• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Building Army

badco2

Novice
i was wondering if an upgrade to the way we build armies can be done. would it be possible to add an option for us to have a recurring choice . at the moment i build 5 units in the barracks and it takes 2.5 hrs. then i have to go to work for 10 hrs. so i only build a few units a day. if we had a choice to set the barracks to repeat the build as many times as we want, lets say 5 times, i could build 5 times the amount of units in the 10 hrs as compared to the 1. since it takes 75 provinces to get to the next level, even with the research to upgrade the armies, it takes a long time to build up enough troops to win a province.

Jake65

Sage
If you can upgrade your armoury/ies or build more of them then the training size increases which effectively lengthens the production time of your barracks.
Depending on your chapter, building the Dwarven Bulwark Ancient Wonder increases the training size significantly which will also help prevent idle time.

Jake65

Sage
For me it's about finding the balance between production speed (barracks upgrades) and training size (armoury upgrades & bulwark) so the production time suits my way of playing.

SkyRider99

Mentor
i was wondering if an upgrade to the way we build armies can be done.
You have some interesting thoughts in your post @badco2. You have obviously considered different ways that the game can influence your gameplay and future success. Things change too as you progress and advance through the research chapters.

Kerzone

Dreamer
@badco2 Not sure what level your on, but there are 3 elements that affect the size and speed of training.
1. The level of your training camps
2. Level and number of amouries you have (3-4 recommended)
3. Ancient Wonders. Various AW's affect the training speed of an individual unit, but the Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms gives a quantity boost.

So if your filling all 5 training queue slots and completing in 2.5hrs then either your armouries are too low, or you dont have enough. Or you have neglected your SSS AW.

I say that because when i fill my queue, they are training for 10hours and i get 8 squads worth off troops.