• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Bears and Phoenixes

Hi, I don't have any bears or phoenixes and am wondering what the best way to get hold of them is: I think bears come up in the MA and phoenixes come up in events? I haven't been able to find any info on bears on Wiki and would like to know which bears help most with the tourney and spire? Many thanks.

Avaline

Alchemist
Hi, you can craft them both in MA but it will take a while just make sure you have plenty Blueprints to craft artifacts as well.

Jake65

Sage
Quick summary of feeding effect relating to tourney/spire:
The bold ones give a direct effect while you are participating in the tourney/spire, the others more help for preparation.

Brown Bear increases troop training size
Polar Bear reduces time between tournament rounds
Red Panda gives additional goods

Fire Phoenix increases damage done by your troops
Twilight Phoenix revives some of your troops lost in battle
Astral Phoenix reduces the cost of spire negotiations
Aureate Phoenix increases goods production
Storm Phoenix increases effect of MM spell on goods production

I think this has them covered but if anyone else can please add/correct where necessary.

You'll need to decide beforehand which ones you'd like to build so that, for example, you don't use up artefacts on a Storm Phoenix and then a Fire pops up for crafting but it's stuck at level 1 due to no artefacts.

Hope this helps :)

MinervaOz

Enchanter
Brown Bear increases troop training size
A bit pedantic, but it's actually a production bonus rather than an increase in training size. The difference is that the extra troops are free and the training time is not increased. (The AW Simia Sapiens works the same way.) With an increase in training size you have to 'pay' to train the troops with supplies (and the time increases).

One additional point: the polar bear is worth placing and feeding even if you only have the base. Even a small decrease in cooldown time can mean you can fit in an extra tournament round.

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Mentor
One additional point: the polar bear is worth placing and feeding even if you only have the base. Even a small decrease in cooldown time can mean you can fit in an extra tournament round.
I will take your word for it @MinervaOz. I rely on my Timewarp AW for that one though. Swings-and-roundabouts. :)

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I will take your word for it @MinervaOz. I rely on my Timewarp AW for that one though. Swings-and-roundabouts. :)
Indeed, but it takes time to get to that point. A polar bear, even without artifacts, can be useful to players in earlier chapters.

For the record, it needs a Timewarp at level 30 and a polar bear at level 10 to achieve 0 cooldown.

SkyRider99

Mentor
My Timewarp is only L17, so I get -50% cool-down. I want more of course, but -50% gives me an edge. Oh, the slow march of progress. :cool: