• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Blooming Trader Guild — opinions?

FieryArien

Necromancer
It takes quite some space and I’m no longer sure it’s a good investment. Anyone out there who loves this wonder? I mean functionally, not esthetically! ;-) Would you share why it’s awesome for you? How many levels did it take?

Guest race production boost: (it did help me to go through the unpleasant mushroom grind in Orcs faster)
- Now in Woodelves I don’t feel the need to rush anymore (upgraded 3 wonders so far). The 6% boost is nice, but it really isn’t that necessary. If I’m not mistaken there is no mushroom-like grind in the future chapters, so I’m fine with taking my time through the future chapters.
Reduced trader fee: (that was actually strong argument for me when I built it)
- Lately almost all trades in my Trader are without fees. I’m not sure if it’s some fluke or if I indeed have almost all active neighbors discovered. (I did reach out 2-3 rings far in direction to my 3 or so more distant active traders.) The real circle I’m clearing now is the last one before Orcs are needed.
Bonus amount in wholesaler offers: (I was spending a lot of gold and supplies in Wholesaler at the time I built this wonder)
- Nice, but currently not a significant source of goods. Ever since I started spending my gold excess on KPs, I don’t buy that much goods. Most often I’m simply recovering supplies after buying some buildings or their upgrades.

Apparently I’m inclined to delete it (still level 1 with just 5 KPs there). However, I’ve been shown new view angles in the past in other areas. Maybe it happens again. Comments? Advice? Thank you.

Deleted User - 106219

I never cared about the reduced Trader fee. For me it was (and still is) all about the increased guest race production. The Wholesaler offers are a nice bonus.

At level 1 the bonus is simply too low to make a real difference. If you want it to be effective you should get it to level 6 at least. As for whether you need that bonus, or not... Well, it depends on the current chapter. Woodelves is not as slow as Orcs. Sorcerers and Dragons, however, can be quite annoying due to the limited number of buildings you can have. Halflings is quite slow at first, until you have enough Fields. Elementals is fine... if you decide to follow the story quests and dedicate the required amount of space. If you don't want to - or simply can't afford to - use so much space it can be rather slow, especially if you use the cheap one-day Essense productions instead of the quick but expensive 6 hour productions. And Amuni... was just boring. It can be really slow, especially if you don't want to do 15-minutes productions.

For me the BTG is quite useful, but different players see it differently.

Deleted User - 341074

For guest races, I think @shadowblack brings up a very good point: if you are not willing to dedicate ~20 expansions* to the guest races, then a high-level BTG is the only way to make up for it. if speed is your thing, where the BTG really shines is in chapter 10 and (if you do quests) chapter 13 because there is a hard cap on how many guest race buildings you can make. i.e. even if you had 50 expansions for them, it wouldn't help you.

The reduced trader fee is situational I guess. I get most of my trades from my FS, and for the few others I just post and let others take them, so I never pay any trader fee. I imagine a player might not have a choice in a barren section of the map with a newer FS.

For bigger wholesaler offers: I agree that buying KP with excess coins is the better choice, and IMO you should only very rarely need to dump supplies- Much more efficient to remove a workshop and then use instants or spells or short productions to bring you up in a pinch.

All that being said, what are you going to do with the space? The BTG is very close in size to 1 Marble+plank+steel grafting site which, if you add them to the standard 6:6:4 build should increase your guest race production by about 18%. Chapter 9 like most chapter does have a 2 stage production chain, and the BTG helps both times, but even if you cut that 18% in half, it's still slightly outperforming the 6% from your level 1 BTG. However, as noted above, chapter 10 has a fixed size guest race, so your free space won't help you there.

Another consideration that doesn't affect you yet is reaching the endgame. For about 8 of the past 12 months, my BTG has done absolutely nothing for me.
At almost a whole expansion, that's pretty annoying.

*Note: The "20 guest race expansions" Is partly taken up by willows in chapter 9, and the last time I was there mana in event buildings wasn't a thing, so I don't know what is reasonable for that chapter now.

m4rt1n

Adept
I like mine and upgraded it to level 6 for now, it helped with the rather boring halflings and the orcs previously.
I have a lot of excess coins due to helping every neighbour every day so as well as buying kp I also use the wholesaler for extra goods each day and the boost is nice.
I find it aesthetically pleasing in my city, plus the extra background decoration on the cliffs it provides add to my city.
Also, it adds extra wonder levels required for the seed production bonus of my trader, now I have it anyway. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

i liked it a lot to help me speed through the middle chapters. but if they continue to add new chapters at an excruciatingly slow rate, what's the point of having a wonder that will just lead us quicker to a dead end?

m4rt1n

Adept
I aim to build them all and upgrade them all fully at games end, then start again in another world, but try without the optional squad techs and use a different strategy.
That said I am still enjoying the benefit of the BTG and see at games end that it will still have a use for buying more goods from the wholesaler each day once I no longer need any KP allowing me to help my fellows with more trades and progress further in the weekly tournaments.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

