• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Building changes

DeletedUser

I'd like to see changes regarding how personal a city is. Whenever I visit someone's city, it starts to look a bit plain because all the buildings are identical when they're at the same level. What I'd like to see introduced is more character to the buildings i.e the ability to change the appearance of a building without necessarily moving it in some way. This could include different colours/patterns that you can choose for each individual building. It'd be nice when visiting someone to see what sort of patterns and colours they've opted for on their buildings.

All in all, I'm aware that you can just move your buildings around, but it would add a more personal touch if you could change the buildings themselves to a pattern or colour of your choice.

DeletedUser

It's great idea. Maybe the appearance could depend on your boosted resources.
There are however two problems I see with this idea:
  • All buildings (and all of its levels) would had to have new graphics - it's really great amount of work to do and I don't think devs will be willing to spare time that could be used more efficiently (like fixing bugs)
  • The colour/pattern scheme would probably cost us gems. And it wouldn't be the best way to spend them - so this great amount of work would go to waste
Nevertheless I hope I'm wrong in this rather pessimistic look because it would be really great feature

DeletedUser

I agree with you on the amount of work it would take but it's always worth suggesting even if it's unlikely ideas become implemented - just to throw it out there in case they think it'll be worth it.

I can't see why it would cost gems to change the appearance of your buildings, but of course it's up to the devs - maybe there should be premium patterns but it would be hard to imagine basic colours/patterns costing real money . Hopefully, they take pity on us mere mortals. I think I'd slap on a camouflage pattern on my barracks along with a random golden armoury. :)

DeletedUser98

maybe there's a workaround for this suggestion, e.g. put holes and make some areas just semi-transparent (for places that need shadows or unlit areas). then place the graphics on a colored background, which the player chooses. there could be an issue with the animation but if you place holes on places where it isn't affected by the animation (e.g. the windows of a lvl 4 elf planks manufactory, the target board of an armory), i think it would suffice.

DeletedUser23

It might be less work if there was a choice of colours available for certain parts of each building (like the roofs or doors etc)