• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Bleak Friday!!! Discussion Thread

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Forum Competition: Bleak Friday!!!

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jake65

Sage
Clavated Snood sounds delicious :D

kimkimkim

Summoner
well done! I'm usually good at these but I am stumped on few......time to work me brain harder eh :confused:

Sir Derf

Adept
@imikkimmk

I will admit, I was down to one left and went to an anagram solver. I didn't recognize separate words it provided, but an incorrect word had me look back at Elvenar at a category of words I had not considered and found the right answer.

Sir Derf

Adept
We'll see if they allow this post to stay up...

I had asked if these three observations, should be either added to the rules/explanations, or provided as an official post. They were not, but they were confirmed.

• 1 word clues have 1 word answers, 2 word clues have 2 word answers.
  • For 2 word clues, the clue could have scrambled all letters, and not just scrambled word by word.
  • For 2 word clues, the clue might not represent the proper number of letters for the two words in the answer.

Sir Derf

Adept
Apparently, if one were to perform plastic surgery on a turkey, shaping the pendulous flap of skin over the beak into a club shape, then you would have a CLAVATED SNOOD.

Sir Derf

Adept
Apparently, if you are a communist sympathizer living near Santa Cruz, California, USA, you might be a GLENWOOD PINKEST.

Sir Derf

Adept
If a cargo ship containing tools meant for securing wood while it is being shaped or glued, if it was sent back to the manufacturer because of failure to pay import duties, then those tools might be said to be...

DENIED VISES.

Sir Derf

Adept
Something something slow cooking chef, blahbity blah-blah bush fruit...

BARBERRY STEWER.

Hey, they can't all be winners... :cool: