• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Browser Crashes a lot

DeletedUser38

This is happening a lot and mostly when on the map helping neighbors. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a bug report? BTW this also happens in the beta.
Browser Crash.jpg

DeletedUser126

I haven't had that particular screen but I get shockwave flash crashing a lot when visiting to help neighbours too. I don't think I've seen that screen since I used to use Firefox. I'm using Chrome now and have a lot less problems.

DeletedUser

I use Waterfox, which is 64bit version of Firefox. Even FoE GvG map is working smooth on that. I do not use latest version available, but it is stable and doesn't crash at all. On Beta works well too.

DeletedUser38

I tried to use Chrome and had similar results. Must be something wrong with my system.

DeletedUser3

Hi Legolas the true - the issue with flash crashes when visiting other players on the map is related to the 'black screen when visiting a neighbour' issue, which has indeed been reported to our development team. They are working on a fix, but this one is proving to be a particularly hard nut to crack.

You can reduce the incidence of crashes, or of the black screen by either refreshing your game after every few visits or by logging out and back in again. Not leaving your game running in the background, and unchecking 'Play animations in cities' (In your Options menu) should also help with this issue.

You may indeed find this is less of a problem in one browser than in another.

DeletedUser38

The crash is happening now more regularly like after every two or three visits. This is really making the game not fun.

DeletedUser

Well I am getting, variously, "The Black Screen of DEATH " and "The White Screen of DOOM" when visiting neighbours and, from time to time, trying to carry out other functions like opening the research screen. I have not been able to tie either down to specific key-strokes or actions but, frankly, I don't have the time to do a proper job. As far as I understand from friends who have been playing other Inno games, these glitches have been "features" of their software/coding/methodology for a very long time and are usually met with the mod response to clear cache/reload screen/close browser and start again. Not really good enough in this day and age of browser games most of which are more sophisticated than they used to be but - there you are :rolleyes: