• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Buggy Tournament Results

Lelanya

Mentor
Here we are, stuck at home, and I for one would like to do some tracking with regards to tournament results. But I get an error screen every time I try to look them up :
"Sorry we are calculating tournament results, try again later."
This begs the question, "How long does it take, to calculate those results?"
I anticipate a slew of amusing responses to this one, have at her folks. For me, I know the results are available if I load the screen the moment before tourney ends. Or, right before the next one starts, but it flickers so fast they're impossible to read, and then they're wiped out. :rolleyes: Of course, I can resort to an offsite tracker page, but really, is it so hard to just fix this in house?
Thanks for your kindly attention.
Happy gaming, and stay safe everyone :)

Last edited:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
This begs the question, "How long does it take, to calculate those results?"
Patience Lel, they're working on it:
Download.jpeg

pobble

Spellcaster
I reported it as a bug last week and received a response from support that it is known to be an issue, that it is with the development team for investigation and that they hope to be able to include a fix in an update soon.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
Also, I do want to point out, this seems to be an Achilles heel of this game for some time. I used to manually track tourney results, back before certain tracking sites existed, and there is always a period where the results are difficult if not impossible to acquire. I would sincerely appreciate an internal Fellowship Spire tracker, but almost dare not ask for it, given that tourney, a feature that has existed for some 4 years now, is too hard to track regularly.

Lelanya

Mentor
A dear friend, who Archmages on a US server but does not wish to open an account here, with engineering and netadmin backgrounds, as well as corporate senior management and business issues, has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

"But, this is NOT a new issue.... I don't recall a time when Tourney results EVER appeared reliably and stayed that way without periods of disappearing between Tourneys. Often they've appeared shortly after rewards calculations, that have varied in time delay after event close rather wildly, as if server capacity, eras of poor to horrible code changes and inefficiency variations, and possibly a need to manually trigger batch jobs (also for dead city map cleanup) that a clean system would have automated exist? The latter may be easier to hide when the office operates normally, but any competent admins trusted with basic RDC (since job ads from Inno discuss Hadoop distributed file servers and so imply a LAN/WAN of PC hosts running Apache over *nix) should be able to sequence routine preset batch jobs almost as easily from home, as from Inno offices on servers down the street at Artfiles GmbH or newer LLC, Raxx, or Volico (now US history). So, what's the deal with manual vs automated game upkeep and which tasks are manual trigger? Why has posting accurate Tourney results that stay available in stable software been so difficult for Inno for years already? "

pobble

Spellcaster
Oh thanks @pobble, I hope that doesn't get you into trouble with the mods.
:) it is a summary of the much longer note that Support sent me, not a direct quote at all so I dont think I broke the rules.
To cwgiii's point there was nothing specific mentioned about timeframe, just a hope that it could be soon.