I aim to build them all and upgrade them all fully at games end, then start again in another world,
Do you mean all of the wonders? That's about 500,000 KP:eek:
Rough numbers:
300KP from tournament including FS rewards
168 hourly KP per week
21 weekly KP from ToS & event buildings
---
~500 KP per week

500,000 KP divided by 500 KP = 1,000

1,000 weeks is about 20 years.:cool:

DeletedUser4149

they should have lots of optional techs to research so that we can have the choice to go through chapters quickly or slowly if we want. many of these techs we've been researching seem more like speed bumps that were designed to slow us down instead of techs that we would actually want to research and use.

the point i'm trying to make here is that the trader guild is good for cities that need to catch up to other cities. but lots of people are obviously researching things faster than they can come up w/ more new things to research. the trader guild isn't very useful at that point.

m4rt1n

Adept
Do you mean all of the wonders? That's about 500,000 KP:eek:
Rough numbers:
300KP from tournament including FS rewards
168 hourly KP per week
21 weekly KP from ToS & event buildings
---
~500 KP per week

500,000 KP divided by 500 KP = 1,000

1,000 weeks is about 20 years.:cool:

Killjoy, lol :eek:
I realise it would take time and I hopefully have 20 years on the globe that rotates the star,

Ok realistically it would be nice just to have them all on display at some point. :D

Someone nice in the programming department could feel sorry for me after a couple of years and donate half a million KP to my account. :cool:

Deleted User - 341074

the point i'm trying to make here is that the trader guild is good for cities that need to catch up to other cities. but lots of people are obviously researching things faster than they can come up w/ more new things to research. the trader guild isn't very useful at that point.
Just wait until players start using those Portal Profit spells. I have ~100 of them for 500% portal fill, and others have more. I'm legit worried that I'll be able to complete chapter 14 in a couple of weeks when they release it. I don't know how they plan to balance those- I can only see very fast chapters for those who have them, or very slow chapters for those with none. The middle ground would be very hard to find.

m4rt1n

Adept
Just wait until players start using those Portal Profit spells. I have ~100 of them for 500% portal fill, and others have more. I'm legit worried that I'll be able to complete chapter 14 in a couple of weeks when they release it. I don't know how they plan to balance those- I can only see very fast chapters for those who have them, or very slow chapters for those with none. The middle ground would be very hard to find.

A different topic but I dislike them and didn't understand why they were introduced unless Inno plan an early finish to the project Elvenar and move on.

Deleted User - 341074

@FieryArien
This got me thinking. Chapters ask you to fill the portal 3.5-12 times, and your level 1 BTG is carrying 6% of that load.
Let's pretend your BTG is doing 10% of the work, and your chapter needs 10 portal fills.
A portal profit building pumps out 25x5% for 125% fill. If you don't perfectly collect from it, you can still easily get 20 from it.

Basically, a single little 2x2 trading post or a 2x3 Elvenade Supply Carriage is better than a level 5 BTG

m4rt1n

Adept
It was worse with the Enar Embassy, one Broken Shard a week when you can fill it with 10 easily from casually playing the tournament and now sets produce them daily. Several of the pre Orcs wonders are in desperate need of a revamp.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I aim to build them all and upgrade them all fully at games end, then start again in another world,

Not planning on starting again in another world, but I'm also building all wonders. Not sure if I'll ever reach max level :D But I also thought that I wont reach level 6 with all wonders. Currently I have all wonders except Amuni ones built. My next goal will be level 10. I do try to get all upgraded no matter how pointless they seem.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Thanks everyone for the input. Very much appreciated! Based on what I read I decided to keep my BTG and upgrade it to level 6 (be)for(e) the next chapter.

Then of course another view angle was posted. :mad:
@FieryArien
This got me thinking. Chapters ask you to fill the portal 3.5-12 times, and your level 1 BTG is carrying 6% of that load.
Let's pretend your BTG is doing 10% of the work, and your chapter needs 10 portal fills.
A portal profit building pumps out 25x5% for 125% fill. If you don't perfectly collect from it, you can still easily get 20 from it.

Basically, a single little 2x2 trading post or a 2x3 Elvenade Supply Carriage is better than a level 5 BTG
I did have a Trading Post in the past and the help it provided through the Orcs chapter was more than sweet. With only leftover snowflakes (from last few daily quests and drops around the city) I chose the RNG to decide BTG’s fate. I did score 1 Trading Post! The BTG will go as soon as I fill that annoying last rune in my Shrewdy Shrooms wonder, so I have space to place it. ;)

PS: Before Portal Instants spells were implemented, I’d keep BTG. The arguments you guys posted were sound. However, space is the most precious “commodity” I have in this game and BTG does take more than the spell production. Also I already crafted two 15% Portal Profit spells in the MA. They show up very rarely, but this source doesn’t even take any space at all.

Pauly7

Magus
I never built it because the big comedy bee looks daft... I have the same opinion of the Trading Outpost.