• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Battle Redesign

DeletedUser1614

GREAT BATTLE REDESIGN REALLY AWESOME:

My friend battle great chance to win haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

image.png

366 archers II
366 sword dancers II
91 sorc II
61 golem II
61 golem II

first round golems down archer down dancer down in 2 hits sorc down in round nr 2 its not even possible to get close enemy with mele units to strike enemy that should get down from attack because of stats saying he is beatable by special kind of unit example. archer versus golem what ? archer kills 7 golems in 1 strike then golem squad hit once and archers die hahahha what a piece of crap was maded here

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Really like this game but as I cant win any battles it seems pointless. The powers that be must see this is not good and surely they dont want to loose people?

I would suggest you take a stroll through any of the update discussions to see if the Devs listen to the players, then make a decision on if you think they care about players leaving.

DeletedUser2593

the worst update ever. now i can't win encounters, no matter what troops i take, just because i scouted too many provinces...

DeletedUser1974

People I understand your frustration, but the new battle system is NEW, so it will take some adjustment. There is a great doc out on the net that really helps. Its not my doc so I do not want to add the link. (elvenar new battle system facebook)

DeletedUser363

The adjustment needs to be done by INNO, they have ignored the problems whilst it was only on Beta, despite all the problems being continuously raised over there. It maybe new to us, but if beta players are STILL having the problems of encounters being unwinnable then they can't just say 'oh it's new, get used to it'. They are driving more and more players away due to their unilateral enforcement of new rules and conditions in the game

DeletedUser1974

I have lost players in my fellowship as well, before they give it some time. I think there still needs to be some re-balancing, which some are being addressed in the next version update, but I have been fighting and winning in tournaments, I haven't tried provinces yet since my scout is still out.

Just trying to help lighten the mood, that it is still possible to win, just need to change the strategy.

DeletedUser2571

As it stands now, I have to research aprox 3000 KP's in order to have a chance at fighting again.
Improve troop quality to be on par with the troops I meet.
Get some squad size upgrades, so its no longer 1:2.5 but only 1:1.5.

That is 20 weeks, to be back where I was a few days ago.
I can understand the want, even need for change. But this is no fun.

Next time they have an 'improvement' a somewhat smoother transition would be appreciated.

Lifereaper

Novice
Appreciate that things can change in a game like this, things need to evolve to stay interesting. However this is ridculous. You can throw out everything you know about fighting till this point. Then, factor in about 3 times the losses if you want to continue fighting for provinces. Troops train twice as fast to compensate right? WRONG. This has COMPLETELY broken what was previously very good game balance.
In any developed city players will have balance of armouries, barracks level and supply workshops for troop production requirements. In a game that allready makes it very difficult to redesign cities players are now back to square one in having to plot out troop production and supply requirments. There is no space for more workshops and armouries? Then go out and claim more lands. Oh wait, think I see the flaw here... Really unhappy with these changes, one team mate allready left, thinking I will follow.

DeletedUser2553

I'm quite new to the game, have tryed it out some months ago, and was now going to give it a good fair chance. Was happy until the changes the other day, I had flow with money and materials, all in balance. Was working to get one more new land spot to be able to build more (shake her head). Can't build anymore or gab more land as I can't fight the npc's, numbers doesn't add up.

npc_fight_zpsbvyaf5rl.png

424 vs my 180 :rolleyes:

~~

doesnt_add_up_zpsjdnqgy6d.png

520 vs my 180 :confused:

So no building or fights for a very very long time, just slowly get more money, materials and put in points and slowly slowly grow to become a big girl with muscles so I can fight this kind of big crowds down.. somewhere in the future..not fun..no :(

I have even stop training anymore soldiers, was of money and materials as I can't take the out in the wild.

DeletedUser2233

i have seen it happend in an other game ,changes specially the wrong kind ,can cost a game to go belly up .It happend before .Not listening to youre gamers will do this .Eventually they had to turn the changes back ,but it was already too late the gamers would not return .

DeletedUser1829

Can't build anymore or gab more land as I can't fight the npc's, numbers doesn't add up.
You will need to research your military techs, your troops are woefully outnumbered and you are not suppose to win that fight.squad of 36:104 very approx 1:3 you are not meant to win anything at 1:2 or more. The squad size techs add up fairly quickly, see the tables I posted earlier.

