• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Bugged tasks

DeletedUser1925

How is this possible it finished it when player was offline:
cxcDFUU.png

But when you have next set of tasks. It won't finish task if you are offline! Because of some sort of a miracle gets involved? Maybe all the magic from the Magic academy gets in the way?

How can majority of players still tolerate this? And let INNO get away with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm guessing that this task was from the "normal" questline, is the next set that doesn't complete also from this questline?

DeletedUser1925

I thought you played the game. Where else it should be then from repeatable tasks?

DeletedUser1925

This is the last set of "upgrading buildings" tasks that work if you are offline. Then magic happened aka deliberately done and next sets doesn't work!
If you played for over a year you should know this. If you don't know you must not care about tasks. But you kinda should care, because you get a lot of supplies out of them. That's why they bugged them. Is simple as that. ;)

DeletedUser

I tend to set the declineable quests if I have a building finishing when I'm asleep or afk and they've always finished for me, and of course I cycle through the declineable quests 3 or 4 times when doing my 3 hr production collections... elvenar haven't bugged anything for me... maybe its just you so you can come to the forum and complain xD

Deleted User - 106219

elvenar haven't bugged anything for me... maybe its just you so you can come to the forum and complain xD
I realize you meant that last part as a joke, but... it's really NOT FUNNY! Not even in jest! This bug has been around for months and affects a lot of players. To quote a mod from the US forum:
Roughly 20% of the players are troubled by the Off-Line bug. It's tough to fix it when nobody has figured out precisely how to make it happen, or not.
No idea if that refers to all players, or just the ones on the us servers, but either way that's A LOT of affected players.

Personally in the past I have contacted support more than 10 times for help with upgrade quests that refused to finish even though I had done the required upgrade(s). Eventually I just gave up and started avoiding any such quests. So consider yourself lucky if you have not encountered the bug and don't tempt fate by making such jokes.

DeletedUser

Then if this is a bug, take it to the bugs section on the forum and report it rather than having yet another rant about how Inno has deliberately made bugs!

I'm done with bothering to reply to any more rants about how Inno is deliberately doing this or that and I'll leave you two to continue this thread!

Deleted User - 1634960

I have to add my voice to this. In over a year of play on Arendyll, I have never had an upgrade task fail to complete, on or offline. I know it is a problem for many, but how easy can it be to fix a problem that doesn't affect everyone?o_O
Seeing the comments, and looking at the tickets I respond to, it would certainly appear that not only does it not affect everyone, it does not affect anyone all of the time.
How easy can it be to fix an issue that is so inconsistently inconsistent?o_O
I am not defending the bug, I hate it because I have had to curtail my playing time to answer tickets. I am defending the development team, because they are putting a great deal of effort into solving this, while still trying to provide new content instead of making us all wait at the end of a chapter until this particular vermin can be captured and squashed.
(I would have loved to make this comment on both my player account and my mod account, but I'm not allowed to.:()

DeletedUser1925

I don't think buildings gets completed until you login. Because tonight 2 more bugged buildings. Once I login coins are 0/max.
Also I noticed while NH people are constantly building the same buildings. Because they didn't login for quite some time now?

I just don't get it how is possible that for low levels works but not for higher levels.

DeletedUser

Generally a building doesn't show as being finished if you don't log in, so all those inactives who set their main hall building and then never came back are bugging the rest of us because we can't get any gold once the builder is full.

As far as this bug goes, I got it for the first time yesterday in Winyandor but I know that I've never had it in Arendyll, although its been a long time since I built anything other than upgrading a few houses or AW. I tried to find it in bug reports but can't find it, has it been reported and I just can't find it?

DeletedUser363

I tried to find it in bug reports but can't find it, has it been reported and I just can't find it?

I have sent tickets to support about this whenever an upgrade hasn't been credited to the quest, they have completed it so I could move on, and each time said that the bug has been reported and is being looked into - just waiting for a resolution now, in the meantime, I send tickets with each overnight upgrade ;)

DeletedUser

ok fair enough, I'll do that as well, I guess that's what we need to do and hopefully they'll fix it although based on what Rilian has said its hard to repair something that isn't broken for everyone.

DeletedUser1925

ok fair enough, I'll do that as well, I guess that's what we need to do and hopefully they'll fix it although based on what Rilian has said its hard to repair something that isn't broken for everyone.
I guess I'm just the lucky one getting all the dungs.

DeletedUser

Well, hopefully they will find a solution soon. Then I can quit having support fix them and the support people can get back to playing the game as well. Currently on a quest that requires 5 upgrades. Did 2 upgrades overnight and unfortunately they did not get credited when I logged in this morning. Started the third upgrade. Will do all 5 before sending in a ticket as I'm not sure how many will actually get counted.

It is somewhat erratic, as sometimes the upgrades count and the quests complete fine and other times they don't get counted. They do seem to count regularly if I'm logged in at the time they finish construction but quite a few times they don't count if I'm not logged in.

DeletedUser1925

This bug is been going on for months! This makes INNO dilettantes... or not willing to fix it. They only know what is actually true.

I think this bug is 50% of support tickets.