• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Blueprint for Magic Residence

DeletedUser3182

Could you please let me know how I get one of these?

I have just purchased a magic residence and it states I need a blueprint to upgrade it. Wiki merely states a very obscure message as follows:

Tournaments
...it to the last checkpoint you will even get a [[Magic_Residence#Blueprints|Blueprint]], which is very useful.

However, I have been unable to find out how or where tournaments are held. Wiki states 'a tournament has started' but not what you have to do to get to/ partake in one. There is nothing shown in Research.

Does this mean I cannot update my magic residence, which I paid for with diamonds, without entering some tournament I can't take part in. Shouldn't this be made clear, or some other way of updating be made possible.

DeletedUser3097

Hi @sunshinefantasia

If you belong to a fellowship you can take part in tournaments. The next one starts in 67 hours which is on Tuesday. The tournaments will be different from before and you should be able to obtain a blueprint from them, but as they are new I can't tell you more about how to do this.

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....scenes-upcoming-changes-for-tournaments.4212/

For fellowships seeking members:
Arendyll: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/arendyll.31/
Winyandor https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/winyandor.42/

DeletedUser803

yes, it should be made clear.
I cant get a blueprint either, and I feel totally ripped off.
welcome to elvenar.

DeletedUser3182

Dizzy Lizze, thank you for your fast response and I do understand your wishing to help, but being unable to - since the restrictions aren't of your making.

I like this game and mostly I'm happy to discover things by trial and error, especially when it only costs ingame currency and time (which means I don't need to be in the game). What has made me extremely frustrated is that when a player purchases with diamonds (which need to be bought first), but isn't told there are restrictions which mean you can't use it effectively. I did search first but as with a lot of aspects, Wiki has more about fighting than building a city.

Not only is it not clear, it's positively obscure. I would not have bought a magic residence, if I'd known you can not update unless you joined a group of fellow players, with a view to playing in events which are mandatory if I wish to obtain an upgrade to a residence I'd spent hard cash on.

I have already turned down joining a fellowship (and a very nice person who invited me), because I do not have time from my busy schedule currently to do what is requested as part of the conditional requirements.

Thank you again, I shall now have to consider whether a fellowship can be fitted in with my real life. It has certainly given me pause regarding future purchases though.

You may close as you have answered my question.

Deleted User - 106219

For the record, previously you could upgrade Magic Residences and Magic Workshops with Diamonds. Sine I have never bought either I have no idea what the current situation is.

DeletedUser

For the record, previously you could upgrade Magic Residences and Magic Workshops with Diamonds. Sine I have never bought either I have no idea what the current situation is.
You still can upgrade with diamonds, I've never had a blueprint but still regularly upgrade magic buildings.

DeletedUser3182

You still can upgrade with diamonds, I've never had a blueprint but still regularly upgrade magic buildings.

Lisica, appreciate your help, but I'm still puzzled, since obviously you have diamonds shown as a costing, I don't - so don't have the option that you do to upgrade.

Could one of the Mods please get this clarified. On my magic residence there is only one option - 'cost' 1 blueprint. No option for upgrading with diamonds.
It seems others can upgrade with diamonds, so how is that possible, unless this has been changed recently and only buildings purchased previously can be upgrade with diamonds. Will the diamond option magically appear when I get my 'superior residences' research finished at Chapter III?

If someone in the backroom tech area who knows about these things could pass on some snippet to help - it would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

I had a look at my 2 cities which have magic residences and you're absolutely right, the only cost shown is that of 1 blueprint which I don't have.
I really hope that the possibility of upgrading the magic residences isn't dependant on blueprints!

DeletedUser3097

Could one of the Mods please get this clarified.

Hi @sunshinefantasia and @Lisica

I have checked this for you:

You need either diamonds OR blueprints to upgrade magic residences. However it is linked to the technology tree so the diamond option may not yet be available to you yet. You unlock new levels as soon as you unlock the "Advanced Scouts" technology at the start of any new chapter.

This also applies to magic workshops.

DeletedUser3182

Dear Dizzy lizzie - love your mod name incidentally, so cool. :)
Thank you for checking and posting the answer so quickly, it has relieved my concerns. I am happy to work towards it, now there is a solution.