• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Broken shards from the winter Ferris Wheel?

DeletedUser

Hi Guys,
I’m currently making broken shards with my WFW but I can’t find where the already made ones are to be able to place them in the unlocked ancient wonders I want them for. Does any one know where they are stored please? Maybe I can only find them somewhere if I’m on my pc rather than my phone or iPad?
Many thanks.
Elfini

FieryArien

Necromancer
I’ll show you with pictures.

Go to Ancient Wonders menu at the bottom:
2F497602-05FD-4E11-992E-D8AD957534D4.jpeg
Click on some wonder (it needs to have the “rune wheel” displayed):
6671F256-28C5-4B3F-B5BF-B5F74CF59C1B.jpeg
There you’ll see the broken shards:
E5629BF4-EE0F-4174-84A9-655EB9A7E79F.jpeg

Note that you can hold maximum of 10 broken shards only. If you gain another broken shard, it just disappears.

When you have all 10 broken shards, you can go to wonder of your choice (from those available to you at the moment, of course) and click the button to instantly fill one rune spot in the rune wheel. (My button on the picture says 170 diamonds, but that’s because I don’t have all the broken shards. When I have them, it doesn’t ask for diamonds and instead it says “forge rune” or something like that).

DeletedUser

Thanks for that. I was aware of how that works. It was the ones I made from the WFW I was assuming would be stored somewhere different and I could then put them into the particular AW I want to eventually place but this doesn’t seem to be the way it works as I can’t find the 2/3 I have already crafted. Or can you not choose which AW you put them in? Fed up getting too many runes and broken shards for AWs I don’t want to place rather than the ones I do!

FieryArien

Necromancer
Broken shards are “unassigned”. They don’t belong to any wonder, think of them as small pieces of broken glass. It doesn’t matter from what various broken glasses you got the pieces. Or if you found a piece under a Carnival carousel or elsewhere. However, if you accumulate enough of these pieces, you can melt them into a new glass of your choosing.

In terms of runes: there is only one queue of broken shards. The ones you collected from the WFW are already showing in that queue. The same broken shards queue is shown in every wonder details. You create a new rune of your choosing by clicking the “Forge” button in the wonder of your choosing. In this unique case you are guaranteed to place the rune into an empty slot in the rune wheel.

Timneh

Artisan
Another thing you could do if you have lots of runes for an AW you don't want and the rune wheel is full is build that AW and then sell it again. That should give you an empty rune wheel for that AW and you can then use the runes you have for it to fill it again and hopefully get more broken shards to use where you want to use them as it fills up. I have not done this myself but i know other people have. I hope that makes sense and helps.

cwgiii

Shaman
Note that you can hold maximum of 10 broken shards only. If you gain another broken shard, it just disappears

This is one thing that I wish the Devs would address. It would be awesome if the system would prevent wasting of broken runes when collecting more than 10, just like collecting supplies or coins in the main hall. At the very least, it would be great if there was some sort of warning, indicating that this was occurring.

Timneh

Artisan
@cwgiii I don't know if you remember or not but when they changed the tournaments and introduced broken shards into them Timon told us they were going to increase the number of broken shards that could be stored. That was so long ago now that i have stopped hoping that it will happen.

DeletedUser

Thank you so much to everyone who commented. Really helpful. :O)