• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Boosted vs non-boosted manufactories

• Thread starter Deleted User - 50840
  • Start date

Deleted User - 50840

It is better to concentrate solely on building manufactories of your boosted goods. Some of you may know this or have been told this but may not know exactly why.

Here is why...

When you produce goods in a manufactory of your boosted type you receive a bonus in production according to the number of relics you have of that type. With only 10 relics you get a 100% boost (double production), 42 relics gives 200% boost (triple production) etc.

This extra goods is FREE... yes, TOTALLY FREE. You do not pay coins or supplies for it nor does it need extra space in your city. You only pay for the base goods like you would in a non-boosted manufactory.

Lets say you have 24 squares in your city devoted to tier 1 production and you have them split up equaly between marble, planks and steel and your base production for each (planks, steel and marble) is a 100 per 3 hour period and you have 10 relics of your boosted goods (100% boost). You would then produce 400 goods per 3 hour period. 100 of each plus 100 bonus at a cost of 6000 coins and 600 supplies (15 coins and 1.5 supplies per unit). If you were to devote ALL 24 squares to your boosted manufactory then you would produce 800 goods per 3 hour period for the same 6000 coins and 600 supplies (7.5 coins and 0.75 supplys per unit). Double the amount of goods for the same coins and supplies cost. And the more relics you get the lower your cost per unit of goods will get.

All you need is to be in a roughly balanced fellowship that will trade your excess for what you don't produce. And if you are fortunate enough to get to 400% boost then you don't need to be in a fellowship as you would produce 500 goods for the price of 100 in your boosted manufactories. Using the wholsaler then would cost the same as producing non-boosted goods on your own.

And if you are not in a good fellowship and the only trades you can get is with the 50% penalty then it is still CHEAPER than producing the non-boosted goods on your own.

Kind Regards,
Duke

This is something I shared with my own fellowship and it was suggested I post it here so that others may also see it. If anyone wants to copy this and share it with your fellowship via mail, then please do so.

Deleted User - 13667

The strategy mentioned by Duke does work. But there are players who might not have the luxury of a balanced fellowship to fall back on this plan. Perhaps I can add on to the above.

If in need of goods, either
1. Bite the bullet and pay the wholesaler. Its 1:5 ratio. Terrible rates but always available.
2. Offer a 3-star rating to players to trade for what you need. What you have in surplus from your boosts may just be what others need. Time would be anything from immediate to a few days. 3-star rating might reduce the waiting time.

Deleted User - 13667

For the advance players in Chapter V or VI Research,

1. Repeatable Quests are the only best choice. WHILE IT STILL LASTS. Reap the extra benefits from gathering coins + supplies with more of coins + supplies. You could be a supporter to assist other fellows in need.

2. If in doubt of the granite mine needed, built no less than 4. Make it a point to upgrade at least to level 2.

3. Burn the extra coins to scout only if you have totally nothing better to do since Scouting is likely taking 20+ hrs :( >.<

DeletedUser

The strategy mentioned by Duke does work. But there are players who might not have the luxury of a balanced fellowship to fall back on this plan. Perhaps I can add on to the above.

If in need of goods, either
1. Bite the bullet and pay the wholesaler. Its 1:5 ratio. Terrible rates but always available.
2. Offer a 3-star rating to players to trade for what you need. What you have in surplus from your boosts may just be what others need. Time would be anything from immediate to a few days. 3-star rating might reduce the waiting time.

Or just look in the trader for what you want and pay 3 for 2 to those who you have not discovered yet. Or offer 2 for 1, that gives anyone who accepts a nice profit, and is still a hell of a lot better than 5 for 1 at the wholesaler

Booff

Alchemist
There is no doubt that "boosted" manufactories win hands down on this vs. I post up to 60 trades before I go to bed and when I wake up they are all gone. It helps to be in a fellowship but with boosted goods you have tons of goods to trade and can even offer 3 star trades to citys you have yet to discover.

Deleted User - 13667

A point to add on the Ancient Wonders, no doubt it is a loss in terms of a more guaranteed % gain in boosted goods to build them. But a certain AW once built provides random amount of your boosted goods to make up for the loss in %. Depending on how far you have explored and discovered neighbors, you might end up with lots more goods or nothing at all if you do not do visits daily

Booff

Alchemist
To that point the Elvan AW is the Crystal Lighthouse and the Human AW is The Great Bell Spier that provide the extra "goods" reward for neighborly help as well as increased cultural help

DeletedUser

Note from Zanyah: Quote deleted because unwanted content was added to it.

I wish there were videos on youtube outlining strategies like that for the game. Thanks a lot for explaining it. Im new to the game and its kind of heard to wrap my head around all the strategies and builds^^ Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser487

It is better to concentrate solely on building manufactories of your boosted goods. Some of you may know this or have been told this but may not know exactly why.

Here is why...

When you produce goods in a manufactory of your boosted type you receive a bonus in production according to the number of relics you have of that type. With only 10 relics you get a 100% boost (double production), 42 relics gives 200% boost (triple production) etc.

This extra goods is FREE... yes, TOTALLY FREE. You do not pay coins or supplies for it nor does it need extra space in your city. You only pay for the base goods like you would in a non-boosted manufactory.

Lets say you have 24 squares in your city devoted to tier 1 production and you have them split up equaly between marble, planks and steel and your base production for each (planks, steel and marble) is a 100 per 3 hour period and you have 10 relics of your boosted goods (100% boost). You would then produce 400 goods per 3 hour period. 100 of each plus 100 bonus at a cost of 6000 coins and 600 supplies (15 coins and 1.5 supplies per unit). If you were to devote ALL 24 squares to your boosted manufactory then you would produce 800 goods per 3 hour period for the same 6000 coins and 600 supplies (7.5 coins and 0.75 supplys per unit). Double the amount of goods for the same coins and supplies cost. And the more relics you get the lower your cost per unit of goods will get.

All you need is to be in a roughly balanced fellowship that will trade your excess for what you don't produce. And if you are fortunate enough to get to 400% boost then you don't need to be in a fellowship as you would produce 500 goods for the price of 100 in your boosted manufactories. Using the wholsaler then would cost the same as producing non-boosted goods on your own.

And if you are not in a good fellowship and the only trades you can get is with the 50% penalty then it is still CHEAPER than producing the non-boosted goods on your own.

Kind Regards,
Duke

This is something I shared with my own fellowship and it was suggested I post it here so that others may also see it. If anyone wants to copy this and share it with your fellowship via mail, then please do so.

Well said, shared with my fellowship on Winyador!

DeletedUser

i'm in the fellowship with gregoriousIV and this strategie works reall good if everyone helps out

DeletedUser1882

ok now that is all said what are the boosted goods I still have no idea

DeletedUser186

You can find your boosted goods by either checking the relics tab in the Main Hall, or by looking at the world map. Your boosted goods will be those provinces to the North, South East and South West. Yours are Scrolls, Planks and Magic Dust.