• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Best AW

Didee

Seeker
In your opinion, which are the "must have" AWs? The best combination? Because someone can't have them all. :)

Hekata

Artisan
It depends if you want to mostly trade or mostly fight :) But the must have for both IMO are the Golden Abyss - lots of pop and coins on just 9 squares, the Prosperity Towers - best building for supplies and the Dragon Abbey for mana. The rest, as I said, depends if you want to fight or trade.

DeletedUser1874

Disclaimer: the following reflects my very personal priorities, if your playstyle differs - e.g. you went for an early Tome, or have a ton of Magic Residences, or do not possess certain key event buildings - your mileage will vary. This should be obvious, but since some are drawn to polemics, I figured I'd point it out preemptively.

1) GA and MH for the maximum space-saving and nice economic boosts;
2) Needles/FA/VS balanced with SSS/DB/Armories as to have the maximum number of troops produced overnight, with the training buildings never left idling;
3) "Sustainability helpers": ETC, PT, MM, Simia, Sunset, PoP
4) Quality of life stuff/commodities: Timewarp, BTG
5) Various type-specific unit boosters (Forge, Toads, DA*)
6) Nigh-useless stuff: Tome, Maze, Throne of the High Men (don't care about rank), Broken Staircase thing, Endless Excavation, the two Lighthouses,
7) Utterly useless stuff: Enar's Embassy.

* DA goes up some tiers unless you have those very powerful sets with which you'll never run out of mana no matter what, Maze doesn't - too big, and who cares about decay when you can pop spells on demand with DA?

Of course prioritizing is worthless if you use a throng of multiaccounts to get all of your AWs to level 30 a couple of days after unlocking them. It's theoretically against the rules, but de facto allowed, so yeah.

P.s. @Hekata is certainly right in saying much depends on whether one decides to focus on trading/catering or fighting, but it's worth pointing out that catering past a certain threshold in tournaments, in the endgame, is mathematically impossible. I'm pointing it out because I had to learn the hard way - found myself facing a huge obstacle when I reached said endgame, after having merrily catered my way up until then, because I had ignored war-oriented AWs.

Pauly7

Magus
@Vetrinus I'll disagree with you about Endless Excavation. It's much better than the corresponding sized workshop for supplies so that makes it a no-brainer for me.

So long as you aren't averse to fighting I believe the most important AW is Needles of the Tempest. It differs from other troop boosters in that it also increases training speed. It's essential for everyone except sole caterers.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
@Vetrinus I'll disagree with you about Endless Excavation. It's much better than the corresponding sized workshop for supplies so that makes it a no-brainer for me.

So long as you aren't averse to fighting I believe the most important AW is Needles of the Tempest. It differs from other troop boosters in that it also increases training speed. It's essential for everyone except sole caterers.
ive always done those 2 combined. Needles is great, but when you level it you get out of hammers so fast, so i level it combined with the excavation so i can keep my hammers in balance

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I plan to build all of them. So far, I have at level 6 all until orcs (building their portal so...), and then, the BTG is level 7, and Bulwark is working to level 7.

DeletedUser1874

Well, evidently our playstyles are very different if you manage with 20% (920k in Chapter XV) supplies @ level 30 in. I wouldn't be able to live off that, whereas a measly level 6 PT is enough to keep me stocked even when burnings millions of supplies (and the fact that it has such good returns even at such a low level saved me thousands of KPs). Again, different playstyles will obviously alter priorities.