It maybe new to us, but if beta players are STILL having the problems of encounters being unwinnable then they can't just say 'oh it's new, get used to it'.
Actually people on beta are winning battles and have been since the start. There are 2 distinct groups of players in this update.
  1. Those with expansions beyond where Inno expects us to be - Sadly these people cannot win fights and that has been disclosed and explained. Like it or not it is what it is and we can't change that we just need to let our techs catch up to our expansions. Inno has accepted it is their fault the situation got to this stage and apologised for it and the impact of the adjustment for it.
  2. Those at the expected stage of expansion - These people are meant to be able to win fights and need to ensure they have the right technologies researched and learn how the new system works

Really like this game but as I cant win any battles it seems pointless.

Flowing on from above if you are in the second group of players and still can't win I would suggest you post details of the battle here to be forwarded to the devs. That is what is happening on beta, if you did the same here I am sure someone would pass it on just the same. You would have to include information like tech era, provinces scouted, troop details and fight details or similar information.

Regardless of which category you fall into patience is needed.

DeletedUser363

1. Those with expansions beyond where Inno expects us to be - Sadly these people cannot win fights and that has been disclosed and explained. Like it or not it is what it is and we can't change that we just need to let our techs catch up to our expansions. Inno has accepted it is their fault the situation got to this stage and apologised for it and the impact of the adjustment for it.
  2. Those at the expected stage of expansion - These people are meant to be able to win fights and need to ensure they have the right technologies researched and learn how the new system works

I know people at all stages of the tech tree, with points from 2000 upwards, and not a single one of them can win a single fight...out of 47 I have spoken to since the update ...this is NOT how things are supposed to be. Patience is the one thing everyone is getting tired of finding for a game that is supposed to be fun. I have spent about 15 months on this thing and am tired of seeing players leave due to the mess INNO is making of the game play now.

DeletedUser1614

to Mykan: Tell me how to win this ? i chose province where is just 4 squads of enemy troops on rest are lot more squads and i picked each squad which should down enemy squad with new battle redesign. And ofc I use each troops to strike enemy with - % of mine troop attack

Additional info: 285 provinces
martial monastery lvl 15
needless of the tempest lvl 5

Orcs tech tree done

Battle.png

and here we have the results

Battle_Lost.png

and that what i post before squads of troops should be as possible equal

if 8xx withces vs around 7xx + sorcs
7xx steinlings vs 6xx+ golems

not 8xx witches and just 2xx - sorcs is unfightable

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
  1. Those at the expected stage of expansion - These people are meant to be able to win fights and need to ensure they have the right technologies

Yeah, that's the funny bit about this update. Inno pretty much FORCES people to play at a certain pace or be forever scrwed out of winning fights. However, that expected space means your game slows down A LOT, because you lack the space to upgrade your buildings lots or have a lot of manu's. On top of that, you need space for Magic Crapademy, armories are required for Orcs and now you need space for another military building if you want to get all the units.

Despite what our Community Manager may be saying, the consequences of this update are far beyond just a battle rebalancing. It touches ALL the aspects of gameplay and city management, and the overall consequence is a (much) slower rate of expansion which will lead to frustration and people quitting (if they haven't already).

Beta players across the board were unhappy with the changes, regardless if they could still win an occasional fight. It's just not a great system for the players.

DeletedUser1829

to Mykan: Tell me how to win this ?

Battle.png

Sadly you fall into the first group of players I mentioned above and Inno has designed it so you cannot or should not be able to win this fight. Negotiation is your only option until they update that area to fall in line with combat.

DeletedUser2233

Sadly you fall into the first group of players I mentioned above and Inno has designed it so you cannot or should not be able to win this fight. Negotiation is your only option until they update that area to fall in line with combat.

Maybe mykan can enlighten me when you are in lign for the win ? Like ever ? Or is it you can only win when all is exactly to the point .Updated and all ? And ofcourse with all the AW 's in place .Other then that you are likely to loose .Whats the point of a barrack where you can not train youre recruts .They loose so i guess they are not trained then .But back to the first point when are you espected to win ? Because i only need 3 more provincies for this chapter .If i can not win them with my squads ,then i can not open de box for next chapter .So what else do i need then .Sure i can go on goods and open them ,but that renders my squads usseles .

DeletedUser1614

nope i didnt fall into any group because my squads size was always far away from enemy squd size even previous chapter when i didnt have scouted 200 province enemys size was 2-3 times bigger than mine always. This is Inno fault to put some update without really checking it is works

DeletedUser

I tried some fights and got annihilated. So then, I experimented with the fights: I tried a Level One Tournament fight (I usually just pay to cater), and *just barely* scraped a win. If I can only just barely scrape a win on a Level One Tournament fight, something is seriously wrong. Stymying the rate of progress too by limiting how many provinces you can solve - effectively penalising your *good* players - really sucks. Do these people not know how good game play works? This game is not fun anymore.