• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Balancing the amount of candy in mystical objects

Gargon667

Mentor
I suggest an increase of the amount of candy in mystical objects to 500.
The probability of receiving candy does from the object does not matter greatly and can be used to lower or raise the total amount of event currency during the event.

Explanation: Events were nerfed for rewards (last 2 events), this was necessary and I do not suggest you change this back. However the amount of event currency in the mystical objects has not been adjusted to account for this fact. AS a result it has become rather common practice to not open any objects during events. The reason for this is not only that some people simply don´t like the events, but also that it simply has become a bad idea to open them, even if you do like events (like myself)! I have not opened an object in 2 events now and will continue to do so until the game makes it beneficial t do so. I will try to prove the point why it is a bad idea to open objects during an event with examples from the carnival event that just finished:

Typical rewards from the objects:
- 35 KP
- 5x10 KP instants
- 8x8 h time boosts
- buildings
- diamonds (not an option in events, therefore not comparable, but certainly the best prize possible in the objects)

Lets see what we can do with 150 candy in the event looking for similar rewards:
Purple chest (161 candy):
- daily prize (including 4x8h boost, 30 KP instant or buildings comparable to the object)
- 30 KP instant
- 20 KP
- Portal profit
- 500 Candy

So if I open the mystical object and get candy, I still need to gain 11 more candy, to open the purple chest, which will then give me only half as much rewards as the mystical object would have given me. So that is a big "no thank you" from me (unless the absolutely only thing I want from an event is Portal Profit spells, which is not the case). Or I can gain 500 Candy (at 5% chance). This is what I think the mystical object should give to become an interesting choice, because it is also one of the main reasons why the purple chest is one of the more interesting chests in the game.

2 x Red Chest (2x85=170 candy)

- 2x daily prizes (2x4x8h = 8x8h or 2x30KP instant)
- 2x 2x5h boosters = 4x5h
- 2x 8KP =16KP
- 2x200 candy = 400 Candy

2 red chests will cost 20 candy more than we get from the object and benefit us with similar rewards ONLY if we ALWAYS get the daily prize. So in the unrealistic best case scenario we still loose 20 candy :( Any other scenario and we loos again half of the rewards or more unless we gain the 400 Candy.

These are 2 of the best chest in the event and the ones easiest to compare. Obviously many other factors like evolving the grand prize on one side and diamonds on the other etc. factor into the end result, but I think the picture is rather clear, you loose 50% of your rewards or more if you open mystical objects during an event. Not a good incentive to open objects. I assume the intention of adding event currency to the objects was to make us open MORE objects during the event instead of stopping us from doing so. If we assume half rewards are more or less accurate an amount of 300 candy in the object, would get closer to offer same rewards, but I would only open objects with high chance for rewards I don´t like, but when I get a good object (or any chance of diamonds) i would still not open it during an event. therefore I suggest 500 candy. Any less than that cannot be called an incentive to open objects. Otherwise simply delete the candy option altogether and let us open objects as usual between events.

Hekata

Artisan
I agree that the amount of event currency in the MO should be increased. 150 or 200 seems too little for the effort (time + CC) needed to complete a MO.
However I don't agree event currency should be removed from the MO because even that small amount can help.
For instance the daily prize I wanted (balloon of the Dragon) was almost at the end of the event. I spent some candies trying to get boosters and some other stuff I wanted but saved what I though was enough candies to get the balloon. Turns out I was very unlucky and just couldn't get that daily prize. I didn't collect the MO since the beginning of the event so I did it then. I got candies a few times in row and manged to get my balloon.
I didn't find the grand prize interesting this time but if it was something like a Phoenix those candies could have made the difference between 8 and 9 artifacts.
Since VV don't go to waste and you can accumulate as many MO as you want I don't see a downside at having some currency in it. Especially when we have a fixed questline and a limited amount of currency available.

DeletedUser3571

I agree its to low an amount for me to open chest during events. 500 would make me think before deciding,

AstralSoul

Illusionist
- diamonds (but certainly the best prize possible in the objects)

Why??? Don't tell me their versatility.

