• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Builder Visibility

DeletedUser622

A problem that seems to concern many people is finding the builder's hut when offering neighbourly help. Seasoned players will indicate the order in which players should offer neighbourly help, e.g., BCM = builder, culture, main hall. Finding the builder's hut can be almost impossible sometimes because it is so small and disappears behind other buildings.

I have thought about options to improve this. If you make the building larger then it uses up more space so that's not really an option. If you make the building taller it will cover other buildings so that's not an option either. Two other options come to mind. Attaching a flag pole will help pinpoint it without covering other buildings. Alternatively, the building could glow or flash intermittently such that the glow would emanate around any building in front of it.

Doing rounds of neighbourly help is time consuming enough without having to search for the builder's hut. I hope something can be done to eliminate this problem.

Raistlin

DeletedUser3542

I agree the builders hut is probably the hardest thing to spot unless its placed by the main hall or on the city edge, a flag would help.

m4rt1n

Adept
I like this idea, and I remember a similar suggestion over a year ago, I think having the building illuminate after you hit the hand to do help would work best as it would stand out easily then.

DeletedUser5306

Yes it is a huge issue on desktop (thankfully it is so much easier to polish the BH with the app!)...
I remember searching for it and having a hard time finding it when I was visiting my established neighbors with their huge buildings early on in the game...
The BH should indeed stand out while visiting!

DeletedUser4149

king wally had a similar idea a while ago, except that flags or markers could be used for any number of reasons for anything to stand out.
a lot of people seemed to like the idea.
nobody important enough seems to have noticed.
by now, that thread has been buried in the archives.

cwgiii

Shaman
This is definitely an issue on the browser version of the game. It has been solved on the mobile version though (with the three buttons available for the helper to choose: Main Hall, Builder, or best available culture structure).

Way back, I remember Timon indicating that the entire Neighborly Help process was going to be revamped on the PC version, supposedly to become as efficient as that found on the mobile version. I certainly hope this is still on the table for the devs to work toward.

DeletedUser5381

Doing rounds of neighbourly help is time consuming enough without having to search for the builder's hut. I hope something can be done to eliminate this problem.

I feel your pain man, I hate to think of how much time I have spent looking for a friends BH only to find there was no hand to shake above the hut anyway.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I've said this before .. but will say it again

A high flag on the builder (perhaps fluttering) would help us find them but mainly I think that if someone wants a builder helped... they should place it in clear sight near the main hall

DeletedUser4149

really this problem can be solved if the person who wants his builder visited just left clue about where it is. a simple right, left, N,S,E, or W would help. if that's too much trouble for the person who wants builder visits, why should we go to the trouble to hunt for it?

DeletedUser441

Simple solution is to ask everyone to place the Builder's Hut next to the Main Hall as it is at the start of the game. I hate searching for players Builder's Huts .

DeletedUser2838

I'm with Brienne on this one. If you think any building is important enough to direct visitors to, then place it next to your Main Hall - that's where visitors land.