• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Blocking trades from sertain people

DeletedUser8217

You only have a blacklist with people you don't want to see any trade from.
This way you can block out people for demanding insane trades.

As an example: player A keeps putting up trades like 10.000 planks and demands 20.000 marble or iron for it. this is without the traders fee.
Same person puts up a 1:1 trade with T1 and T3 so like 10k marble for 10k elixer or a 1:2 trade for marble to silk.

I would like an ability to block this player so I won't see any of his trades any more.
it solves: I won't get frustrated if I see his trades and I know other players are getting frustrated at this player as well.
Sending in game mail won't help for he plays mobile only.

DeletedUser5093

The down side to this is if that player eventually changed their ways and started posting reasonable trades, then you wouldn't see those trades, and that player would also have lower take-up of decent trades due to people still filtering them out. A better solution would be to filter based on a particular ratio or star rating that you set.

Timneh

Artisan
This is a very annoying issue and sentient goods seem to be even worse then T1, T2 and T3 goods. There have been a lot of posts asking for something to be done to help filter out those trades but like normal they seem to have fallen on deaf ears where INNO are concerned.
Part of the problem (in my opinion) is that people must be taking those trades or the people posting them would stop as it would be a waste of their time. I would actually love to see cross tier trades removed from the game but i know that will never happen.

DeletedUser5532

Same person puts up a 1:1 trade with T1 and T3 so like 10k marble for 10k elixer or a 1:2 trade for marble to silk.

It is not possible to put a trade in, 10k marble for 10k elixr, nor is it possible to trade 1:2 marble to silk.

Trades are always up to the player, and it is up to each of us to decide what we consider fair, and what we do not. Forcing these opinions on others through restrictive trades can not be good for the game.

My own view is that cross tier trades should be 1:2 , not 1:4, and that same tier trades should also be 1:2, non boost:boost.

If we all had our way then there would be no solution .

I believe it all boils down to personal value, as something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it .

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@Heartman The problem comes when ridiculous trades are only posted in the hope someone accidentally robs themselves by clicking on it (as I believe many are). The OP isn't asking to restrict what trades can be posted - just that the person browsing trades can filter stuff out. I have had the same neighbour post the same rip off trades for 2 years, and in that time I have accidentally agreed to 5, maybe 10 of them. If the trades didn't jump around in order in the list after accepting one, this wouldn't be an issue either.....

DeletedUser5532

When I look at trades, I use the material filter, this means that there are far less trades on each view, and less chance that the trades will move on me. As the trades are arranged in order of amount and stars, it is very easy to avoid mistakes.

Timneh

Artisan
That still does not stop you from seeing the rediculous trades. Every time i open the trader i see people asking for 4 times more than the amount they are offering i.e offer 1000 steel but ask for 4000 planks, same kind of thing in T2, T3 and sentient goods. It would be nice if those trades could be filtered out

DeletedUser5532

You can ignore them of course. Everyone has a different view on what is a fair trade and what is not, that is the nature of the game. Some people like to make a profit on a trade, others do not mind losing to help out. The game allows these trades, and the trades are given in the order of the star rating/quantity. Simply start from the top, and when you get to a stage which you think is unfair, simply stop looking. Its really quite easy to do you know.

m4rt1n

Adept
Most of the ridiculous trades on Arendyll are for Sentient goods, pages every day, mostly by the same 3 players, one a fairly big poster here on the forums, and one of my fellows who lives nearby says its the same with all goods traded by that player. :(

It's a huge problem on the app where you cannot filter fellowship, just the individual goods and the ones without a trader fee, which is all of them now I approach 500 provinces solved. :(

There are many threads discussing the trader and many suggestions, but a simple overhaul of the filters would solve 99% of players issues, both on app and PC versions. :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
IMO this is nothing to do with supply and demand and the market finding a fair price. This is unscrupulous players taking advantage of poor interface design to profit from other players, haste, impatience, accidents. In RL I am allowed to not answer the door or hang up the phone on a conman. In Elvenar I'm forced to play Russian roulette with the conman's ripoff trades if I am in a hurry or tired or whatever.

m4rt1n

Adept
Latency on the app is the biggest problem in my opinion when it comes to accidental trade taking. I could be taking 5 identical trades fairly quickly all by the same player and suddenly the app list has jumbled and I have taken a huge 0*.
It makes me feel upset.
If nothing else is done surely a pop up similar to accidentally spending diamonds such as "Are you sure you want to take this unfair trade?" has to be better than the current situation.

DeletedUser8217

Reading the reactions I understand this is a big problem for many people and blocking players won't happen.
Then make an option to block unfair trades.
I don't consider a trade that becomes a 1 star with the traders fee an unfair trade but everything that was 1 star or even a 0 star to start of with as an unfair trade.
Now we can block none fellowship trades but I rather give that up for the blocking of unfair trades.
If this would be possible the players putting up unfair trades will notice they don't get be picked and hopefully they wise up.
I, like most of you, don't like these kind of players and would rather ignore them for a ferry long time.

FieryArien

Necromancer
(App player here. Browser used very rarely. And being in the middle of Halflings, I’m dreading the next chapter when my trader opens up to sentient goods.)

A possibility to block certain player(s) would actually help my trader immensely. Vast majority of the awful trades come from the same few players. Even if the block was temporary (for example for 6 days or what is the max duration of trade; or or even for a session), it would help me.

It's a huge problem on the app where you cannot filter fellowship,
This is huge pain. I can’t politely express how much I hate the fact Inno gave us useless “no fee” filter in place of “fellowship” filter which was already being used in browser!

Latency on the app is the biggest problem in my opinion when it comes to accidental trade taking. I could be taking 5 identical trades fairly quickly all by the same player and suddenly the app list has jumbled and I have taken a huge 0*.
Yes, several times did I take the rip-off trades thanks to this. It’s unpleasant; and what really pisses me off is that it encourages the other player to keep posting them. My trading sessions now take three times as long, because I slowed down to avoid these accidents. In significant number of cases I don’t bother going manually through trader altogether and that hurts small players whose trades I otherwise take (same tier, no matter the combination).

Simply start from the top, and when you get to a stage which you think is unfair, simply stop looking. Its really quite easy to do you know.
Then make an option to block unfair trades.
I don't consider a trade that becomes a 1 star with the traders fee an unfair trade but everything that was 1 star or even a 0 star to start of with as an unfair trade.
Sadly, neither of those would work. The rating system puts 2-3 stars on pretty bad cross-tier trades.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I certainly think the trader could be very easily improved by offering a few more options in regards to filters. As an example, these days I find myself wading through page after page of cross-tier trades which I have no intention of taking so would be great to have an option to exclude them in the trader. Equally, it would be very useful to be able to exclude within-tier trades that are being offered at a ridiculous ratio as has already been mentioned several times. Offering extra trader filters is yet another of those changes which would be relatively simple to implement, offer great benefit to players but suspect it's likely to be ignored by Inno.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I certainly think the trader could be very easily improved by offering a few more options in regards to filters.

Absolutely agree. However this has been suggested so many times and welcomed by the players each time. Cross Tier filter, Star Rating (or goods ratio) filter, etc. But still we have a totally useless filter in the mobile app when the very good fellowship filter was readily available. Why? It's frustrating, but just like you, I think that

it's likely to be ignored by Inno.

:(:(

DeletedUser8735

Would be good if we could sort the trader...

by ratings or trader

this would help with placing the nil stars and 1 star trades at the bottom of the list.