One typical chest:

20% 500 Diamonds (worth 500 Diamonds)
40% 35 KP (At 45 each, worth 1575 Diamonds)
40% 5x 8h Booster (About 40 each, worh 200 Diamonds)

We need to calculate to the base currency, diamonds in this case, and the numbers alone speak alone for what has a greater worth. Yet you get tricked with "20% chance - lowest" for the 500 Diamonds, worth less than the KP. Well, I am always glad when I get KP rather than diamonds. Even though, those diamonds are better than winter lampions or those awful trees, but...

DeletedUser5037

Ah ha! So that explains why I usually get the 500D or the 8H Boosters from an MO! They have the lower value!
You learn something new EVERY single day! ^_^

Sir Derf

Adept
Or the fact that, combined, 500D and 8H are 60% likely vs. 40% 35KP, and so are numerically 50% more likely to occur, or more colloquially, "usually". ;)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Or the fact that, combined, 500D and 8H are 60% likely vs. 40% 35KP, and so are numerically 50% more likely to occur, or more colloquially, "usually". ;)

But still is:

I'll give you $5 if you give me five bucks, with a chance of 20%
Or, I'll give you $15 worth in fresh food if you give me five bucks with a chance of 40%

They make it a lower drop, because they are pricing the diamond's versatility at three or four times their worth (so, 1 diamond is worth 4 diamonds due versatility, but in the end, real-life money = diamonds, so in the end, the single diamond is like one cent if we talk for dollars, it does not matter in what form.

You need to look closely to everything when it involves diamonds, boosting, or spending KP. Like, buying 3K dust with diamonds, or boosting with diamonds 3K worth of fabricated dust (with a better ratio as the manufacture grows, but don't forget gold, tools, and tiles.)

Sir Derf

Adept
AstralSoul, I was not talking for or against your suggestion of misvaluation. I was simply pointing out that Faldorin's tongue-in-cheek observation to "usually get the 500D or the 8H Boosters" is a direct consequence of those two options having a higher likelihood of occurring, at a combined 60% vs 40%.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
AstralSoul, I was not talking for or against your suggestion of misvaluation. I was simply pointing out that Faldorin's tongue-in-cheek observation to "usually get the 500D or the 8H Boosters" is a direct consequence of those two options having a higher likelihood of occurring, at a combined 60% vs 40%.

Correct, hence my "still" :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Why??? Don't tell me their versatility.

One typical chest:

20% 500 Diamonds (worth 500 Diamonds)
40% 35 KP (At 45 each, worth 1575 Diamonds)
40% 5x 8h Booster (About 40 each, worh 200 Diamonds)

We need to calculate to the base currency, diamonds in this case, and the numbers alone speak alone for what has a greater worth. Yet you get tricked with "20% chance - lowest" for the 500 Diamonds, worth less than the KP. Well, I am always glad when I get KP rather than diamonds. Even though, those diamonds are better than winter lampions or those awful trees, but...

