• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Boblin's Advent Activity! - Discussion Thread

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hey @m4rt1n still have a go!! You've plenty of time to look at them to have a "Eureka" moment (which im sure you will) But yes! I apologise for some of the pics! I'm trying to get the BEST possible quality without giving the game away entirely so that may mean some do look a tad blurry! But we've tried to still ensure the snapshot has a very recognisable element of the Building in Question!

In addition, we were aware of Humans/Elves difference, so we've made sure that all Buildings included are universal ones! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Giraffi

Enchanter
I was amazed at the quality of some of the pics, until I discovered their source are the wiki. So far it has helped me to know when to look in the wiki and when to start looking in the buildings I might have in inventory.

m4rt1n

Adept
Hey @m4rt1n still have a go!! You've plenty of time to look at them to have a "Eureka" moment (which im sure you will) But yes! I apologise for some of the pics! I'm trying to get the BEST possible quality without giving the game away entirely so that may mean some do look a tad blurry! But we've tried to still ensure the snapshot has a very recognisable element of the Building in Question!

In addition, we were aware of Humans/Elves difference, so we've made sure that all Buildings included are universal ones! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
I need an Epiphany, let alone Eureka, but thank you very much for clarifying that all buildings are above the levels of race differences, that does help the search a lot as I have only ever played as a human. :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Silly Bubbles : I'm not going to bite this time... although I'm currently busying myself, on and off, with doing so in another thread... maybe? ;)

People who don't 'celebrate' the particular holidays are probably effected by the generic aspects - time off from work, travel and gathering with friends and family, etc.
Could be! Still, I was - as I often do - musing primarily upon etymology, and the universality of comprehension of any given term by an international audience... and on a related note, I have long thought that designating this Forum and the Game Servers/Worlds which it represents as 'EN' implies - incorrectly - that it relates specifically to the Anglophone Sphere - and wondering why this designation was chosen in the first place!

BTW - Hannukah Dec 18-26 and Kwanzaa Dec 26-Jan 1.
... is that so? Thanks - I had no idea, especially about Kwanzaa (created in 1966 in the USA, Mr Google tells me?) and knowledge is power, as they say!

As a matter of interest, and because I do love to know the history of tradition (knowing WHY people celebrate - not only THAT they do [that much is rather obvious, really!] always matters in any multi-cultural context, I believe, if we are to try to understand our fellow-Humans at all...? :)

In fact, and in pursuit of the above viewpoint of mine, I was going to post a couple of very interesting URLs from Wikipedia (which most people see as being non-controversial) about the historical origins of the forthcoming Festive Season across the world - since those origins clearly explain (at least in any nation which uses the Gregorian Calendar, as I believe is typically the commonest choice?) - why the date and/or day of the week of Christmas Day and New Year's Day [both thus-named] can vary, year on year (they're from two originally unrelated traditions)... but then I thought better of it.

I feel like a traitor to my own Forum Signature, but I'm still some way from attaining the alternative, which would be simply to disappear (er, from here)!

Oh well. I suppose you'll have to resort to the good offices of Our Best Friend Google of your own accord, if you're even interested... :D

In any case... Happy - hmm, Holidays? Winter? Summer? Internationally Analogous Period Of Celebration...? I'm trying my best, succeed or fail!

m4rt1n

Adept
13 days in, just past the half way point and so far I know 2 of the buildings, this is tough, need to dredge the depths of event threads as the wiki doesn't seem to host pics of the vast majority of event buildings and I don't know where else to look as they are not in my city or inventory???

Jake65

Sage
13 days in, just past the half way point and so far I know 2 of the buildings, this is tough, need to dredge the depths of event threads as the wiki doesn't seem to host pics of the vast majority of event buildings and I don't know where else to look as they are not in my city or inventory???
I'm also struggling. Got 4 or 5 but they're ones that I have in my city.
I can't zoom in much on my mobile which makes it more challenging :)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Yes, I know the one posted for the 13th, but I have not seen that particular building in any city recently. There are other varieties similar that you do find in cities. Just google what you think it might be, and who knows, you may just be right. I got my confirmation that way.

Smiki

Adventurer
The last one was absolutely difficult. I can't figure out. Is there someone that solve it?
Yes, the 13th is really hard for me. It took me two days to solve it. There are other variants in cities, I don't think this can be found now. The problem was that I didn't even know what it was about...

m4rt1n

Adept
Day one I just cannot find but recognise, day 2 and 3 have me completely stumped so far, the rest I am working on with good idea's.

Edit: Had an epiphany and got day 2 including the level. :)

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
Yes, the 13th is really hard for me. It took me two days to solve it. There are other variants in cities, I don't think this can be found now. The problem was that I didn't even know what it was about...
for the 13th I checked another site and eventually I tried on Google :D Was a long shot but, unbelievable, it appeared in Search :D

Giraffi

Enchanter
Did you guys see that this looks like a little mud guy? I see the pointy nose. I see the big smile. I see upturned feet.

80F653A8-7EF5-4AE5-AF6B-07A4482023CB.jpeg