• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Back door to Barracks

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
It would be absolutely AWESOME, if a shortcut or back door could be created to the Barracks, similar to the Magic Academy... So we can create more troops without picking up others.... Please, please, pretty please, Elvenar Gurus?! ♡

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Autumn Goldleaf, You'll be pleased to know we'll be introducing separate Training Queues for each Training Camp allowing you to train more Troops. It will be available on the Live Servers very soon!

Pauly7

Magus
Why do you want to train troops without picking up the ones that are ready ?
So that more can be picked up with time instants.

I don't think it will happen because it will effectively mean that all of the troops you ever collect could be boosted by the brown bear.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It will create a huge disbalance in the game, remember not all players have a brown bear. If we enabled this "back door", a host of complaints would arise, and with a reason. Many players don't have, a brown bear and some players have more than one. However, with the possibility to queue all three training queues you will get a lot more out of your brown bear. This one I don't think it will happen.

Hekata

Artisan
An option I'd like to have is a button that would allow me to see my troops without picking them up. Basically I'd like to access the Army Camp tab without having to click on the barrack (or the other buildings) to check on my troop and sometimes their stats. We couldn't start troops production form there, just check what we currently have. Do you think that could be done? It wouldn't affect troop production in any way and it wouldn't cause any disbalance.

Gargon667

Mentor
An option I'd like to have is a button that would allow me to see my troops without picking them up. Basically I'd like to access the Army Camp tab without having to click on the barrack (or the other buildings) to check on my troop and sometimes their stats. We couldn't start troops production form there, just check what we currently have. Do you think that could be done? It wouldn't affect troop production in any way and it wouldn't cause any disbalance.
Doesn´t work either, in the browser you actually can start producing troops directly from the army camp using hotkeys.

All I would really need would be to change the time displayed when hovering over the merc camp from time to next stack finishing to time until the end of the training queue. But I guess I can live without it...

m4rt1n

Adept
I see this as thinking we can build up a huge amount of troops then feed the Bear, for that reason it cannot happen as @anonglitch explains.

However for other reasons like quests in events, try crafting some free troop buildings like the Grounds of the Orc Strategist and Vallorian Valor. They are great troops in early chapters to have, and help in later chapters to keep numbers up.

Leave them full and with a few of those buildings troop quests can be passed instantly in events if that is what you are looking for.

Gargon667

Mentor
If quests are the problem, just time boost your barracks a couple hours? But I doubt anyone has trouble with those quests unless they play pacifist without barracks...

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
So that more can be picked up with time instants.

I don't think it will happen because it will effectively mean that all of the troops you ever collect could be boosted by the brown bear.
Haha! You figured out my evil plan, Pauly!

To go back to Brown Bear usage tho, does it also boost troops from Vallorian Valors and Orc Strategists?

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Haha! You figured out my evil plan, Pauly!

To go back to Brown Bear usage tho, does it also boost troops from Vallorian Valors and Orc Strategists?

No, only the ones you train in the Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm going to put it in the suggestions thread, but thought I'd mention it here first.

How about adding an icon to the upper panel next to those for Inventory and Other Resources, the provides a popup list of your current troop levels?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
However, with the possibility to queue all three training queues you will get a lot more out of your brown bear.
This is simply not true. You can’t get more out of your brown bear with the three separate training queues, as you could already collect all three training facilities at once after feeding the brown bear, you just had to train one facility after another and not collect in between, before feeding the bear. All you needed was some patience and careful manoeuvring across your city.
There is absolutely no brown bear advantage from the separate training queues.
Especially not since the time instants work on only one training queue at a time. Were the time instants working on all three queues at the same time, then yes it would be an advantage. But it’s not, so really nothing has changed for people with brown bears.

Only thing the separate training queues has done is (relatively speaking) devaluate the AWs that give free troops, as those troops can now easily be made in the training facilities, since you don’t have to choose between which troops to prioritise, because you can train three kinds at the same time now.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
On a small note, @C-Nymph don't forget that the feeding effect sticks for several hours.

True, for initial pickup collection it does not make a difference if you play it smart, as we all did when it was a shared queue. However, you have several hours worth of feeding effect, and all three buildings generating troops. So, you do get more out from your Brown Bear during the feeding effect time just by keeping all three buildings active.

If you boost your barracks, you obviously only boost your barracks, but the timers in your mercenary camp and training ground will keep going down one second at a time. You will be able to collect a few times from each of all three buildings with a single feeding effect, getting the bonus on all these pick ups.

DeletedUser8409

+1 for this.

A button for the Army Camp without collecting would be nice to have. It would not be exploitable.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
On a small note, @C-Nymph don't forget that the feeding effect sticks for several hours. (...) So, you do get more out from your Brown Bear during the feeding effect time just by keeping all three buildings active.
I think we can all agree that using pet food only to sit back and collect when the queue finishes on its own is a waste of pet food. Especially as pet food is getting increasingly rare to get your hands on. Everyone uses their fed brown bears with time instants + supplies (or supply instants). The 'advantage' you get from just sitting back and waiting for the queues to be done is hardly worth mentioning, especially not if you compare it to the big disadvantage we got before. As Killiak already quoted me from another thread, that is exactly what I mean.