why diamonds are best? Nothing to do with versatility as such. I would not care about a resource that lets me do 100 different, but useless things. The point is they can do unique and powerful things. Unique means: things you cannot do any other way. But unique alone would still be pointless, for example if I could paint a building purple with diamonds. So on top of its uniqueness the effect needs to be powerful, meaning it has to make a big difference.
For diamonds there are lots of possibilities matching these criteria: Like buy Premium expansions, or other things that you are otherwise very limited in. Buy Magic buildings (the spire gives them, too but if you want a full set of Magic houses you will have to play the spire for 20 years or so). Upgrading the same houses without diamonds is not possible for most people (either they are not in a 10 chest FS or they are, but have too many of those houses). Making more RR spells than 5+10(if you craft your blueprint) is also only possible with diamonds. For people that do not generate lots of diamonds, even upgrading the MA and builder can be a challenge... All of those things (and I probably forgot a bunch) are much more valuable than 35 KP or even 50h of time boosts, which still are great, don´t get me wrong, 50 hours is 2 days worth of barracks troop production! I love it! But 500 Diamonds can buy me a few squares of space, which I get to use forever! Or 16 RR spells (=1 lvl on an evolving building).
Now if you look at all the other possible rewards from objects: KP, KP instants, time boosts, buildings. None of them can compare. 35 KP you get from waiting 35h (kind of a very limited 35h time boost), 50 KP instants (somewhat better and gets my AW upgraded a few %, nice, I like it!) times boosts as I said 2 days worth of troops, very cool. and a building (even if it is the best possible one, lets say the Igloo festival) I will be very happy, because it will save me a bit of space until it becomes outdated. None of these are unique (exception time boosts maybe) or can compare in power to simply having more expansions in your city, or upgrading unique buildings you want to keep.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ah ha! So that explains why I usually get the 500D or the 8H Boosters from an MO! They have the lower value!
You learn something new EVERY single day! ^_^
The percentages change and are not always the same. However the probability of getting a certain prize is of no importance for the quality of the prizes. It is only of importance if you want to know how often you will get the prize regardless of it´s quality.
However I do not understand your comment. Diamonds always have the lower % value in the MO, in this example getting them more than 1 out of 5 times when they are in a box, would mean you are unusually lucky. time boosts in this example have the higher % value, so you are more likely to get them than diamonds (2 out of 5), equally likely as you are to get the KP. But every MO is different, hover over it before you click on it and you will see what is in it and what their relative probabilities are.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
why diamonds are best? Nothing to do with versatility as such. I would not care about a resource that lets me do 100 different, but useless things. The point is they can do unique and powerful things. Unique means: things you cannot do any other way. But unique alone would still be pointless, for example if I could paint a building purple with diamonds. So on top of its uniqueness the effect needs to be powerful, meaning it has to make a big difference.
For diamonds there are lots of possibilities matching these criteria: Like buy Premium expansions, or other things that you are otherwise very limited in. Buy Magic buildings (the spire gives them, too but if you want a full set of Magic houses you will have to play the spire for 20 years or so). Upgrading the same houses without diamonds is not possible for most people (either they are not in a 10 chest FS or they are, but have too many of those houses). Making more RR spells than 5+10(if you craft your blueprint) is also only possible with diamonds. For people that do not generate lots of diamonds, even upgrading the MA and builder can be a challenge... All of those things (and I probably forgot a bunch) are much more valuable than 35 KP or even 50h of time boosts, which still are great, don´t get me wrong, 50 hours is 2 days worth of barracks troop production! I love it! But 500 Diamonds can buy me a few squares of space, which I get to use forever! Or 16 RR spells (=1 lvl on an evolving building).
Now if you look at all the other possible rewards from objects: KP, KP instants, time boosts, buildings. None of them can compare. 35 KP you get from waiting 35h (kind of a very limited 35h time boost), 50 KP instants (somewhat better and gets my AW upgraded a few %, nice, I like it!) times boosts as I said 2 days worth of troops, very cool. and a building (even if it is the best possible one, lets say the Igloo festival) I will be very happy, because it will save me a bit of space until it becomes outdated. None of these are unique (exception time boosts maybe) or can compare in power to simply having more expansions in your city, or upgrading unique buildings you want to keep.

I agree with you, I use diamonds, and buy premium expansions. I have 200 tiles worth alone in Spire stuff, so I do use a lot of RR. I am in a laid back-enjoy-the-game-don't-make-it-a-job type of FS, so all come from real work grinded money hehe. We do 5-7 chests and sometimes it depends if I do 4K pts or 1.5K. As ofc, I love knowledge there too. I have 10 AW (all to fairies, still to research orc's AW), all of them level 6, except two at level 7... KP are way undervalued.

But still, one knowledge point is worth 45 diamonds, and 35 are 1575. With that you might not buy a magic house, but maybe you wrap up sooner an AW that will allow you to do a lot more in that week's tournaments, multiplying the knowledge.

KP and diamonds are almost the same, with different goals. I prefer to get 35 knowledge and pay $5 for those diamonds (which I don't, as the higher offers are better.)

I like more the genie dropping 100!

Last edited: