• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Builder bonus

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello,

I found out that when I cancel a construction (an upgrade to be more precise) my builder bonuses disappear.
It happened twice, once I had 3 bonuses (so 30%) and after cancelling my three buildings upgrades it all disappeared.
Then I tried a second time later when I got one bonus (so 10%), just cancelled one building upgrade and it disappeared too...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Toursy it's my understanding that whilst all of your resources will be returned in the event of cancelling an upgrade, any bonus that may have been used, you will lose. So that means Builders Hut Bonus or any Time Bonus you may have used.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello, I thought the builder bonus would have stayed as long as the neighbor help should last :eek:
I didn't see anywhere where they explain it is something that would work like an instant.
Then I would say there is a big problem because the bonus is not retroactive, but if I cancel I still use/lose the bonus that I didn't even benefit of....

Last edited:

Toursy

Alchemist
@Toursy I will double check it! But as far as I know, once redeemed (as it were) it's gone. Won't be long! Just checking :)
In that case I still don't get why if I already started an upgrade without any bonus I would lose that builder bonus if I cancel. I mean since I couldn't benefit of the bonus when I started the upgrade, and the bonus won't be retroactive if someone helps my builder's hut later on, but if I cancel (or if the upgrade finishes?) the bonus will be gone anyway :eek:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Toursy So i've just double checked and I am correct. The Neighbourly help works a touch differently with the Building Hut. Because there is no Culture available with the Hut, the Neighbourly Help will only give a Time Boost to your Construction (the maximum depending on the level of your Hut) and there is no Time Limit on the Neighbourly Help. So, where Neighbourly Help on Culture Buildings will last a good few hours, this is not the case with the Builders Hut, although the Construction Bonus will stay until it is used. But once it IS used, even in the event of a cancelled upgrade, it will disappear.

I've added a few screenshots below:

1) 5 Construction Boost Available
Builders Hut.png

2) Reduced Upgrade Time by 10%
Builders Hut 1.png

3) Construction Boosts have reduce by 1 due to Upgrade
Builders Hut 2.png

4) After cancelling the Upgrade, that Time Boost has not returned
Builders Hut 3.png

Similar to the Time Instants, should you utilise one of those and then Cancel the Upgrade, this will not return to the inventory.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

Toursy

Alchemist
Thanks for your reply, but did you noticed anything retroactive? It looks like there is no retroactive bonus, means once you've started building or upgrading you can't get the bonus, it doesn't applies, the time won't change.

Then if you cancel because you would like to use the bonus from builder's hut, it removes the bonuses. So I may also suppose that the bonus would disappear when you finish building or upgrading even if the bonus didn't grant any time construction bonus, which doesn't seem normal to me...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Toursy I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. The Builders Construction Bonus is automatically applied when you start upgrading a building. You cannot choose to utilise it.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Toursy

Alchemist
@Toursy I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. The Builders Construction Bonus is automatically applied when you start upgrading a building. You cannot choose to utilise it.

Kind Regards

Herodite.
I mean, what I noticed is, when I start to upgrade the building and at that time there were no bonus in the builder hut, and if later during the construction there is a bonus that will be added on my builder hut, it won't affect the time of the building construction I'm already upgrading, but it will disappear (as if I used it) when the construction is finished or if I cancel the upgrade, but I didn't get the 10% bonus at any time, the system will still consider the bonus like "used" and will remove it from my builder hut.

Because if the upgrade/construction is already started before you get the bonus then you don't get the 10% when you receive the help from a neighbor, you have to start the upgrade when you already have the bonus. But until there that's fine.
When it's not fine, it's when you still loose the bonus when the upgrade of one building (that didn't benefit of the bonus because upgrade was already started when you got the bonus) is finished/cancel, even if you never got 10% bonus.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Toursy Ahhhh I see now!! That isn't right at all. If you receive Neighbourly Help during an Upgrade, this should stay within your Hut until you're NEXT upgrade and not disappear as you have said it did. I've had a chat with the Support Team and they have asked that you send a Ticket through to them as this is definitely incorrect :)

They await your missive! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite

Gargon667

Mentor
I mean, what I noticed is, when I start to upgrade the building and at that time there were no bonus in the builder hut, and if later during the construction there is a bonus that will be added on my builder hut, it won't affect the time of the building construction I'm already upgrading, but it will disappear (as if I used it) when the construction is finished or if I cancel the upgrade, but I didn't get the 10% bonus at any time, the system will still consider the bonus like "used" and will remove it from my builder hut.

Because if the upgrade/construction is already started before you get the bonus then you don't get the 10% when you receive the help from a neighbor, you have to start the upgrade when you already have the bonus. But until there that's fine.
When it's not fine, it's when you still loose the bonus when the upgrade of one building (that didn't benefit of the bonus because upgrade was already started when you got the bonus) is finished/cancel, even if you never got 10% bonus.

The bonus never disappears on cancelling an upgrade. The bonus disappears (=is used) when you start the upgrade, it does not matter in the least if you later cancel or not, this will not change your available boosts. The one that you used is gone already and will never come back under any circumstance. But of course you get new ones every time somebody visits your builder.
I have never seen a builder just disappear randomly, but if that has happened in your case that would be a bug, but much more likely you just started building or upgrading something else. Say for example when you were testing it out: You started a building (1 boost gone), you cancel the upgrade (no change), you restart the same upgrade (1 more boost gone). Support will be able to tell you if you think you did not start any other construction.
Also as you said. If you have no boost, you don´t get a boost on building time for this construction/upgrade. You can see this happening if the time necessary is written in black/grey. If you have a boost available the time will be written in green. Again if once you started an upgrade the possibility for the boost is gone. If you get a boost after that has absolutely no influence now. However if it is a long construction time and you have recently (less than 10% finished) started a building when you get a new boost, it can be a good idea to cancel the construction and immedeately restart it (now with the new boost) for a shorter construction time.

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello, thanks for your reply !

After trying again this morning, I didn't have the bug anymore, maybe I didn't pay enough attention yesterday.

Thank you for you replies :)

Last edited: