• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Broken Shards

DeletedUser3571

Currently you can only use broken shards for 2 things, to create :kp: in the Magic Academy and to forge a shard on the rune circle of an ancient wonder. The recipes in the MA is expensive in fragments and so not worth it, and for the AW it has to be on level with runic upgrade, so normally I lose new broken shards or i have to create runes for wonders that I don’t want.

So, I would like it if we could use the broken shards to forge any rune shards at any time, even when its a :kp: upgrade level. This would allow me to make use of the broken shards (as it doesn't look like we are ever going to be able to hold more than 10).
For example, I’m working on my Flying Academy, its lv9 and I have 20 rune shards for it and 10 broken shards with a lot more to come in round 6 on the tournament.

So instead of having to wait until I’ve invested the kp and then upgraded to lv 10 (24hrs upgrade time) meaning i would lose all broken shards of round 6. I could create a FA rune shard now and then the round 6 broken shards could go towards another.

Hekata

Artisan
While the idea is interesting but I don't think it should be a feature of the MA. There are 24? or 26? types of runes. If we add those recipes to the academy it will make the chances of getting what we want even smaller. I can't even get pet food as often as I need now. Imagine with 26 more recipes. So it should be an ancient wonder feature without involving the MA.

DeletedUser3571

Guess i should clarify, i never intended for it to be in the MA, i only mentioned it as its one of the few ways of using the broken shards. I wanted it as another tab in each wonder, like the rune wheel but where its made into a rune shard for the wonder rather than a rune on the wheel.

Hekata

Artisan
Ok, that sounds good and useful :) My broken shards are almost always maxed because I don't put runes in the wonders I don't plan to build. I keep them free so I can used them to make rune shards when I actually do need runes for one. So all I get in the tourney goes to waste.

DeletedUser2437

In other words just always have the rune tab show up on AWs? Seems like a good idea to me!

Timneh

Artisan
It looks like we are never going to get the increased storage for broken shards that we were promised so it would be good if we could use them to forge runes for wonders even if the wheel was full.

m4rt1n

Adept
It looks like we are never going to get the increased storage for broken shards that we were promised so it would be good if we could use them to forge runes for wonders even if the wheel was full.

Thats a very nice idea, which I hope the devs consider. :)

DeletedUser3393

Players are unlikely to build every Wonder in the menu because of their play style, so having lots of leftover shards seems like a missed opportunity to use them elsewhere.

DeletedUser5093

I like the idea of being able to create a rune shard at any time using 10 broken shards, and have this as a tab on each wonder. I'd also like the ability to break existing runes into broken shards at any time. This could perhaps be contained in the wonders menu somewhere.

Pauly7

Magus
I like this idea too. So we can have a constant rune shard factory going and by the time a wonder reaches level 5, level 10, etc, we'd just have a ton more runes to put in.

Mind you, it's been a long time since I've felt any shortage of rune shards. It would help early game players the most that are getting their 1st AWs up to level 5 and finding that they have to wait an awful long time to build up the 17 or so shards needed (on average) to fill a rune wheel.