build the academy upon cancelling the construction. It only stated the building cannot be sold or rebuilt.

I agree with Slotharingia that this does not sound like it should be intentional. If it is, well... A warning should indeed pop up. Anyone know whether you get the relics back for deleting an AW? That might answer the question as to whether or not the devs intend for us to lose relics if we decide to sell/cancel constructing these types of buildings (both the academy and AWs).

DeletedUser

Additionally, I read in the beta forum that in a coming update, constructing the MA won't cost relics anymore at all, so losing them for cancelling seems doubly mean :D

DeletedUser

@Slotharingia

I'm assuming you're referring to the feedback thread of the update to version 1.0? Here a link to one of the posts on this subject for anyone interested: click me!

While this is indeed a fantastic step towards making the academy more appealing to build in the first place, it's also once again proof that even on the official language servers players can witness drawbacks from completing content directly as soon as it becomes available. Going to refer to my tip I've placed in these forums every now and again: be aware that the game can change at any time. That includes changes that may give you a lesser advantage towards others just because you went ahead to try out the latest features... Kind of a sad policy, but that's the trade off for playing a game still in heavy development I guess.

So a word to the devs: the players who have built the academy already have quite literally wasted 12 boosted relics. The least you could do is give them the choice to get back the space the academy takes up by making it optional to sell it.

To bring this back on topic. It appears to be the case that you've lost your relics for good ucan. If a team member could confirm this being the case or state that you should contact support to solve the issue (as Slotharingia suggested), that would be great though. :)

DeletedUser

That includes changes that may give you a lesser advantage towards others just because you went ahead to try out the latest features.
Or, as is the case with the spell chests that are being added to the Advanced Scouting technology, you may suddenly have a far GREATER benefit than you anticipated. It cuts both ways.

DeletedUser

Thanks all.

Slotharingia - I did but can't discuss it on the forum apparently.

What I can say from the Wiki page I read - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Magic_Academy, it is an intended consequence.

upload_2016-2-21_8-42-54.png

In response to Valerius, yes, it does seem like I've lost my relics for good.

DeletedUser

Either my eyes skipped over that or that "hint" is new... :rolleyes:
Thanks for pointing it out ucan. :)