• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Black Friday Offer

DeletedUser8632

Looks like another instance of mysterious and meaningless percentage values shown on "sale" items, as usually seen during Inno's "sales" of Event Currency.
I've already whinged about this in another thread, though, so I'll just link to it here, to avoid double-posting: Post in "Misleading Advertising" Thread.

Very well prepared post, not a single word I disagree with but even more than that a very comprehensive summary that very concisely outlines the issues the are at the very least questionable but likely at least in some instances unethically.

And I don't care about how "other companies are doing the same". This is not a competition about comparative deception.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
No, I completely disagree. Mind you, I have no issue with premium content but:

1) I wouldn't mind spending somewhat between €5 to €10 Euro a month on diamonds or nice, useful buildings. Turns out that is not necessary because Inno keeps throwing currency generators at us every event and now in the Spire as well.

2) The Fire Phoenix is becoming an increasingly mandatory building. If a player was dumb enough to build the wrong Phoenix, we are in an increasingly disadvantaged situation. Not only in tournaments but the new peer-pressure feature of the Spire makes not having a Fire Phoenix a severe handicap.
Inno's price gauging on this is unethical and questionable.

It is always necessary, you can always use more diamonds, I think the fact they gift a lot of diamonds is nice for them.

I started to play after the phoenix event, so I have no fire phoenix, unfortunately (but got the brown and panda bear to lv10 during the event.) If you are in a non-peer pressure FS, you will be okay. Maybe you won't get your 10th chest every week. Now, you decide, paying 300 diamonds, or putting hours to grind with the bears in the tournaments, and concerning about not keeping up with the pressure (again, you can play in a less aggressive FS.)

DeletedUser8632

It is always necessary, you can always use more diamonds, I think the fact they gift a lot of diamonds is nice for them.

I started to play after the phoenix event, so I have no fire phoenix, unfortunately (but got the brown and panda bear to lv10 during the event.) If you are in a non-peer pressure FS, you will be okay. Maybe you won't get your 10th chest every week. Now, you decide, paying 300 diamonds, or putting hours to grind with the bears in the tournaments, and concerning about not keeping up with the pressure (again, you can play in a less aggressive FS.)

1) Its nice. Its also utterly incomprehensible. This is the first ever game I play where the developers give you the means and tools to farm in-game currency. In terms of sustainability this incredibly bewildering. But, yeah, its nice.

2) I'm fairly sure I didn't say anything about FS. In fact, I am very likely in one of the nicest and most cooperative FS around. So, no, that is not the point. The point is this:
A new feature involving combat is introduced, like the Spire. Feedback from players is twofold: Some say the combat is too difficult/costly but the majority says it is still barely ok. This majority has a Fire Phoenix. So the feedback and assessment of a feature depends heavily on a group of people that has a substantial combat advantage. Likewise, the development of new combat features will always take into consideration that the majority of players has a Fire Phoenix. This may be slightly exaggerated but if you do not have a Fire Phoenix you are and will always be at a disadvantage. You need more troops, more resources to build these troops and more resources to cater for encounters you can't win.