• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Brain vs. Gut in a Tourney

Sir Derf

Adept
As I progress through a round of a Tourney, and I notice the number of squads of a particular type shrink as I use them in Province after Province, intellectually I know that this is related to the squad size increasing Province to Province, but I always have this visceral feeling that my troops are getting whittled down Encounter to Encounter. It's very deceptively demoralizing.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Very demoralizing indeed Sir Derf. I've written about this effect previously, in other forums (fora?). People told me I was delusional. But still my troops get decimated :cool:

It's normal to have a visceral feeling when you keep getting kicked in the guts ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
I think you misread my post. I was describing how the increasing Squad Size as one progresses through provinces in the Tourney makes it SEEM like your troops are being whittled away far more than they actually are. SEEMS.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
better to do at first round to the end and then come backward from biggest to smallest again - useful in many ways ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
the only counter measure I can think of is to occasionally eave the tourney and look at the squads in your army camp...

Anyaway I generally dislike the whole squad nonsense, give us absolute numbers instead! There is absolutely no use in squads.