• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Black Friday Offer

m4rt1n

Adept
£75 for 3 Artifacts, that's not Black Friday, it's April Fools Day.

Also what have the 33% and 48% got to do with anything as Artifacts have never been for sale before so that is FALSE and MISLEADING advertising and I am sure that breaks UK and EU trading laws.

Extortion comes to mind...

Last edited:

DeletedUser664

I've been waiting for over a week for Pet Food to show up in my Magic Academy as an option. I've been totally out for days now.

Then lo and behold! I can get 30 Pet Food for $80. Just wow. That's some coincidence.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Yeah the 33% discount seems to imply that Artifacts are normally £18.75 each, but we've never had them for sale before, so you can't really say 6 for £75 is a 33% discount.

How about a premium expansions discount and/or magic buildings discount for Black Friday?...

DeletedUser8632

Well, at least we finally have an answer about "How can we get Artifacts".

You know what, Inno? F.. you. I am not participating in this farce anymore.

Edit: I just realised that buying the artifacts to fully upgrade a Phoenix costs more than a brand new Nintendo Switch PLUS Zelda CotW. Hmm.. difficult decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser392

I don't log in and post here very much, but this takes the cake.

I know that there are folks out there who buy big bundles (those huge diamond packs must be there for someone) but £75 for 3 artifacts and 30 food if you want bears or phonixes, and £75 for 6 artifacts if you want mermaids and harvest (but only those two, so you had best have missed those specific two and not a different combination).

The thing is, the artifact price at £12.50 each is a bit high, but not too bad, but to only let us buy 6 at a time, or 3 at a time if we buy an equal value in food.... Nah, your alright.

Yesterday I was really looking forward to this, once a year a chance to actually target artifacts didn't seem too bad, and I had £20 to £25 st aside to get 2 or 3. But this crosses a line, I am not paying that much.

If a Switch and Zelda isn't your bag, a fully upgraded phoenix also costs about the same as two thirds of an Oculus Quest mobile VR set up.

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
I agree with all of that above comments. Especially on the subject of being sale items. They have never been on sale before, therefore there can not be a discount. As such the current offer should be withdrawn, single items offered at a fixed and full price, followed by a sale price. The only other correct procedure would be a BOGOF offer. The irony of the last statement will probably be lost on you guys at Inno :)

DeletedUser8632

If you look at the whole picture, the scope of Inno's incompetence is just staggering. And I do not mean that as an insult, I mean it as an objective assessment. There is a treasure trove of 15 years of successfully monetizing online games examples out there if you just sit down put some effort into understanding it. And with a game like this, the potential is substantial:

- Offer previous event buildings, including sets and grand prizes. I would pay for some of them
- Implement a gift exchange, allow FS member to buy other FS members gifts in form of event buildings or diamonds
- Offer ELR, UUU and MMM sets for money
- ... so so so many more reasonable options to earn money.

But no, you decided it would be best to make a sale for Artifacts. Not just 1 Artifact, mind you. To make sure you piss off everybody who only needs 1 or 2 Artifacts you decided 3 is the minimum. With a price tag of 27 Euro each. On Black Friday.

Now, lets just forget about that fact that putting an arbitrary percentage on an arbitrary price tag does not exactly qualify as a "sale" but how in the world do you justify something like that?

And I am insulted by how stupid Inno thinks their players are.

-

Deleted User - 106219

Notice how the offer merely lists percentages, without explaining what those percentages are? Also, technically this cannot be called a discount, since there's no plus or minus signs anywhere. A plus sign would imply added value while a minus sign would imply a decreased price (at least that;s how it usually is), but here we have just percentages that seem random and meaningless.

Inno is a german company and Germany is part of the EU, right? Doesn't the EU have laws for this kind of thing?

Timneh

Artisan
In my time playing this game every single "discount offer" i have seen has (in my opinion) not been worth the money so now i don't even bother to read them, i just dissmiss them.
I would be interested to read how they can claim to offer something at a discount when that item has never been offered for sale before.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
take a look everywhere else, a black friday deal is a monetary discount, not at Inno. if they actually had 50% off the diamond price packs, im sure people would buy them. Inno are just greedy and offering nothing of actual value.

alsael

Enchanter
with 80$ you can buy 16,000 diamonds(with 100% offer deal) or 3 artifacts+30 pet food.Tough choice:p.Inno get real and offer something worth our money...

m4rt1n

Adept
Notice how the offer merely lists percentages, without explaining what those percentages are? Also, technically this cannot be called a discount, since there's no plus or minus signs anywhere. A plus sign would imply added value while a minus sign would imply a decreased price (at least that;s how it usually is), but here we have just percentages that seem random and meaningless.

Inno is a german company and Germany is part of the EU, right? Doesn't the EU have laws for this kind of thing?

Yes, the EU does have laws covering such sale discounts.
As far as I am aware, the item has to have been on sale for 3 consecutive weeks at the higher price in the last 12 months for the discount price promotion to be legal.
Common practice used by lots of companies is to sell items at an inflated price in late January, so they can legally show discounts for the rest of the year, but here Artifacts and Pet Food have never been for sale at any price before so the discounts shown break the law in the UK and EU in my opinion.

They also insult all Inno games players and Inno games loyal customers.

Last edited:

Errandil

Conjurer
I'm honestly amazed by this royal rip-off. Sell a bundle of artifacts each costing like a finished single-player game. Seriously? I do spend money on microtransactions in f2p games, actually more than I'd like. But I do it when I get something I consider valuable in return. Even if I hadn't evolved my fire phoenix I couldn't possibly enjoy a 15% damage boost for a price of a finished AAA game. The fun thing is, I'm sure that if they were offering 9 artifacts $1 each a lot of players would buy it even having a fire phoenix, because others are decent, just not that good. But somehow Inno fail to see "micro" in microtransactions and expect players to spend significant amount of money for a single purchase.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Notice how the offer merely lists percentages, without explaining what those percentages are? Also, technically this cannot be called a discount, since there's no plus or minus signs anywhere.

It has to be a discount because, taking the final offer (6 Artifacts / 33%), if it was 33% extra free that'd mean that the price would normally be for 4.5 Artifacts and the 33% gets you an extra 1.5 free! Artifacts are discreet units, you don't get half of one!

m4rt1n

Adept
It has to be a discount because, taking the final offer (6 Artifacts / 33%), if it was 33% extra free that'd mean that the price would normally be for 4.5 Artifacts and the 33% gets you an extra 1.5 free! Artifacts are discreet units, you don't get half of one!

How can it be any discount when none of the items have ever been offered for sale before.

Discounted from what? Inno's Dissolution.